Western North Carolina/Eastern Tennessee - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Western North Carolina/Eastern Tennessee

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
CLIMBaMTN
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Western North Carolina/Eastern Tennessee

Does anyone know of good spots to go wheelin in WNC? or even E. Tenn? I Just moved here recently and got another Jeep finally and looking for spots in the area or nearby. thanks

CLIMBaMTN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
Voyame
2007 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the Smokey's. Plenty of good riding around the Chattanooga area. From mild to Yikes! Telico might open back up in 2010. You'll be needing your snow tires soon even if you aren't offroad.
Voyame is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
CLIMBaMTN
1995 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the reply...i just saw the tennessee thread with lots of places listed...some of those sound good.
anyone know of spots close to Asheville or within 40 miles?
Unread 12-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
doogie

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIMBaMTN View Post
thanks for the reply...i just saw the tennessee thread with lots of places listed...some of those sound good.
anyone know of spots close to Asheville or within 40 miles?
There is an unmaintained forest service road called Hurricane Creek about 15 miles from the TN border down I-40. Nothing really to difficult though just sort of a nice ride. A few creek crossings and one or 2 rocky areas that would be hard for a stock something but anything even mildly modified will handle it easily. I'm actually wondering the same thing though. I do the Hurricane Creek trail a few times a year, actually did it Saturday. it starts out at about 5,800 ft so there was 3 or so inches of snow at the start of the trail. But yeah it would be nice to find some new spots. Soem pics in my build thread if you are interested.

My old ZJ build thread
Previous builds 99-XJ, 98-XJ, 89-XJ, 05-TJ, 95-ZJ, 79-J10
doogie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
starsjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

callalantee ,,,, mountain city tn
check it out
starsjeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
CLIMBaMTN
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie View Post
There is an unmaintained forest service road called Hurricane Creek about 15 miles from the TN border down I-40. Nothing really to difficult though just sort of a nice ride. A few creek crossings and one or 2 rocky areas that would be hard for a stock something but anything even mildly modified will handle it easily. I'm actually wondering the same thing though. I do the Hurricane Creek trail a few times a year, actually did it Saturday. it starts out at about 5,800 ft so there was 3 or so inches of snow at the start of the trail. But yeah it would be nice to find some new spots. Soem pics in my build thread if you are interested.
that looks like a pretty good trail...theres got to be more like that closer to asheville...I'll let you know if i find any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsjeep View Post
callalantee ,,,, mountain city tn
check it out
I heard about Callalantee...I will be checking it out soon
Unread 12-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
Brg0012
1983 CJ7 

i live in chattanooga, and show you some "local" places. pm if you want more details
Brg0012 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
burger3026
2005 TJ Wrangler 

the flats of i-40 exit 85ish. not open to public yet,but soon I hope, and check redlyners deal jan.2 in denver. it would take you about an hour and a half to get here.
burger3026 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #9
tellicojeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

aetna in chatt. tn is awesome!!!!!! we go 2-3 times a month
Unread 12-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

There's Beasley Knob in Blairsville, GA but its going to close from Jan. - Mar.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #11
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I will be at our family vaca home in the Pisgah National Forest off of 226 just before it turns in to 107 in TN next week. I'll be looking to ride some trials in the area. Hopefully some Snow wheeling too let me know if you find more folks up this way to ride with, I'd love to join in.
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/

Last edited by Boundless; 12-21-2009 at 02:26 PM..
Boundless is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #12
Chester405
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man welcome to the great city of Asheville! I wish I could help you out man but I don't know of any places around Asheville. What part of Asheville you living?
Chester405 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #13
tellicojeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i dont like asheville!!!!!!!!! you guys get snow and we get miserable sleet slush!!!!! j/k if you ever make over toward chatt. let us know....
Unread 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #14
Chester405
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hell yeah man I am really excited about the snow. I actually ran into this storm while canoeing in the Everglades last week. Lots of rain and wind. Then I come up here to a foot of snow from the same storm. It is crazy.
Chester405 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2009, 04:35 PM   #15
Voyame
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yep, Asheville gets plenty of snow...I lived in Waynesville one year...but we got the trails. Wouldn't trade ya!
Voyame is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.