WindRock Octiber !7 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 83 Old 10-06-2009, 09:03 AM
74CJMatlock
Registered User
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 259
It looks like the Knox Wranger Club is meeting at the Snack Shack. I presume that everybody who's going from that group has therefore gone before. I'm glad to meet anywhere from West Knoxville towards Oliver Springs. The only hard part about finding Windrock is finding the turn-off to Windrock Road. If there are Knoxville folks who are worried about getting there, I'd suggest meeting somewhere along Pellissippi Parkway, in Oak Ridge, or in Oliver Springs before you get there. Since I'm still questionable about whether I'll be there or not, I'd prefer not to be the guy in charge of organizing the Knoxville contingent. Off hand, however, I'd suggest one of the gas stations off the Hardin Valley Exit of Pellissippi Parkway (I think there's a Shell/Wendy's there, and there's something on the other side of the parkway, but I can't think of what it is). Thoughts?


1974 CJ-5
locked front and rear
74CJMatlock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 83 Old 10-06-2009, 10:25 AM
TNeustadt
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 373
That is really close to where I live, and in fact will be driving right past, if 'ya want to arrange a meeting there (Hardin Valley Shell/Wendy's) at 9am I'll gladly show the way to Windrock parking lot.
TNeustadt is offline  
post #33 of 83 Old 10-06-2009, 11:42 AM
jazzman31
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: No Where
Posts: 125
Anyone going this weekend? Ithinking about taking a ride just to ride.
jazzman31 is offline  
post #34 of 83 Old 10-06-2009, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Jon00XJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 845
Glad this is all coming together. Trail 3 looks like a doozy. As much as I would want to go over those obstacles mins gotta get me home and to work on monday. But hey i'll run all the bypasses! lol
Jon00XJ is offline  
post #35 of 83 Old 10-07-2009, 02:51 PM
tnjeep03
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 163
If you take the bypasses 3 is doable by a stock TJ (seen it three times). I've only seen one jeep (non buggy with 35s or smaller) make it up lower 3. I've seen ALOT try and personally winched two of them out. However, if you don't plan on hitting the hard stuff at the end its kind of a long ride for not much excitement. Playing on the ledges going up to 3 is fun but as most of windrock, conditions matter alot - if its wet it will be rough. If we get alot of rain this week 16 might be worth running, otherwise its mostly just a dirt road now. I would put 2 and 22 in the same category. There are some decent trails in the north end of the park but its a long way to get up there.
tnjeep03 is offline  
post #36 of 83 Old 10-08-2009, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Jon00XJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjeep03 View Post
If you take the bypasses 3 is doable by a stock TJ (seen it three times). I've only seen one jeep (non buggy with 35s or smaller) make it up lower 3. I've seen ALOT try and personally winched two of them out. However, if you don't plan on hitting the hard stuff at the end its kind of a long ride for not much excitement. Playing on the ledges going up to 3 is fun but as most of windrock, conditions matter alot - if its wet it will be rough. If we get alot of rain this week 16 might be worth running, otherwise its mostly just a dirt road now. I would put 2 and 22 in the same category. There are some decent trails in the north end of the park but its a long way to get up there.
Hey a long ride is fine with me. You guys will see im more of a watcher than a doer. I like to take a few challenges but then I really just like to watch other people. I like trail 2. Although I havnt been down it since I did a lift and tires. but thats one trail I have to hit before we leave. ha I kinda got beef with it. It claimed my brake pads and my friend turners clutch.

Does anyone know which trail leads up to the windmills? I would really like to ride that one too. Also I heard about one with a cave?

16 sounds like a good trail. I been down it on a 4 wheeler while it was raining. Mud mud and mud.
Jon00XJ is offline  
post #37 of 83 Old 10-08-2009, 02:12 PM
74CJMatlock
Registered User
1974 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 259
Just checked the ten day forecast. Looks like a good chance of rain at the end of the week. Sounds like trail 16 may be an option--lots of mud to play in.

1974 CJ-5
locked front and rear
74CJMatlock is offline  
post #38 of 83 Old 10-08-2009, 02:15 PM
QuickSilverCon
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,222
The windmills are off of the main road- I believe you can do 6 (short and 2wd) for a bit of a view and then just go up the hill a bit to get to em.
The cave is off of 3. It is semi interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberwolf0122 View Post
I think you are confusing the right to free speech with the right to be a **** bag, only one is protected by the constitution.
QuickSilverCon is offline  
post #39 of 83 Old 10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
TNeustadt
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 373
hopefully have my new axles in by then, wondering if I need to take it easy during the "break-in" miles
Axles by DTS, they say pull covers & change fluid after 500 miles... still should be fun.
TNeustadt is offline  
post #40 of 83 Old 10-08-2009, 04:16 PM
tnjeep03
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNeustadt View Post
hopefully have my new axles in by then, wondering if I need to take it easy during the "break-in" miles
Axles by DTS, they say pull covers & change fluid after 500 miles... still should be fun.
I would say take it easy and changing the gear oil after 500 miles is important also. Upgrade your diff covers when you do it. What kinda did ya get? New axles means time for BIG tires
tnjeep03 is offline  
post #41 of 83 Old 10-09-2009, 04:49 AM
TNeustadt
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnjeep03 View Post
I would say take it easy and changing the gear oil after 500 miles is important also. Upgrade your diff covers when you do it. What kinda did ya get? New axles means time for BIG tires
Found some made by DriveTrain Specialists on Craigslist ,up in Kentucky...Still sitting on shipping pallet, for 6 yrs. Jims off-Road instsalling next week. They already come with some thick covers by DTS. Detroit locker rear, ARB locker front w/ lockouts. 4.56 gears. Gonna stay with the 32's I currently have. Pretty stoked, hope they haven't been ruined by sitting for 6 yrs though.
TNeustadt is offline  
post #42 of 83 Old 10-11-2009, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Jon00XJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 845
Well guys looks like I won't be following you on the harder trails. My wife is going and she is little over 6 months preggo so I don't wanna get on a trail I can't get off of in a hurry for what ever reason. Plus she loves to wheel but she doesnt like the hardcore stuff I do. But I am still going i'm just sticking to moderate trails. If anyone would like to follow me that would be fine. Looks like we are gonna have enough people to split off into 2 groups if we have too. Last unofficial count I had was mid to upper 20's lol

Also another reason im staying on the easier trails is because I have a friend thats bringing his ATV. He has never been off road before so he wants to keep it kinda simple.

Anyway everyone try to sound off in the roll call thread that way we can get a good idea on who we need to wait on before leaving our meeting areas
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/...l-call-876140/
Jon00XJ is offline  
post #43 of 83 Old 10-11-2009, 01:42 PM
MudDuck99
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 2,273
well after begging and a 100 dollar bribe. I'm in for sure
MudDuck99 is offline  
post #44 of 83 Old 10-11-2009, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Jon00XJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDuck99 View Post
well after begging and a 100 dollar bribe. I'm in for sure
hahahahaha now thats devotion
Jon00XJ is offline  
post #45 of 83 Old 10-11-2009, 02:02 PM
TNeustadt
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon00XJ View Post
Well guys looks like I won't be following you on the harder trails. My wife is going and she is little over 6 months preggo so I don't wanna get on a trail I can't get off of in a hurry for what ever reason. Plus she loves to wheel but she doesnt like the hardcore stuff I do. But I am still going i'm just sticking to moderate trails. If anyone would like to follow me that would be fine. Looks like we are gonna have enough people to split off into 2 groups if we have too. Last unofficial count I had was mid to upper 20's lol

Also another reason im staying on the easier trails is because I have a friend thats bringing his ATV. He has never been off road before so he wants to keep it kinda simple.

Anyway everyone try to sound off in the roll call thread that way we can get a good idea on who we need to wait on before leaving our meeting areas
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/...l-call-876140/
If my TJ is not ready I might bring a couple ATV's instead.
TNeustadt is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Windrock Aug 8 or 9? tnjeep03 South East USA 4 08-08-2009 09:30 AM
Anyone for Windrock? jweaver321 South East USA 3 07-28-2009 03:58 PM
anyone want to go to windrock??? 04TJrubicon South East USA 33 06-27-2009 01:45 PM
Windrock 4/25 Beater37887 South East USA 137 04-27-2009 06:59 AM
Windrock Brian(mid-mo) Tennessee Jeep Forum 2 12-28-2007 07:22 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome