Western North Carolina/Eastern Tennessee - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Western North Carolina/Eastern Tennessee

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 12-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #16
Unii
1995 YJ Wrangler 

other than aetna whats in chatt i have been to prentice cooper but not big fork yet

Unii is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #17
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

big fork is a nice local spot. only enough to keep you busy for a couple of hours. we spent the majority of our time there in the "playground"
MudDuck99 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #18
Unii
1995 YJ Wrangler 

how do you get there exactly?
Unii is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #19
MudDuck99
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

drive past the road that takes you to prentice cooper and it's about 2 miles on the right. it says big fork nursery
MudDuck99 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #20
grandpa63
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellicojeeper View Post
aetna in chatt. tn is awesome!!!!!! we go 2-3 times a month
were is aetna in chatt??????
grandpa63 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #21
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Check out Grace4x4 and TN Mudders. Those groups have a lot of the same members and a lot of them live in the TriCities area and know a lot of the local places.

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #22
tellicojeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

aetna is off the tn highway patrol exit on i24. cant remember the exit number, but its the highway 11 exit also. right past the river.
Unread 12-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #23
tellicojeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

big fork has one heck of a huge ledge!!!! fun trail ride. but that one ledge is sweet. its one of them make it or roll it deals. has a bypass for those not wanting to try it.
Unread 03-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #24
01TJRuffneck
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I live in franklin about 45 mins from asheville there are a few places in sylva about 30 mins from you we should go some time
01TJRuffneck is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #25
kiffer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Brevard about 10 minutes from Pisgah National Forest. Head over from Asheville on 26 and take exit 40 (Asheville Regional Airport exit) and head toward Brevard (about 15 minutes). Make a right at the intersection with Pizza Hut on your right and it takes you up into PNF. TONS of trails/mud/ice/rocks up there year round (with the exception of snow.)
Only about 30 minutes from d-town Asheville depending on how ya drive.
Enjoy the mud!
kiffer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #26
Brian2o0o
2013 JK Wrangler 

Franklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01TJRuffneck View Post
I live in franklin about 45 mins from asheville there are a few places in sylva about 30 mins from you we should go some time
I'm in Franklin all the time, my grandparents have a house off of 441 headed towards Dillsborough. Where's the trails in Sylva? I've been over around rough butt between cashiers and cullowhee before.
Unread 03-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #27
01TJRuffneck
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2o0o View Post
I'm in Franklin all the time, my grandparents have a house off of 441 headed towards Dillsborough. Where's the trails in Sylva? I've been over around rough butt between cashiers and cullowhee before.
ya thats were ive been there are a few more around the same place and most have been closed
01TJRuffneck is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #28
ncskier
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian2o0o View Post
I did Rough Butt yesterday, my first trip out in my new ride. I couldn't find a way out, seemed all the trails were blocked at some point. I had to turn around and come back out the way I came in. Where exactly is Hurricane Creek? Is that the one that goes right off of I-40? What mile marker? Anyway, sorry to revive this old thread but since I did...Have any new spots popped up in the Asheville area?
ncskier is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #29
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I've done Beasley Knob a few times and it's decent, not worth a huge drive though. Gonna hit up Coal Creek and Harlan sometime this coming 2011. I was one of the lucky few to get the opportunity to wheel Tellico before it closed, but it was only once.
Unread 10-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #30
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

possibly movin to asheville in dec. ill be on the lookout for trails as well. let me know what you find!

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.