WindRock Octiber !7 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > WindRock Octiber !7

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #46
Jon00XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNeustadt View Post
If my TJ is not ready I might bring a couple ATV's instead.
Hey wheelin is wheelin. My friend is gonna be following me on his so Id say go for it.

Unread 10-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #47
74CJMatlock
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon00XJ View Post
Well guys looks like I won't be following you on the harder trails. My wife is going and she is little over 6 months preggo so I don't wanna get on a trail I can't get off of in a hurry for what ever reason. Plus she loves to wheel but she doesnt like the hardcore stuff I do. But I am still going i'm just sticking to moderate trails. If anyone would like to follow me that would be fine. Looks like we are gonna have enough people to split off into 2 groups if we have too. Last unofficial count I had was mid to upper 20's lol

Also another reason im staying on the easier trails is because I have a friend thats bringing his ATV. He has never been off road before so he wants to keep it kinda simple.
Jon, I may be joining you on the moderate trails. It really depends upon which trails are being contemplated on each ride. I'm getting pretty tired of the play-break-fix-repeat cycle. We can figure it out when we get there.
Unread 10-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #48
Zjeeplover
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I am gonna try really really hard to get in on this ride. Depends on what I get done Friday.
Unread 10-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #49
Jon00XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74CJMatlock View Post
Jon, I may be joining you on the moderate trails. It really depends upon which trails are being contemplated on each ride. I'm getting pretty tired of the play-break-fix-repeat cycle. We can figure it out when we get there.
Same here. I just replaced 3 u-joints. the check book is tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjeeplover View Post
I am gonna try really really hard to get in on this ride. Depends on what I get done Friday.
awesome man I hope to see you there
Unread 10-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #50
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

what time is everyone expecting to be hitting the interstate...i'm just going to jump in the convoy when yall hit the athens area
Unread 10-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #51
Jon00XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDuck99 View Post
what time is everyone expecting to be hitting the interstate...i'm just going to jump in the convoy when yall hit the athens area
Well we are meeting in cleveland at 8 in the morning probably be passing athens around 830 840. If you want we could meet you right off the exit about 830.
Unread 10-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #52
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

just call or text when you guys are getting close. no since in everyone getting off the interstate just to get right back on.
Unread 10-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #53
Jon00XJ

alright that sounds good
Unread 10-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #54
DRJTEN
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i am new to this site but going to try to meet up with u guys at 8 hope to make it
Unread 10-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #55
JKChad
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey guys, Just got clearance at work.. I have saturday off

The Knoxwrangler club will be riding saturday also. It's my thoughts that maybe we could all team up together. Have a group for stockish rigs and group for the more experienced or brave.

Has an offical meet time be set?

-Chad-
3" Teraflex Lift w/flex arms-TF Front ADJ trackbar- 35" MTR's w/kevlar-17" rubicon moabs-Spider trax 1.5" spacers-AEV Procal-weather tech floor liners-Daystar upper dash panel and hood wranglers-Misch arm rest and center console armrest pad.

Factory options/Dana 44 rear w/3.73 gears/rear E-locker/front E-swaybar disco
Unread 10-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #56
WJVol
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ya I'm trying to convince the queen that she doesn't want to hang out with me saturday so I can go.....but I would love to meet up with yall at windrock and may bring a couple friends (an XJ and maybe a TJ) Ive 2.5" ish lift on my WJ...
Unread 10-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #57
Jon00XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJTEN View Post
i am new to this site but going to try to meet up with u guys at 8 hope to make it
hellz yeah sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKChad View Post
Hey guys, Just got clearance at work.. I have saturday off

The Knoxwrangler club will be riding saturday also. It's my thoughts that maybe we could all team up together. Have a group for stockish rigs and group for the more experienced or brave.

Has an offical meet time be set?

-Chad-
I am bringing the cleveland group up to meet yal at the snack shack at 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJVol View Post
Ya I'm trying to convince the queen that she doesn't want to hang out with me saturday so I can go.....but I would love to meet up with yall at windrock and may bring a couple friends (an XJ and maybe a TJ) Ive 2.5" ish lift on my WJ...
nice hop to see you guys there
Unread 10-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #58
ntneustadt
1989 XJ Cherokee 

im just going to meet everyone around 9:30-10 with my beast
4:56 gears.
6 inch lift
33x12.50 Fire Stone Mud
super HD radiator
super HD steering everything
Unread 10-14-2009, 06:10 AM   #59
Jeep-Jeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

I've never been to Windrock either. What are the ratings of the trails? I don't have any sliders/rockers yet, so that's my only concern.

Is there camping around? The wife and I were talking about doing it this weekend anyway, since it's a BYE week for the VOLS. We're looking at pitching a tent, but she's gonna want a shower.. LOL.

EDIT:
I just found this:
http://windrockcampground.com/CampingRates.html

How close is this place to the trails?

| 4x4 Clubs Listing |

current: 09 JKUR
previous Jeeps: 76 CJ7, 93 YJ, 98 TJ, 99 WJ, 84 SJ, 83 CJ7, 90 XJ, 94 ZJ, 87 SJ, 97 ZJ, 02 WJ, 08 JKR
Unread 10-14-2009, 06:29 AM   #60
74CJMatlock
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep-Jeep View Post
I've never been to Windrock either. What are the ratings of the trails? I don't have any sliders/rockers yet, so that's my only concern.

Is there camping around? The wife and I were talking about doing it this weekend anyway, since it's a BYE week for the VOLS. We're looking at pitching a tent, but she's gonna want a shower.. LOL.

EDIT:
I just found this:
http://windrockcampground.com/CampingRates.html

How close is this place to the trails?
Windrock has all kinds of trails, from easy to insane. There's already been talk in this thread of splitting into two groups--one probably taking on moderate-to-difficult trails, and one easy-to-moderate trails. We'll work out the details when we get there, but it definitely looks like we'll have enough Jeeps to split up (also remember to add yourself to the Windrock October 17th Roll Call thread). With the rain we're getting now, the trails may still be slick on Saturday, so some of our decisions regarding which trails we take will be governed by conditions that morning. Hope this helps.

The Windrock Campground is about 2 miles from the trail head. I've never been there, so I can't say anything about it, good or bad.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.