Road Trip! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Road Trip!

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
ClarkGriswold
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Road Trip!

After some thought I've decided that Jeeps had as much freedom and good fun as the bikers. With that in mind I'm beginning to work on coordinating a road trip for all Jeepers that are interested in a good company, FAMILY oriented Jeep trip starting in Chattanooga, TN and making the trip around the Southeast. The tenative dates and locations are open at this time; however, I would expect the trip to take approximately 1+ weeks and be in June 2009. Camping and hotel/motel accomodations would be a possibility and ALL Jeeps are welcome.

Feel free to contact me with any suggestions or to express interest in participating or helping to coordinate this event. Join me in the first (and hopefully annual) "Jeep Across America"!

Please contact me via jeepforum mail if you're interested in attending.

Red Jeep Club #488
ClarkGriswold is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That sounds amazing. kind of like a mini ultimate adventure. I'm in!
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
ClarkGriswold
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like there's not much interest. How's about it? I thought it was a good idea....

Red Jeep Club #488
Unread 11-07-2008, 06:00 AM   #4
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

I would be all my money is going towards my Rubicon trip in 2010... from GA to CA.. what a drive!
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:04 AM   #5
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

We did this last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr63wj1-jTw

We're going to take our Conqueror trailer and go somewhere during the last 2 weeks of May in 2009. We were thinking of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and a little Moab action....

Anybody that wants to camp for two weeks and join us on this road trip is welcome. Leaving NW of Atlanta on May 16 and returning on the 31st. BYO everything... ...as few "campgrounds" as possible...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
ClarkGriswold
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm View Post
I would be all my money is going towards my Rubicon trip in 2010... from GA to CA.. what a drive!
I haven't done it in my Jeep but I've made the TN to CA 'run' 3 times and it's a long one for sure!

Red Jeep Club #488
Unread 11-08-2008, 07:00 AM   #7
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'll go if you guys come to DE and get me :P

I hate living in this state Hopefully you guys have a fun+safe trip!
MacK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2008, 07:50 AM   #8
Voyame
2007 JK Wrangler 

It sounds like a great idea to me. Unfortunatly, at this time I don't have enough free time to do the whole trip. I'd like to join in on parts close by to me for sure. Sadly, I'm just a weekend warrior these days.
Voyame is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #9
ClarkGriswold
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyame View Post
It sounds like a great idea to me. Unfortunatly, at this time I don't have enough free time to do the whole trip. I'd like to join in on parts close by to me for sure. Sadly, I'm just a weekend warrior these days.
No problem. Actually, I was planning on starting from Chattanooga and then proceeding in some manner throughout much of the Southeast and then return to Chattanooga. Obviously in a week or two we couldn't 'discover' all of the Southeast but with some help in planning I'm sure we could hit some great sights and backroads of many of the southern states.

I'm open to suggestions and glad to have any help offered.

Red Jeep Club #488
Unread 11-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #10
ClarkGriswold
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
We did this last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr63wj1-jTw

We're going to take our Conqueror trailer and go somewhere during the last 2 weeks of May in 2009. We were thinking of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and a little Moab action....

Anybody that wants to camp for two weeks and join us on this road trip is welcome. Leaving NW of Atlanta on May 16 and returning on the 31st. BYO everything... ...as few "campgrounds" as possible...

Awesome photos! Everyone ought to take a look at your video on youtube. Looks like you had a great vacation.

Red Jeep Club #488
Unread 02-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #11
ClarkGriswold
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No response since November 2008. Looks like a "Road Hog" type trip isn't panning out. Any chance we've got some brave soles that just want to hit the open road and enjoy the sights around the southeast for about a week?

Red Jeep Club #488
Unread 02-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
Turner
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That would actually work a little better for me. I love road trips. Lauren has already ok'd a week long trip when we get a tj. Hopefully this week!
1970 Ford Bronco302, dana 30, 9", 3 on the tree, show stopper.
Turner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #13
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

if you some how end up in New Mexico or CO or Moab on your mini ultimate adventure, I will hit up some of those trails with you!
QuickSilverCon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilverCon View Post
if you some how end up in New Mexico or CO or Moab on your mini ultimate adventure, I will hit up some of those trails with you!
I'll join in on a central Florida leg of the trip.

on your mini ultimate adventure...I like that. When my CJ is done Im fillin out my application to go on the real one!

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
jkl is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #15
ctown67
2007 JK Wrangler 

if your caravan makes it to naples, florida i will make you all dinner. i also know some good campsites, mechanics and a couple of good loops to show you the everglades in it's glory.

good luck.
ctown67 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.