Need Jeepers in GA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Need Jeepers in GA

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Unread 07-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #1
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Need Jeepers in GA

I've recently moved into Augusta, GA and I'm looking for some people to do a little wheeling with. Anyone in the area?

0IIIIIII0 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Vindex_Injuriae
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in Columbus, not really close by, but I know there are some clubs around ATL and Savannah area....

Look at: http://www.gbr4wd.com/
Vindex_Injuriae is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm going to Beasley Knob the weekend of Aug 1st if you'd like to come. I'm in Griffin, about 40 miles South of Atlanta. Beasley Knob is in Blairsville in North Georgia.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
juicyjuice4x4

im in acworth and i wheel up in canton, ga and over in gadseden alabama
juicyjuice4x4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyjuice4x4 View Post
im in acworth and i wheel up in canton, ga and over in gadseden alabama
Where do wheel in Canton?

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hiildweller I think everyone wheels where I go off Hwy 20. Old Macedonia campground area. Better be ready for major deep red mud and major hills.
HARLEYX2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEYX2 View Post
Hiildweller I think everyone wheels where I go off Hwy 20. Old Macedonia campground area. Better be ready for major deep red mud and major hills.
I have no idea where that is...
I went to a spot on Allatoona Lake once off 20 but spoke with a friendly DNR official that told me that you can get arrested there if they decide you've been mudding. Not legal to tear up roads.
I told him that we prefer to Tread Lightly and he emailed me a ton of maps, especially around Cohutta.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Well t deal is your just not supposed to ride on Core of engineers property. There is alot of deep nasty red mud holes up there that will swallow a jeep. I know from experience and had to rebuild my last Wranglers engine. There are some very challangeing hill climbs though.
HARLEYX2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I just got back from a weekend of camping out at Clarks Hill Lake/Strom Thurmond lake. I followed some kind of maintenance road along a powerline in the area for about 5 miles or so before the terrain made me nervous (travelling alone). I couldn't find any markings as to whom it belonged to but there were many good hill climbs/decents and even a tiny brook to ford. I would assume that it would be USACE land but I dunno. Anyone been out there?
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
broncofire75
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Need to check out www.southeastoffroad.com

Theres several guys from your area and we wheel all the time.

Heck just about every weekend a few guys are going one place or another from around in our area.

Friendly people and plenty of wheelin. Check it out.
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
broncofire75 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #11
dirt_pirate
1998 TJ Wrangler 

anyone in the South Ga area?
dirt_pirate is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #12
gaTJgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
I have no idea where that is...
I went to a spot on Allatoona Lake once off 20 but spoke with a friendly DNR official that told me that you can get arrested there if they decide you've been mudding. Not legal to tear up roads.
I told him that we prefer to Tread Lightly and he emailed me a ton of maps, especially around Cohutta.
I remember wheeling at a spot like you describe several years ago, before DNR started cracking down. Those mud holes were scary deep and full of all kinds of debry (including a car). How I ever got a 2wd truck in and out of that place I dunno--feel sorry for whomever ended up with that truck though!

Back to topic: OP welcome to ga! I'm just south of Atlanta, near Atlanta Motor Speedway.
What do people think about getting a group together and going to Riverrock?
gaTJgal is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #13
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

GA Trail Rides

Hey, come join us on line and on the trail.

www.gatrailriders.com

Riding July 18 at River Rock, only 1.5 hours away from you.

Last edited by Slippery; 07-10-2009 at 06:55 AM..
Slippery is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 08:08 AM   #14
Diehard

2004 WJ 

Beat me to it.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
Red_Dawg
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, we have a new Jeep Club in Augusta, Ga......Jeep Masters of Augusta. Our website is just getting off the ground and is www.jeepmastersofaugusta.com. You can also check us out on Facebook....just search Jeep Masters of Augusta. Up to 45 members and rolling!
Red_Dawg is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.