New to JF.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > New to JF....

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
JeepLuvnRN
2009 JK Wrangler 

New to JF....

Just thought I'd post up since I'm new to this site, a new Jeep Rubicon owner, & new to central VA. I'm hoping to make some decent friends who are willing to not be a jerk to the newby & I'm hoping to learn more about my ride....Haven't gone off road yet & I'm aching to! Any advice/tips/info on where to go is appreciated. I've been checking out some these .com threads made reference to & I'm getting kinda excited - & I hope for good reason

Unread 09-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
highlander4x4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the site and VA. Around here you can go down to OBX and drive on the beach or you can go to the Blue Ridge mountains and ride some trails.

Shoe Creek, Big Levels, Potts Mountain and a few others.

You also have some private places that are by membership or only open up a couple times a year.

Some real nice stuff a bit further if you don't mind the drive. Join a local group and they will be able to show you the ropes.
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the jeep. Mine is currently sick but when he gets better your welcome to come on a ride to shoe Creek with us. That was my first trail run, and first trail damage But thats just how I drive. If your interested let me know.

There are some good clubs around here as well.
Unread 09-16-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
JeepLuvnRN
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hey thanks so much guys
Highlander, I appreciate the reply back & suggestions/info!! I will definitely be checking out some clubs in the area.

I would love to join others when you go out! I think I could I learn so much &
have a great time too....but seriously, this is my ONLY ride so there will be no
funny costly damaging business go on with my Jeep - but there will be some fun....
of so I hope lol

Scotch, when do you think your Jeep will be through recovery? Can't you just stuff some
advil & pepto in it's schnoz & call it a day?? lol....
Unread 09-17-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
Scotch740
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepLuvnRN View Post
Hey thanks so much guys
Highlander, I appreciate the reply back & suggestions/info!! I will definitely be checking out some clubs in the area.

I would love to join others when you go out! I think I could I learn so much &
have a great time too....but seriously, this is my ONLY ride so there will be no
funny costly damaging business go on with my Jeep - but there will be some fun....
of so I hope lol

Scotch, when do you think your Jeep will be through recovery? Can't you just stuff some
advil & pepto in it's schnoz & call it a day?? lol....
The great thing about shoe creek is a stock jeep can do the whole trail with no damage. I even made it up some of the obstacles totally stock and only suffered a little soft top damage when I backed into a tree. That said I still have fun up there on 35"s but probably had the most fun when fully armored with 31"s and a locked front.

Im fixing my front gears right now but hopefully in 2 weeks or so. Maybe I should try the advil and pepto, sounds a lot cheaper than what I have been stuffing in it.

I have been wheeling my only vehicle for 2 years now. Going from totally stock to 35s with a good bit of armor, lockers and gears in the process. This past Tuesday is the first time it has really been out of commission. Even still if I really needed it I could put it back together and go back to 2wd but I have the opportunity to borrow a car so that will save me 2 hours of work and 2qts of oil. Thats not to say I haven't broken things, just saying a jeep is as reliable as you want it to be.
Unread 09-17-2009, 06:14 AM   #6
tacweapon
1996 ZJ 

Welcome to VA. I am in Harrisonburg just over the mountain from you. I am kinda like you I am also fairly new to jeeping but I have been in VA all my life. Another couple of places you can go is to Flagpole and Meadow Knob in George Washington National Forest just west of Harrisonburg. It is stock friendly so unless you do something wrong you should be good to go.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.