Making a 2WD AX15 into a 4WD AX15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Making a 2WD AX15 into a 4WD AX15

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Making a 2WD AX15 into a 4WD AX15

I have a '92 YJ with the AX15. The poor Jeep has over 212K miles on it, and the synchros are shot. Until I can get the cash to get it rebuilt, I had a friend get an AX15 from a '94 2WD Cherokee, thinking all I had to do is take off the Extension Housing, and mate my NP 231 to the Adapter Housing. Well, after getting it shipped down here, it came from VA, this AX15 has the Adapter and Extension Housings as one piece, instead of what's in my Jeep shop manual for the 2WD tranny. Was that the only change that Aisian made to the AX15, or are there other hidden surprises that I don't know about. I need to use at least the gear box itself, if I can. I was thinking taking off my Adapter housing and 231 and putting that in place of the Adapter/Extension housing that's currently on the "new" tranny. Will this work, or, will I have to look for another tranny. Thanks

Jerry

Unread 05-14-2008, 01:42 AM   #2
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i think this is the wrong place.
Unread 05-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #3
JeepsOLot
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My bad, I posted it in the correct forum last night . This was the first time I've been here, and thought this was the only part of the forum, I was WRONG!!! Love this forum!!!

Jerry

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.