Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

LOST JEEPERS Poker Run Dec. 6 in VA

2K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  RichardD 
#1 ·
We will be having a Poker Run Dec. 6th at 10am at Shoecreek to raise money for UFWDA. The Poker hands will be $10 with 50% going to UFWDA and the remaining money to be split between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place hands. All that are interested can let Sharon (T5L@yahoo.com) know ASAP. Everyone's help is needed and appreciated. I will be keeping a list of all that would like to participate. If you are not able to attend you may still donate. Please pass this info to everyone you can. All are welcome.

#2 ·
BTT... hoping to make it, dont know yet. Been wanting to get out since i missed the annual....

#3 ·
'nother btt... still working on figuring out fuel problem but hoping to be there.....Ben or Richard can correct me if i'm wrong but this is an open event. You dont have to be a member of Lost Jeepers. And of course for a great cause!

#6 ·
More details:

Open to all 4WD vehicles.
Starting at the bottom of the Shoe creek trail. First card drawn there.
Other cards drawn at spots along the trail as you drive up the trail.
The first vehicle starts at 9 am. Last vehicle allowed at 11 am. Trail takes at least 2 hours (expect longer with card stops).
Last card drawn at the parking lot at the top (where the bathrooms are).
You do not have to be present to win the best poker hand. You can leave your poker sheet with your contact info on it with the staff.

#7 ·
Assuming I can get my Jeep running more relibly I will be there.

Can someone give me a review of the trail I have never been there and a couple of my buddies are wondering if there rig will make it.

One has a stock 03 TJ on 31in BFG ATs and a winch the other has a stock 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Would they be able to make it with out much damage ?

#11 · (Edited)
Hey Paul.

I could lead you to the trail head, but I have no idea what the route numbers are, lol. If you don't know how to get to the trailhead at Shoecreek, you can meet the group at the BP Station on the corner of Rt. 29S and Rt. 151 at 7:30 AM (rolling out at 8AM) to follow us in, you will be the first group heading up the trail at 9.

Maybe Ben will chime in with route numbers or street names.

Looking forward to meeting you Paul, and Mike, I hope that you will be joining us also.

Be well,
Richard

#12 ·
Alas.....my baby is still in the shop trying to figure out modern engine problems....i wish i could make it. Everyone have a great time and be safe!

#13 ·
Hey Mike, seems like a bad week for Jeeps, Tac's XJ is kaput too.

Calling for 2 - 6 inches of snow. Called the Montibello Store, 4 inches on the ground now, snowin' like a big dog, supposed to snow all nite.

Be well,
Richard

#14 · (Edited)
Re: VA: URGENT! Lost Jeepers Poker Run Sunday Dec 6 Shoecreek to benefit UFWDA

URGENT! EVENT RESCHEDULED

Ok folks, just got the word that the event is going to be rescheduled for Saturday, December 19th, same time, same place.

2 of our members went to check out the Shoe Creek trail and just called on the way back from Amherst, the trail is impassable. 6 inches of snow, and still snowing.

Hey Mike and Tac, maybe that will work out better for you both anyhow.

Be well,
Richard

#17 ·
URGENT! EVENT RESCHEDULED

Ok folks, just got the word that the event is going to be rescheduled for Saturday, December 19th, same time, same place.

2 of our members went to check out the Shoe Creek trail and just called on the way back from Amherst, the trail is impassable. 6 inches of snow, and still snowing.

Hey Mike and Tac, maybe that will work out better for you both anyhow.

Be well,
Richard
I hope to have a jeep again by then but I have to work on the 19th so I wont be able to make it.

#16 ·
awww come on.. i thought you guys wanted another wheel-in '09 :cheers2:

I hope hope hope to have my girl out of hock by then. if not i may just bring her down hoping the ride will throw a damn DTC that will point me to where my problem is...

#19 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear you have to work Paul, but if you're like me, you work to pay for stuff for your Jeep, so it kinda works out anyway!

Hope you can make it this time Mike.

Yes, it's still on. I'm going to repost it though, so the date is right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.