ORV areas in NC west TN, GA, - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > ORV areas in NC west TN, GA,

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 08-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #1
gooseofdeuce
2004 TJ Wrangler 

ORV areas in NC west TN, GA,

looking for ORV areas in North Carolina, Georgia, and Western Tennessee. I live in upstate SC and am familiar or know most or all legal (and some illegal ) in the area. Any help would be appreciated.

Also a few years back I went on a small hike with a church group in NC to a mountain that was covered in black berry bushes. there was a decent little road going to it that was open to public. It looked a cool road and i've always wanted to ride. I'm thinking it was near white side mountain or something along those lines.

gooseofdeuce is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I know of Beasley Knob in Blairsville, Georgia. In the Northeastern part of the state.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
gooseofdeuce
2004 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i found beasley knob on a website last night. Calls for experience or expert riders. is that rating more for fourwheelers and dirtbikers? i'm fairly experienced offroad i just know if a stocker with 31'' tires would have any trouble up there. How's the riding?
gooseofdeuce is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
tjsahara00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseofdeuce View Post
yeah i found beasley knob on a website last night. Calls for experience or expert riders. is that rating more for fourwheelers and dirtbikers? i'm fairly experienced offroad i just know if a stocker with 31'' tires would have any trouble up there. How's the riding?
It's alot oh hills with some ruts. Some of the trails has some rocks. I've seen some stock Jeeps up there. I don't think it's to bad. There is one trail that people say you need a winch to get up.....I've never tried it.....
There is some by-passes if needed. Four wheelers and motorcylces are harder up there. I think it is a medium off-road place.
IT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT IF IT RAINS....MUCH RAIN AND THEY CLOSE IT DOWN.
tjsahara00 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
tjsahara00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Gulches Off-Road Park in SC (southeast of Greeneville) Is a good place..they will guide you through first to show you around (red cherokee) then let you go at it......easy to hard trails, something for everyone...
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
tjsahara00 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
dmoore714
1992 XJ Cherokee 

x2 on Gulches. Havent made it down there yet, but Ive heard good things about it on NC4X4. There's also a place called Rice Creek ORV, over near Clemson. Dont know much about it but you should be able to ask around about it. Stop by the Clemson 4X4 Center. I'm sure someone there can point you in the right direction as far as local wheeling. Depending on what you're looking for and who you talk to, they might let you ride along with them

ps... Stay away from the illegal wheelin. Its bad for the environment, and makes a bad rep for those of us who abide by the law. Tread Lightly
dmoore714 is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.