Ultimate Jeep Adventure in TN, GA & NC in June - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Ultimate Jeep Adventure in TN, GA & NC in June

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 04-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
1Bad85CJ
1985 CJ7 

Ultimate Jeep Adventure in TN, GA & NC in June

http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/docs/itin...JJUSA0913D.pdf

Hey all, time to put up or shut up. 9 days, 8 nights with the Ultimate Jeep adventure and you don't need a monster jeep to do it. It includes white water rafting, bicycling, hiking, food, and drinks (not on trail)

• No body lifts or suspension lifts over 6” combined.
• No tires over 37”.
• No snowplow frames.
• We recommend removing running boards and steps
both factory and aftermarket if planning to
participate in higher rated trails.
• All open-topped vehicles, including older models
(CJs, Scramblers and Willys), must have mandatory
roll bars.
• Tow strap recommended (with loops—NO HOOKS).
• Full-size spare tire or comparable size mandatory! A
space-saver spare (donut) just won’t do.
• Must be street legal with license plate.
Please contact Glenda if you have further questions at
glenda@jeepjam.com or 530-333-4777 ext. 12.

1Bad85CJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

What are yall going to do now that Tellico is closed?

Im interested but yall just going to skip Tellico or go somewhere else?
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
1Bad85CJ
1985 CJ7 

Technically it's closed, legally it is not. Right now there is an ongoing legal issue and the Jeep Jamboree USA folks believe that while this remains a legal issue, we will be able to ride Tellico. It we are not able to go to Telco, we will wheel somewhere else just as fun.

Also, the trip is not just about wheelin', it about enjoying the great outdoors with Rafting on a class 3/4/5 river, mountain biking, hiking, having catered meals, and having a beer or two with some new friends.

So, if Tellico is open to us, great, if not, it will be just as fun.
1Bad85CJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

But you can't get on the trails regardless.

Anyways just wondering...
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
tnjeep03
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Seems like wishful thinking that Tellico will be open then. Also, unless I'm confused, legally or technically, you can't ride tellico now. Likely will stay that way until the legal stuff is resolved, which could take awhile. Just my
tnjeep03 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #6
jazzman31
2010 JK Wrangler 

Read it and weep, because thats all I have been doing for the last year. Right at my back door, the best four wheeling anywhere and I cant even go. Sad sad day when I saw them cables go up. I almost let some tears go.

Cant enjoy what God has made for us, so some tree huggers (who a majority dont believe in the Lord )can say we saved this land from these savages.

Im gonna bang my head against the wall, bang my head againt the wall, bang it until it bleeds, I goona bang my head against the cause I can.

Tellico closed.

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/nepa/tusquitee/tellico.htm

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
FOREST SERVICE
NATIONAL FORESTS IN NORTH CAROLINA
NANTAHALA NATIONAL FOREST
TUSQUITEE RANGER DISTRICT
Order Number 02-19-2009
Temporary Emergency Closure of Trails in the Upper Tellico OHV Trail and Road
System
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50 (a) and (b) and in accordance with 36 C.F.R. § 212.52, the following acts are prohibited on the entire length of all National Forest System Trails and Roads located within the Upper Tellico OHV Trail and Road System, with exception of Trail TRUT-1/NFSR 420-1, NFSR 402 and that portion of Trail TRUT 2/NFSR 420-2 traversing from NFSR 402 to Jenks Gap, which will all remain open for use by registered, street legal motor vehicles only as further described on the Upper Tellico OHV Trail System Map. This closure is effective from April 1, 2009 until March 31, 2011, or earlier if the order is officially terminated by the Forest Supervisor.
Possession or use of a motorized vehicle on a road or trail within the Upper Tellico OHV Trail and Road system, which is closed by sign, gate or barricade. 36 C.F.R. § 261.54 (a) and (e) and 36 C.F.R. § 261.55 (a) and (b).
Pursuant to 36 C.F.R. § 261.50 (e), the following persons are exempted from this order:
Persons with a permit from the authorized Forest Service Officer specifically authorizing an otherwise prohibited act or omission.
Owners or lessees of land accessed by the specified trails are exempt from the prohibitions listed above to the extent necessary to gain access to their land.
Any Federal, State or local officer or member of an organized rescue or
firefighting force working in the performance of an official duty.
Executed in Asheville, North Carolina this 31st day of March, 2009
/s/ Marisue Hilliard _
MARISUE HILLIARD Forest Supervisor National Forests in North Carolina
jazzman31 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.