NE Atlanta/ Gwinnett County POST UP HERE! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > NE Atlanta/ Gwinnett County POST UP HERE!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 11-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #16
XJKipp
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wTheOnew View Post
Do you attend Georgia Tech? I'm between Tech and Alpharetta fairly often.
Yeah, I do. Actually I just got shafted by a test and lab back to back...not cool.

You?

Georgia Institute of Technology
Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech
XJKipp is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #17
ffej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
Hey, WELCOME! here's the list, and an awesome map. I'm headed to Tellico tomorrow. Join us.

River Rock
Tellico
Morris Mountain
Mountainside
Gulches
Amicalola Trails

Here is a map of many places to ride:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...48047&z=6&om=1

Doug at GATR (Ga Trail Riders)
Wish that I could, but fortunately, I'm pretty busy at the office at the moment.

I'm not sure how my Jeep would do at Tellico, or any of the other SE wheeling spots for that matter. I have F&R ARB's on 35's, Full Traction 6" and MR/R's on beadlocks. Although I have front and rear alloy axles and a strong HP30 instead of the low pinion stocker, I'm definitely not built for tire spin (snap!). Aren't most people at Tellico on full-width 60's and boggers or is that just a misconception?

[edit] It looks like Tellico is only about 100 miles north of here. I can't get your map link to open (it wants to find an application), but is Tellico the closest and/or best spot to North Fulton?
ffej is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #18
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej View Post
Aren't most people at Tellico on full-width 60's and boggers or is that just a misconception?
Total misconception. My TJ is built almost identical to yours, and I can do most at Tellico. I have a buddy on 33's that goes everywhere I do, and some. The toughest places have bypasses, and some of those are challenging. Winch when you have to, but i have only winched at Tellico when I broke a locker. I'm going up tomorrow night, so come with us Saturday. We'll show you around.
Doug
Unread 11-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #19
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Im going up there with my Stock JK Rubicon... wont hit the big things obviously but still plenty of stuff to run.
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #20
Diehard

2004 WJ 

I have an '04 GC, (see sig for what I have on it), and I have done Tellico. Yes I have had to do some bypasses, but still managed it. I've also been to River Rock, Beasley and Morris Mountain.
You just have to use common sense, know your Jeep's capabilities and your own, and have someone who has driven the area and can help/advise you on how to do it or if you should do it.
DO NOT be bullied into trying it if you don't want to, esp. if its your daily driver.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #21
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I have an '04 GC, (see sig for what I have on it), and I have done Tellico. Yes I have had to do some bypasses, but still managed it. I've also been to River Rock, Beasley and Morris Mountain.
You just have to use common sense, know your Jeep's capabilities and your own, and have someone who has driven the area and can help/advise you on how to do it or if you should do it.
DO NOT be bullied into trying it if you don't want to, esp. if its your daily driver.
I'm with ya! We don't allow it. Don't ever let someone talk you into an uncomfortable spot. We're all there to help each other, and work with the driver and vehicle capabilities that each of us have. It's OK to try something if you want to, and call for the cable when you're ready. And when you do try, listen to your spotter!
Unread 11-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #22
wTheOnew
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJKipp View Post
Yeah, I do. Actually I just got shafted by a test and lab back to back...not cool.

You?
Only got shafted by one test, no lab. Oh, you meant Tech, yeah I do also.

I'm the only rescue green JK driving around campus.
. .
wTheOnew is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #23
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Anybody else?
Unread 11-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #24
jneal
Nice....Keep Wheelin!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

slippery, that TJ looks familier, did you get it used locally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew View Post
You have nothing... You are a like a culture of ketchup mold... You are completely useless to everyone in the world!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
Hey Rob, can you do me a favor and stop quoting the retard? I have him on my ignore for a reason.:thumbdown:
jneal is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #25
Dodge,Jeep Tech

I work in Down town ATL =)
Dodge,Jeep Tech is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 10:57 PM   #26
UGATJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'm out in Athens, but I'm in Gwinnett all the time. Spent most of the summer on an internship working for Gwinnett County DOT.

I'd love to get together with a few (semi) local folks for some rides. I'm a grad student, and no one I know here wheels (or even works on their own vehicle). I've got a brand new 3.5" kit and BFG Mud Terrains that need a little testing....
UGATJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #27
MattGATRTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneal View Post
slippery, that TJ looks familier, did you get it used locally?
He bought it from Chris.

Jneal, you should come check us out again, we have made some serious changes, send me a pm and I will let you know whats different.

I am in Flowery Branch, GA

I have rode...
Beasley
Tellico
River Rock
Morris Mtn
Mt Aetna

Here is my jeep
MattGATRTJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #28
Dodge,Jeep Tech

I live in Gwinnett
Dodge,Jeep Tech is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #29
xxtnxx

I'm in north Fulton. Specifically johns creek
Unread 12-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #30
flagators
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I am in Kennesaw. I just put a 2.5" lift and haven't tested it yet.
flagators is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.