NE Atlanta/ Gwinnett County POST UP HERE! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > NE Atlanta/ Gwinnett County POST UP HERE!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #76
Jonesie
1981 CJ5 

Hey Gang,
Snellville/Grayson area here. I just got my first Jeep a couple weeks ago: 1981 CJ5. It's strictly a toy, and it's pretty stock still. Lots of upgrades planned.

Just wanted to get my post in here to say hi. I think I'm still a ways from hitting anything too serious, trail-wise, but working on the heep is half the fun, right?

David "Jonesie" Jones

Jonesie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #77
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesie View Post
Just wanted to get my post in here to say hi. I think I'm still a ways from hitting anything too serious, trail-wise, but working on the heep is half the fun, right?

David "Jonesie" Jones
Hey Jonesie, we have a lot of stock guys that ride with us, so join us when you can. Check our local forum out at gatrailriders.com for ride info.
Unread 05-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #78
Jonesie
1981 CJ5 

I picked up my 360 to swap into my 5 this weekend. I plan to spend the summer rebuilding the engine on the stand, and then swap it once it gets too cold to drive (no top/doors).

Also, I live in Summit Chase in Snellville, and when I ride my bike around the neighborhood, I see a few Jeeps: CJs, and they look to be in progress. Any of those guys/gals on the forum?

Dave
Jonesie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:26 AM   #79
Tick
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hello,
Live in Cumming and looking for a few places and people to wheel with. I'm new to Jeepin so I'm looking to learn.

Tick is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:40 AM   #80
hal2814
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hi there. I'm a bit further out than most of you. I'm up in Commerce, GA. (That's on 85 about 30 miles from the SC border for those who don't know.) I'm still stock and need to do some axle work before I go wheeling but am interested in finding spots in the area. When I was a teenager, I lived in Cumming. We weren't the most considerate people and just went off-road wherever we felt like it. Popular spots back then were the construction site for North Point Mall and the lot behind Main Source Germany in Cumming. Being older and wiser, I'd like to go wheeling again but don't want to break any laws or more to the point be unethical about it.

Also, can anyone recommend a good 4x4 shop along I-85 or near Athens? I have a pinion bearing going bad near as I can tell and would like someone competent working on it.
hal2814 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2009, 08:19 AM   #81
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
Hi there. I'm a bit further out than most of you. I'm up in Commerce, GA. (That's on 85 about 30 miles from the SC border for those who don't know.) I'm still stock and need to do some axle work before I go wheeling but am interested in finding spots in the area. When I was a teenager, I lived in Cumming. We weren't the most considerate people and just went off-road wherever we felt like it. Popular spots back then were the construction site for North Point Mall and the lot behind Main Source Germany in Cumming. Being older and wiser, I'd like to go wheeling again but don't want to break any laws or more to the point be unethical about it.

Also, can anyone recommend a good 4x4 shop along I-85 or near Athens? I have a pinion bearing going bad near as I can tell and would like someone competent working on it.
Allsouth Autosports
Danny or Jeremy
770-881-8173
Near Mall of GA

Join us on gatrailriders.com too. We ride together often.
Unread 05-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #82
xxtnxx

Hey all, kinda new to the whole jeep scene, located in Johns Creek. Looking to make my jeep capable offroad while on a high school kid's budget. Just bought a 2" BB but just like I have heard the instructions are bull****, was wondering if any of y'all could help me out and help me install this boy.
Unread 05-23-2009, 07:21 AM   #83
coreydiver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey xxtnxx, ck your inbox

05 Black Rubicon- RC X-series 4 inch lift, 305/70/16 MTR's
coreydiver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #84
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Its about time I found this thread. I finally have my jeep running after a 6 month gear install (well that took 3 months). Anyway, I got my jeep running and I am still trying to break in the gears but I'm up for most anything. I am still working out my insurance issue (insured my dad not me because we have the same name) and I found out about my problem when I tried to insure my jeep.

But I've been wheeling all around, Tellico many times, River Rock twice, Beasley Knob several times. I'm originally from Athens and I moved to Griffin (45 min South of Atl) back in January, but I'm in Athens all the time and so is my jeep. Let me know if anyone is close.

Some pics

Beasley Knob trip 2

River Rock trip 1

Some other Beasley Knob

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2009, 11:45 PM   #85
GEMSjeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

In Decatur, soon to be Inman Park/East Atlanta so I'll be looking for an excuse to head out of the city camping a wheeling. Signed in on GATR under the same name tonight too, look foward to heading out soon...
GEMSjeeper is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #86
studmichael

in snellville
studmichael is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #87
XJKipp
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by studmichael View Post
in snellville
nice

edit: I hope everyone can see the image...

Georgia Institute of Technology
Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech

Last edited by XJKipp; 05-28-2009 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: realization of the massive image
XJKipp is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #88
studmichael

yeah i did the rims my self on my stock rims : ) lol
studmichael is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #89
MattGATRTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMSjeeper View Post
In Decatur, soon to be Inman Park/East Atlanta so I'll be looking for an excuse to head out of the city camping a wheeling. Signed in on GATR under the same name tonight too, look foward to heading out soon...
We have a trip this weekend if your interested.
MattGATRTJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #90
xxtnxx

Time to bring this thread back.

Sadly I just had my cv axles, rear end and front end completely replaced on my zj and haven't been able to drive it for about a month. Good news is I get it back on Monday.

Anyone doing any wheeling this weekend?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.