N GA this weekend? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > N GA this weekend?

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

N GA this weekend?

Got the new meats and wheels; gotta test it out.
Anybody want to go play? Saturday or Sunday April 4 or 5. Trey Mountain (above Helen, where Tennmogger and I ran into snow last time), Cooper Creek, Amicalola, ---- I don't care where... ...day run, snacks on the trail, dinner somewhere?

Who's up for it?

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 04-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

mmmmmmaaaaannnnn MAYBE. I got a lot of school work to do but if I can get a lot done before Friday night I will let you know.
Unread 04-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
Lady_Luck
2003 WJ 

oh oh oh!!!! i will talk to scott tonight and i'll get back to you! i would LOVE to - although there are plenty of reasons why neither of us should take our jeeps right now - but we'll talk about it and i'll let you know! btw - how have you been bill? it's been a while! hope all is well!
Unread 04-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Techrider85
2001 WJ 

I like the new tires! Didn't know if I would or not but now I seem them mounted and I like them. The sidewalls are nice. Ill be up camping in Amicalola from Fri-Sun. Ill be up where the old fire tower used to be. Stop by and say hey if you are up that way.(It all depends on the weather too)
5" Long Arm IRO 255/75/17 BFG M/T and other stuff
82 CJ7 360 V8 35's and fun
http://i45.tinypic.com/2n0q1p2.jpg
Unread 04-02-2009, 06:51 AM   #5
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hey man, congrats on the tires. The new Kevlar Goodyears?

Wish we could make it for some R&R in the hills. Headed to Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari, leaving tonight. I'm going to join you for one of these this year!
Unread 04-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
Hey man, congrats on the tires. The new Kevlar Goodyears?

Wish we could make it for some R&R in the hills. Headed to Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari, leaving tonight. I'm going to join you for one of these this year!
Yes; Kevlar good....
I'm loving these tires so far. Stick to the road better than any previous tires on any of my 14 trucks and one Jeep ---- handle mud better than anything short of a tractor I've driven.
Have fun in Moab; I'm sure you'll see this tire in action there and then you can report back to us.

C'mon, Jeremy; grab the little lady and the dog and come on out.

And Sarah; what's up with your vehicles? I wanna play with your pups... ...Jessi would love it.

Looks like Saturday is going to be the good day. Pack a sammich; bring a frisbee and a camera...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 04-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
Lady_Luck
2003 WJ 

well - i popped a tire a few weeks ago on a trail and ended up spending over 400 to get all new tires - and realized that i cannot afford to have any breaks or unnecc. problems with my jeep right now - shes still stock - and scotts linkage is ****ed up - his 4wd doesn't work and second gear slips fairly often - he hasn't had time to really get under there and work on it - so it doesn't look too good - but if we end up not going we can defnitely meet at the dog park later this weekend and give the pups some runaround time - you have my number so call me if you want to have some puppy play time! - later bill!
Unread 04-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Luck View Post
but if we end up not going we can defnitely meet at the dog park later this weekend and give the pups some runaround time - you have my number so call me if you want to have some puppy play time! - later bill!
Have you ever gone to Wolfbrook? That's where we trained Jessi:
http://www.wolfbrook.com/

We canceled our membership there after getting the Jeep --- found ourselves out in the mountains instead of at the park...

Unread 04-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

OMG look at the german Shepherd there! i just started a thread on those dogs Bill! I may be into headin up to amicalola with you this weekend. I just have to throw in my new AA T-case linkage bracket which I may try and do today.
Blue Jeep Club Memeber #132?
My Custom Back Seat Box Build
Unread 04-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #10
Lady_Luck
2003 WJ 

no - i've never been there before - i usually just go up to the dog park at Wills Park - you been there?
Unread 04-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #11
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Luck View Post
no - i've never been there before - i usually just go up to the dog park at Wills Park - you been there?
I've only been to one public dog park and people weren't supervising their dogs; there were a couple of dog fights and people didn't respond...
Wolfbrook doesn't allow off-leash until you can demonstrate voice command; and they'll work with you on training as much as you want.
Mike and Annette have years of experience training law enforcement work dogs and champion German Shepherds and Bocerons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHarr_TJ View Post
OMG look at the german Shepherd there! i just started a thread on those dogs Bill! I may be into headin up to amicalola with you this weekend. I just have to throw in my new AA T-case linkage bracket which I may try and do today.
That's Griff, one of the best trained dogs I've ever seen work. Totally fun dog to play with; can disarm a perp with one voice command. Good dog.

Holler at me tomorrow and let me know how things are going; Sarah has my number.
Good luck with the repairs.

Unread 04-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #12
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

I have a wedding to go to on saturday, but if you are going sunday, I'll gladly join.

Me or sarah will give you a shout today or tomorrow.
Blue Jeep Club Memeber #132?
My Custom Back Seat Box Build
Unread 04-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #13
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Mike and Annette's daughter with Sampson, a member's dog:

Unread 04-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #14
DothanJeep
1997 ZJ 

I would LOVE to go, Too bad I live 5 / 1/2 hours away...maybe another time!
01'WJ Project Cheap fix.
Unread 04-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #15
Lady_Luck
2003 WJ 

dothanjeep- how far are you form the ga border? or where in relation to atlanta are you? you might not be that much farther from these places then we are. just wondering - trying to see if we could arrange a get together for this weekend if you wanted to come up for some fun!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.