New Saint pete/ tampa wheeling location. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > New Saint pete/ tampa wheeling location.

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
stpeteTJ

New Saint pete/ tampa wheeling location.

I went to check this out today, its pretty nice, and obviously well used. I'm not certain about the legality, but I think the worst that could happen is someone would ask you to leave.

Behind Dew Cadillac on Gandy Blvd is a nice set of trails.
Here's an Ariel view: Your web browser and the Maps site are incompatible

the easiest spot to get in is about 20 yards from the intersection on Gateway Center Drive.

Unread 10-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
tripleplay103
2006 LJ Wrangler 

im pretty sure your not the only person who goes back there some people mentioned it at gunslingers (east bay/belcher) the other day. ive never personally been there how is it? i usually go to 301 and ocala
Unread 10-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
blackfire
1998 XJ Cherokee 

It's a great spot. Used to go paintballing back in there untill one day 'bout a year ago we got busted by the cops with guns drawn. Got tresspassed out of there. Was a cool/fun spot for wheeling. not much elevation change but loose sand to play in at least.
Unread 10-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, thanks for the headsup stpetetj, I'll check it out sometime when I get my Jeep running.
Unread 10-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
blackfire
1998 XJ Cherokee 

seriously, be careful running out there. the cops were steppin' it up last time i was there. I'm a firefighter so when we got snagged for paintballing i got to talking woth the cop. Nice guy. anyways he was telling me that the trailer park next to it was complaining about people driving up in there and people dropping off stolen cars in the woods. Thats why they were there to begin with. Just keep an eye out for um'. there's a couple of exits out that i remember so just make a note of them and you shoud be good.

Last edited by blackfire; 10-27-2009 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: i can't spell for crap
Unread 10-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
stpeteTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleplay103 View Post
im pretty sure your not the only person who goes back there some people mentioned it at gunslingers (east bay/belcher) the other day. ive never personally been there how is it? i usually go to 301 and ocala
I know I'm not, I haven't been on a weekend yet, but from what I hear it's pretty busy on saturdays.

It's alright for how close it is, there are some hills to climb over, lotta bends, and lotta loose sand. It gets really fun after a solid rain, though. If you like mud, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Cool, thanks for the headsup stpetetj, I'll check it out sometime when I get my Jeep running.
No problem boss. I'm headin out to Texas here before long, but I'll be back some time in April. So if you ever wanna go after that just PM me
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
seriously, be careful running out there. the cops were steppin' it up last time i was there. I'm a firefighter so when we got snagged for paintballing i got to talking woth the cop. Nice guy. anyways he was telling me that the trailer park next to it was complaining about people driving up in there and people dropping off stolen cars in the woods. Thats why they were there to begin with. Just keep an eye out for um'. there's a couple of exits out that i remember so just make a note of them and you shoud be good.

Haven't seen any cops out there yet, there where was once I had to shut the jeep off because I could see someone tryin to get a solid view of me from the trailer park, though. She went away and I started back up and stayed for about an hour, never saw any cops. I haven't seen a single stolen car out there, either . Anyone have any idea who's land it is? I haven't seen any indications at all.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.