Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

t.o.r.c. gorge cleanup run

4K views 65 replies 6 participants last post by  Morgen251 
#1 ·
ive got some people over on www.we-go-offroad.com that are wanting to do a cleanup ride at the gorge on march 1st....thought this might be a good way for us to get a little more rocognition, and learn some new trails as well as meet some new people....if you are interested, post up here and ill work on getting some more info...

by cleanu, i mean opening the trails back up, as well as packing in a few bags of trash, seeing that there is always more crap down there than should be

#3 ·
sure thing, i think as a club, we need to be involved in as much of this type of thing as possible, even if it means driving 4 hrs to work for a day or 2 and get zero trail riding done.....although with this group, im sure it will be alot of both...:D

#7 ·
thats what im workin on, should be the easiest place, considering mine is a trailer queen anywhere except around town.....

if nothing else, we(T.O.R.C.) can meet at the sandlot, or whatever you wanna call it, and work on our own clean/clear run

#15 ·
yep, im thinking everyone that wants to go will need to follow me to the creek, so.....
take 64 east to the mountain pkwy, take the stanton exit #22, turn left at the bottom of the hill, and meet me at hardee's around 8:30, that way we should be able to meet everybody else at the creek by 9 or so

#66 ·
How do you get to the trailhead area? Which trails are mild, and which are wild?

#17 ·
i honestly have no idea, if i were to guess, i would say they will range from easy to hard, i know thats a broad statement, but thats really the only answer i have right now. :D like i said before, its been so long since ive been down there, i cant even remember the trails very well:rolleyes:....so.....:confused:

#27 ·
well, i prefer the 4500, the 5600 is too heavy, and no longer has parts available, and the G56? well, i think the 4500 is stronger actually

Andrew, if i cant get it fixed, i might take you up on that. i dont like wheeling what i have to drive home, just puts a constant burden in the back of my mind, and i cant enjoy myself

#28 ·
well, i prefer the 4500, the 5600 is too heavy, and no longer has parts available, and the G56? well, i think the 4500 is stronger actually

Andrew, if i cant get it fixed, i might take you up on that. i dont like wheeling what i have to drive home, just puts a constant burden in the back of my mind, and i cant enjoy myself

#29 ·

I always enjoy myself, and I drive my Jeep to and from.

#31 ·
you are correct, honestly, i could probably bring major damage to any of the above mentioned trannies

well, ill be back in action the first part of next week, im takin it to the shop...i hate to admit defeat, but i dont have time to mess with it:2thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.