North Ga Mountain ride Feb 13(was Cochran's Falls...) - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > North Ga Mountain ride Feb 13(was Cochran's Falls...)

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #91
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok GPS is working. 200-300ft over the damn turn right( first road on right after Dam). Will try to get there early.

Unread 02-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #92
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

at 10:30pm the snow still coming down... 6" or so just across the border in NC (not that it matters).
...I'll see you kids at noon
'07 JK 2dr Sahara - auto w/ 4.10's and rear locker. 2" OME HD coil lift, BDS shocks, and 1" body-lift. 34" Hankook RT09 MT's on 16" AEV Bridgers. ARB diff covers, Warn bumpers, Warn 9K winch, a couple Hella lights ...and a WORTHLESS AirRaid CAI.
Unread 02-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #93
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

made it home. at tmac with the wife. says the jeep looks horrible in driveway. appears i have a new transmission whine in 3rd, 4th and 5th. always something.

great time and good to meet new people and see familiar faces. photos and video thread to be coming soon.
Unread 02-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #94
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Pictures!

Pictures by jer494 - Photobucket

What a good time that was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
Unread 02-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #95
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I wonder what you did that would cause a transmission problem.

Quote:
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
Unread 02-13-2010, 07:38 PM   #96
flyingbrian
2010 JK Wrangler 

Great ride today!!! time
Unread 02-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #97
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdywglr4x4 View Post
made it home. at tmac with the wife. says the jeep looks horrible in driveway. appears i have a new transmission whine in 3rd, 4th and 5th. always something.

great time and good to meet new people and see familiar faces. photos and video thread to be coming soon.
Yeah, but it smells good after you wallowed in the sludge with it

Sounds like someone with replacing tranny fluid, tomorrow. btw... are you sure that you have an AX-15 tranny? Your profile says indicates that you have a 2000 TJ, which should be an NV3550.
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #98
trailreadyjp
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Here are some of our pics. I will try and post some that others have not. Including my stuck in the middle of the road pic.

Our group pic

A Flexing XJ

The new Ice breaking king

A couple road pics sorry we did not have any of Clay's attempt at controlled drifting.

A small river crossing
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:17 AM   #99
trailreadyjp
2001 XJ Cherokee 

A little exploring before meeting the group. I believe this sign was meant for those not in Jeeps.

One of the Rubi pulling out my stranded XJ. Next time I will try andkeep the tires on the road and the diffs off.

One more of the mud pit.
Unread 02-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #100
RockinWrangler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, great pictures.

Where did you guys ride exactly.

I will be up in the Hiawassee area beginning Feb 20th -26h on vacation. I am hoping for snow then also. I plan on running Tray Mtn on Sunday 21st. If anyone wants to join us it would be great. I am available to ride anytime after sunday. I know it is difficult for most who are not off work during the week.

Thanks again for sharing the photos.
Unread 02-14-2010, 07:06 AM   #101
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinWrangler View Post
Wow, great pictures.

I will be up in the Hiawassee area beginning Feb 20th -26h on vacation. I am hoping for snow then also. I plan on running Tray Mtn on Sunday 21st. If anyone wants to join us it would be great. I am available to ride anytime after sunday. I know it is difficult for most who are not off work during the week.

I would be up for a mid week run, but I don't know the area very well. Hopefully, we can talk Clay into being the trail boss.
Unread 02-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #102
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualtjs View Post
Yeah, but it smells good after you wallowed in the sludge with it

Sounds like someone with replacing tranny fluid, tomorrow. btw... are you sure that you have an AX-15 tranny? Your profile says indicates that you have a 2000 TJ, which should be an NV3550.

Yah I messed that up. It is an NV3550

Thanks! More pics of me!

Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/s...nigans-971735/
Unread 02-14-2010, 12:30 PM   #103
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdywglr4x4 View Post
Yah I messed that up. It is an NV3550

Thanks! More pics of me!

Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/s...nigans-971735/
I only asked because I was going to tell you that you can get Redline MTL or MT90, in Cumming, instead of waiting for a shipment from online (and cheaper than on line, before shipping costs).

btw.... watching you attempt that mudhole is still one of the more impressive wheeling displays that I've personally witnessed.
Unread 02-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #104
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualtjs View Post
I only asked because I was going to tell you that you can get Redline MTL or MT90, in Cumming, instead of waiting for a shipment from online (and cheaper than on line, before shipping costs).

btw.... watching you attempt that mudhole is still one of the more impressive wheeling displays that I've personally witnessed.
Where at? I need to swap the fluid me thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinWrangler View Post
Wow, great pictures.

Some guys are doing some 'other stuff' on Sunday the 21st. Some stock JKs will be there. Kind of muddy I know that...
Unread 02-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #105
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It's not the complete route but it takes you from where we left tray mountain to where we left Charles Creek..
Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Untitled

Quote:
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.