We're back - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > We're back

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-20-2008, 06:20 AM   #1
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

We're back

We made it home last night:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/back-long-jeep-trip-584401/

Ready to wheel local again (almost) --- just gotta go over the mechanicals and make sure I didn't break anything.
The JK does better on slow roads than open highway but I was impressed by it overall. I'll post fuel data and stuff after I tally the numbers.

It was a great trip, btw.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 07-20-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Those are some cool pics. I'm heading to Alaska next summer hope to see some places like those.
Unread 07-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #3
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06trailrig View Post
Those are some cool pics. I'm heading to Alaska next summer hope to see some places like those.
We're talking about doing that too ----- how long are you taking?
It was 4 days of driving to get to Jasper, AB.......

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 07-20-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Prob. 2-3 weeks. I have family up there so I'm gonna stay with them for a couple of days.
Unread 07-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice, I plan to make a trip to Yellow Stone at some point. I have a friend who works out there for Yellow Stone.
Unread 07-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Stay in Jackson, Jeremy --- hit the dirt roads from below Yellowstone.
You'll like the activity level in Jackson too; it's a pretty hip place.

If you want to camp and do it rustic, stay on north side off the Beartooth Highway.

'06 --- use all 3 weeks. 5 days of travel each way will give you Road Buzz like you can't imagine....

Unread 07-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Plan on it so I can take it all in.
Unread 07-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #8
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

I would probably stay in Yellow Stone because he can get me a free cabin or w/e I want.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.