Northwest Girl ... to Southern Georgia - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Northwest Girl ... to Southern Georgia

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 09-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
rubiconjack
2008 JK Wrangler 

Northwest Girl ... to Southern Georgia

Hello all. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself, well, before I get there make some friends or wheeling buds.

I just joined the jeep family last September. I have a 4 door JK. Its a hybrid of X and Rubicon. X body and Rubicon Guts ...

I have many many more things I want to do. So far I have a 4.5" Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit, 35x12.50s sitting on 17x8 soft 8 cragars. I actually made my own front bumper from the stock one, just did lots of cutting and grinding, husband showed me how, I took it from there. Feels good to make your jeep your own ya know .....

all in all .. it doesn't look like a 50,000 dollar rigg. Its got battle wounds and scars. Many of them and more to come. Did my first body damage on the last run I went on here in Washington. LOL! I was able to drive it home though ... .that was pricesless.....

I guess .. I just want to meet some fun people down there that like to wheel and go camping and have a good time!

Hmm .. im a mom of two little boys too, that will be joining me from time to time and need to get out once I get down there ...

I will be arriving in Georgia the 24th. I will be going to PA for wheeling and camping the 9th to the 13th of October ..... so anything after that I am up for!

ENOUGH ABOUT ME, someone anyone out there ... hello!

Unread 09-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
boondocksaint
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome to the South and to JF....

got any pics of your rig?

White 95 XJ - Jacked up and abused
White 98 XJ - Stock and babied
Unread 09-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
YellowJeep13
2008 JK Wrangler 

What part of Georgia you moving too? I'm in Columbus and looking to do a little trailing or offroading and want to meet some other jeepers.... Anyone around the columbus, ga area and want to get a little muddy???
Unread 09-21-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Welcome RubiconJack. If I am right on Kings Bay, GA you are near Savannah correct? I don't know if there is much legal wheeling down that way. The nearest off road park to there might be River Rock in Milledgeville, GA or Gulches in SC.

YellowJeep, I use to frequent Columbus a lot. Sucks there is nowhere legal to wheel down there! I know some folks go illegally to flat rock state park (MTB and walking trails) and some go to the "pit" across the AL state line but it is not legal. I think Morris Mountain is going to be your best on a park near by.

Either way, if either of you GA folks want to check out our club, www.gatrailriders.com feel free to! Most members are around ATL and we ride once a month at different parks in GA, AL, SC and TN and the occasional trip to Tellico in NC.
Unread 09-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
ryanc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey yellowjeep, Im from Columbus. Yup, not much around here. I have been scoping out Harris County to find legal riding areas. There are some Hunting areas like Blanton Creek and Big Lazer that a buddy of mine took an FJ out to scope out and said there are some pretty mild trails but it is better than asphalt. I am going to scope it out with my GPS and topo maps and talk with some the the forest rangers. I am a big proponent of legal riding. There are a lot of morons with like 12 inches of lift on F250 that go and spray clay all over the place on private lands. Yellowjeep, are you military, there has got to be something around Benning. Another good forum to join is JK-forum.com, I spend most of my forum time there.
Unread 09-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

or check out JKowners.com since JK-forum believes in product sensorship. Don't believe me? Type in Poly Performance and see what happens. Also ask them how they read your private messages? You only get half the story there because they only allow pictures, links, prices and discussion of companies who are a paying sponsor. Cant learn much about getting the right parts for your Jeep when you can only talk about half of the parts out there.
Unread 09-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
YellowJeep13
2008 JK Wrangler 

Trailing

I have done a little research into trailing around Columbus and came up empty handed. Looks like around a 2 hour drive to the nearest place to go. I don't have a lift or big tires, but want to use my Jeep for its inteded purpose and meet some fellow Jeepers.

RYANC I am military and I am also on JKforum. I have the same tagname/screen name or whatever you call in on there. I'll be out of town this weekend, but maybe we can get something together for early October.

Also a few of my friends have told me they heard stories of guys going on base and getting in pretty deep trouble for riding on the trails/ranges/tank paths without consent aka illegally. Letter of repremand and article 15 for tresspassing. Def. a proponent of legal trailing, not looking to get in trouble for having a little fun with the Jeep.
Unread 09-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
jawalterusmc
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not real sure where Kings Bay is but there are several clubs...organized and not so organized in Georgia. River Rock (as mentioned earlier) may probably be the closest legal off road park for you (stay away from ALL Georgia Power, Power line trails...they confiscate vehicles). Several groups are attending River Rock the second weekend of Oct. The park has only recently opened up their park to 4x4's having only hosted dirt bikes and ATV's in the past. They also offer hunting and fishing. They have primitive camping and cabins, and Milledgeville offers some hotels/motels. There is supposed to be a concert saturday night. Check out their website. Welcome to Georgia.
Unread 09-30-2008, 05:58 PM   #9
rubiconjack
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well I don't know much places. I am making a drive to N. AL thur to sell my hard top. Hopefully find a soft top by the end of the week.. haha ... stupid on my half there.

Im down for basically anywhere. I would like to make it a worthwhile trip if its farther than 2 hours away to just camp overnight ... any plaaces like that??? I am taking a trip with some guys off JK Forum to Tellico the second weekend in November ... JK Fest in Rausch Creek in PA in 9 days ...

sn on JK forum is also the same as here. Just learned about JK Owners a few days ago. Yet to sign up ... Glad to see they're getting more popular.
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
rubiconjack
2008 JK Wrangler 

Last time out at Evans Creek at Mt. Rainier
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:25 PM   #11
flowrida2480
1995 YJ Wrangler 

there ya go!
All stock except 31" tires but not for long.....

[COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club #490[/COLOR]
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:45 PM   #12
UTChavok
1998 ZJ 

Good looking JK and welcome to the area. I wasnt sure where Kings bay was and was going to suggest gulches ORV park up here in SC until I saw your almost in Florida and its 350 miles to it.
Unread 10-01-2008, 03:10 AM   #13
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Welcome aboard.
Pack up the family and come to the hills...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 10-02-2008, 06:54 AM   #14
rubiconjack
2008 JK Wrangler 

hillz and hollaz??? Is that waht your talkin bout????
Unread 10-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #15
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Just the hills around here; I keep trying to get the locals out for informal camping and wheeling. BigJerm and wTheOnew have come out to play.
I try to go somewhere every weekend.... ....but that's way up here. In the hills.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.