North Georgia Forest Roads & Some Mud - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Georgia Forest Roads & Some Mud

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

North Georgia Forest Roads & Some Mud

Date: Sunday February 21st
Where: North Georgia Forest Service Roads
Meet Spot: Home Depot @ North Georgia Premium Outlets
Time: 9:30am

Address: 801 Hwy 400 South
Dawsonville, GA 30534

Get Directions
(706) 531-0046

Have a couple coming with JKs. I will be in my TJ. I think we have a YJ coming as well.

Unread 02-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #2
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Photos from last time...

Unread 02-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
MudDuck99
2014 JK Wrangler 

i think i'm going to try to make this
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudDuck99 View Post
i think i'm going to try to make this
Do Eet! Will be fun! I hope to see you at the Home Depot. Should have around 10 Jeeps total!
Unread 02-16-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
MudDuck99
2014 JK Wrangler 

suh weet. if good time charlie doesnt get the best of me i'll be there. probably bring a friend/jeep.
Unread 02-17-2010, 06:03 AM   #6
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Have fun up there. GA Trail Riders will be at River Rock, and it looks like a beautiful weekend.

We'll be doing a Mountain Forest Service Ride on March 6- Bring the KIDS!
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #7
flyingbrian
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
Have fun up there. GA Trail Riders will be at River Rock, and it looks like a beautiful weekend.

Slippery, post a thread for the 6th, I would like to make this one and bring the family.
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:06 AM   #8
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbrian View Post
Slippery, post a thread for the 6th, I would like to make this one and bring the family.
6 March Forest Service Run "Bring the kids"- Sign UP
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #9
JeeperFun

Sunday??
9:30AM??

Doesn't anyone go to church?!
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #10
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post

Already signed up

Will be there for that too!
Unread 02-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdywglr4x4 View Post
Already signed up

Will be there for that too!
Bring that big monster mudder with you and lets see if it will go through that mudhole this time! Our trip usually ends at that mudhole, thats where we all part ways at the end of the day. Oh, did you see that lil bitty mudhole right past that big one yall were playin in? IT AINT LITTLE! The pic that shows the f-250 leaning real bad to one side is it. And it has 36s and didnt make it. here are some pics of the mudhole you was in.
nut1.jpg   nut4.jpg   nut3.jpg   nut2.jpg  
Unread 02-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

That was the hole... I looks like it is MUCH deeper now. Like someone with a HUGE truck and boggers dug out the ruts. I'll go in 'backwards for sure. I was warned about the 'next' hole and told it will lean you over REALLY far... looks like the warning was correct
Unread 02-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
gotCLAY
1984 CJ7 

I told you so, That 2nd hole is almost the same amount of trouble as the first. I was stuck in the big one this summer and my brother n law came down the hill to try to pull me out with no luck so decide to go turn around to try it in rev. made it about half way into the 2nd on and had to climb out his pass side door. we were the only ones there that day. So even though my jeep would not run we hooked the winch up to his truck and we just prayed that one of the two would get pulled out. he came back about 3 feet then my front end pulled up out of the big hole the battery started to weaken to much, but without my fan being stuck in the mud and the air filter we could now reach taken off my jeep started with a lot of stinky water to burn of in the intake she pulled her way out. gave him a quick yank and off we went.
Unread 02-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #14
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I went around both holes and hit the small one in the reverse direction and the pass side front tire fell off in it. The drivers side rear tire was 3 ft off the ground and we werent goin anywhere. That was a long walk out that nite with no flashlight!
Unread 02-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #15
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotCLAY View Post
I told you so, That 2nd hole is almost the same amount of trouble as the first. I was stuck in the big one this summer and my brother n law came down the hill to try to pull me out with no luck so decide to go turn around to try it in rev. made it about half way into the 2nd on and had to climb out his pass side door. we were the only ones there that day. So even though my jeep would not run we hooked the winch up to his truck and we just prayed that one of the two would get pulled out. he came back about 3 feet then my front end pulled up out of the big hole the battery started to weaken to much, but without my fan being stuck in the mud and the air filter we could now reach taken off my jeep started with a lot of stinky water to burn of in the intake she pulled her way out. gave him a quick yank and off we went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabunjeeper View Post
I went around both holes and hit the small one in the reverse direction and the pass side front tire fell off in it. The drivers side rear tire was 3 ft off the ground and we werent goin anywhere. That was a long walk out that nite with no flashlight!
Both sound like a bad time...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.