Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Road Trip!

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  ClarkGriswold 
#1 ·
After some thought I've decided that Jeeps had as much freedom and good fun as the bikers. With that in mind I'm beginning to work on coordinating a road trip for all Jeepers that are interested in a good company, FAMILY oriented Jeep trip starting in Chattanooga, TN and making the trip around the Southeast. The tenative dates and locations are open at this time; however, I would expect the trip to take approximately 1+ weeks and be in June 2009. Camping and hotel/motel accomodations would be a possibility and ALL Jeeps are welcome.

Feel free to contact me with any suggestions or to express interest in participating or helping to coordinate this event. Join me in the first (and hopefully annual) "Jeep Across America"! :2thumbsup:

Please contact me via jeepforum mail if you're interested in attending.

#2 ·
That sounds amazing. kind of like a mini ultimate adventure. I'm in!

#5 ·
We did this last year:

We're going to take our Conqueror trailer and go somewhere during the last 2 weeks of May in 2009. We were thinking of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and a little Moab action....

Anybody that wants to camp for two weeks and join us on this road trip is welcome. Leaving NW of Atlanta on May 16 and returning on the 31st. BYO everything... ...as few "campgrounds" as possible...

#7 ·
I'll go if you guys come to DE and get me :p :2thumbsup:

I hate living in this state :( Hopefully you guys have a fun+safe trip!

#9 ·
No problem. Actually, I was planning on starting from Chattanooga and then proceeding in some manner throughout much of the Southeast and then return to Chattanooga. Obviously in a week or two we couldn't 'discover' all of the Southeast but with some help in planning I'm sure we could hit some great sights and backroads of many of the southern states.

I'm open to suggestions and glad to have any help offered. :wave:

#11 ·
No response since November 2008. Looks like a "Road Hog" type trip isn't panning out. Any chance we've got some brave soles that just want to hit the open road and enjoy the sights around the southeast for about a week?

#12 ·
That would actually work a little better for me. I love road trips. Lauren has already ok'd a week long trip when we get a tj. Hopefully this week!

#15 ·
if your caravan makes it to naples, florida i will make you all dinner. i also know some good campsites, mechanics and a couple of good loops to show you the everglades in it's glory.

good luck.

#16 ·
Hey hey that would be a nice little stop in FL.

Send wjb4000 a PM he just moved there to Naples and I am sure he would be itchin for some buds to wheel with.

Lauren is itching to head out west. Moab, and seeing the Arches are on our near future plans. Colorado is also very tempting. I may get to meet all kinds of cool folks on this adventure:cheers2:

#17 ·
i love the idea of this thread. not sure i could swing it with work but who knows... if its the right time of year...

i would love to head out west again with a jeep. i used to live out in CA (but no jeep until few months ago) and have done several cross country trips. even spent 4 days broken down in moab ut of all places (remember no jeep then, just my very tired 93 s10 blazer with 200K miles on it) i had wanted a jeep before that, but moab really helped me along, if i hadn't been poor i would have rented one :D. i at least did get to do some hiking in arches (and ponder how i was going to get my lifes possesions home - all of which were in my truck - if my s10 was totally dead - LOL)

anyway, not to ramble on, but CO, UT, AZ all sound great. I'd throw in the east sierra - possibly my favorite place in the country. lots of 4wd roads and amazing backpacking / hiking / camping ...

i think the hardest part would be putting all those miles on my jeep - i want to keep it forever - LOL

#18 ·
Sounds like there's a lot of interest in a southwest trip but not as much in the southeast route. I guess I choose the southeast leg for selfish reasons...I'm in Chattanooga! LOL Only problem I have with going west is the time it would take to get there. Any thoughts? There's a lot of good history, beaches, sites, etc in the south.

#19 ·
How's the Co-Jo going? Guess you heard I bought a couple of quads and made a couple off road adventures. Still interested in seeing if we can get a road trip for the 'hogs' together?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.