Shoe Creek 5/5-5/7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Shoe Creek 5/5-5/7

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
dooleey

Shoe Creek 5/5-5/7

Has anyone been out to Shoe Creek in the last few week's, wondering if there is still snow lingering around, I have a group of 14 or so headed up there and just want to know what to expect.

Unread 03-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #2
dooleey

Edd you message box is full you cant receive any messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander4x4
I was suppose to go to GWNF but it seems like everyone may back out and if so I still want to wheel this weekend. Name is Ed, just PM if you don't mind someone showing up, I saw your post in the shoe creek thread.

In Norfolk myself and already took off Friday.

Hey so i am not sure if my last message took, i am new to Jeep Forum and well i was expecting to see my message under yours. if you recieved my message then cool if not here it is again.

So here it is again:

So as of right now we have a group of about 12 people heading up in 4 vehicles yea we have a lot of people but its all good. We are leaving newport news at 5pm on Friday and are giving ourselves 4 hours for the trip maybe a lil bit more because we are picking up all the food for the weekend at the Food Lion by liberty gas station on 29s. The group we have going is mostly CNU student's and other career people . You are more than welcome to meet up with us at any point, wether on the trail or in newport news. Seeing that you have already taken of work on friday i would probably just drive up there earlier and wheel some during the afternoon and you would beat the traffic. The only rule we have in terms of our group is no drinking to the point of getting drunk. If you want to get in on what we are having food wise and drinks etc, just asking for 20$ to cover all the food. As of right now we will have tons of food for the weekend and you will be more than welcome to any of it. alcahol is a supply your own or just work something out with any of the guy's at camp.

If you know the larger camp spot near the base of the trail just past a water crossing that's is where we are planning on camping if no one is there friday night.

Hey also saw that you were married i think from an older post on obx your wife is more than welcome to join as well. I think we have about 6 ladies in our group could be more by friday.

Our vehicles as of right now:

1998 Cherokee 3 in lift
1992? Cj wrangler, 35's, winched, small block Chevy
2002 Tahoe, and if its tranmission is done today it will have a 3 inch lift on it by tonight. Otherwise will be running stock on 32.5's
Stock ford ranger sport 4x4

Mark Doyle 757-876-9659
Meeting at 12716 Warwick BLVD Newport New's @ 4:30 pm
Unread 03-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
highlander4x4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I will see you in NN Mark, looks like my other trip is dead in the water and I just want to get out and wheel some.
Unread 03-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
RiverCityWK
2005 WK 

Is the trip scheduled for May?
Unread 03-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
BRAY6
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So, did you guys make it to Shoe Creek?
We went up on Sunday. Still lots of snow up past the cabin.
No one had been very far past the cabin.
We made it about a half mile past the cabin, through about a foot of snow!
Our group eventually turned around and went back down.
I'll try to post some pics later.

Slick rock was fun though, not very much snow up to there.
Unread 03-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
dooleey

Yea we made it up, we where camping at the large site, We made it up past the cabin a good way's. Where you in the Yellow Rubicon? Our in that group of 3? We had the Cherokee and 2 wranglers with us.
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
BRAY6
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Neither, we came up about 1:30 or 2:00.
Only saw 1 white wrangler and a toyota pickup.
We had 4 wranglers and 2 cherokees.

Tags
charlottesville , crabtree , shoe creek

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.