Looking for some Jeepin buds in KENTUCKY - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Looking for some Jeepin buds in KENTUCKY

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 07-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
Smokey159
1983 CJ7 

Looking for some Jeepin buds in KENTUCKY

Hey, I'm new to the forum, and new to Jeeps. I'd like to meet some easy goin, good people to enjoy Jeeps with, maybe have a few beers, and hang out and find the good places to ride.

Bring me up to speed people!

Smokey159 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Take a look at our club! We have guys from Lexington, Louisville area, northern Kentucky. Check my sig for the website. Not a bunch of money to join and a great group of guys!
1995 4.0l, 5spd., 4:88's, ARB's F/R, 4"RC lift, homebrew bumpers & tire carrier, homebrew gas tank skid, lined inside, Cobra cb, smitty winch, 130w & 55w Hella lights

Envy our past, Fear our future Go Cats!

Take a look at our club
www.torcoffroad.com & here on JF
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/brand-new-ky-offroad-club-678937/
Bigboyky is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
footypaul
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Far SE KY here, close to VA and TN
footypaul is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^ that would have to be around the Harlan area then?
1995 4.0l, 5spd., 4:88's, ARB's F/R, 4"RC lift, homebrew bumpers & tire carrier, homebrew gas tank skid, lined inside, Cobra cb, smitty winch, 130w & 55w Hella lights

Take a look at our club
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678937
Unread 08-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
footypaul
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboyky View Post
^^^^ that would have to be around the Harlan area then?
YES, I'm about 45 minutes from there.
Unread 08-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
ccoll5
2009 JK Wrangler 

We went riding at Harlan and Carbon Glow this weekend with my fiancee's JK, her brother's XJ, a friend's YJ and my F150. It was a lot of fun and we can't wait to go back.
ccoll5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
footypaul
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoll5 View Post
We went riding at Harlan and Carbon Glow this weekend with my fiancee's JK, her brother's XJ, a friend's YJ and my F150. It was a lot of fun and we can't wait to go back.
I can practically SEE carbon glow from here.
Unread 08-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok I give where is carbon glow?

Take a look at our club
Unread 08-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #9
footypaul
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Carbon Glow isnt really a 'legal' ride area... its privately owned, abandoned strip mine land in Letcher County. Access to all kinds of gas well roads, old logging roads, etc from there.

Rode atv's and trucks/jeeps there my whole life.
Unread 08-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #10
ccoll5
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, it use to be a much better place to ride, but now after the sun goes down it is pretty much just a huge party place, and it isn't really safe to be there at night without protection especially on the weekends. A couple friends from high school got robbed up there a few weeks ago on a Friday night. When we were there Saturday night we rode by a place called "the outlook" where most of the partying occurs and there was at least 30 people up there and a fire big enough to engulf a vehicle. We went by as quick as possible to get to where we were going to camp. Oh, and it is also extends into Knott county and Perry county if you know the right roads to take.
Unread 08-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #11
footypaul
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoll5 View Post
Yeah, it use to be a much better place to ride, but now after the sun goes down it is pretty much just a huge party place, and it isn't really safe to be there at night without protection especially on the weekends. A couple friends from high school got robbed up there a few weeks ago on a Friday night. When we were there Saturday night we rode by a place called "the outlook" where most of the partying occurs and there was at least 30 people up there and a fire big enough to engulf a vehicle. We went by as quick as possible to get to where we were going to camp. Oh, and it is also extends into Knott county and Perry county if you know the right roads to take.
Im assuming you meant "lookout", and yea, it does get kinda rough up there sometimes. Especially if you aren't from here. I know most of em, but I never ever go out wheeling without packing heat. I never have problems, but like I said, I do know most of the local idiots.

But ROBBED, are you serious? Its a little rough, but I didnt think it was that bad.
If you kinda have an idea who might have done that, pm me, I might know em, and see what I can do.
Unread 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #12
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hell I'm probably related to some of those idiots... I have family all over down there! I carry wherever i go anyway.

Take a look at our club
Unread 08-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #13
ccoll5
2009 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, there are some places I never go without carrying. Yeah, I meant lookout. I usually go with a cousin that is from that area and he knows most of the local idiots too so I have never had a problem.

Yup they were robbed. It was 2 of them riding together and they had stopped to watch some deer in one of the fields and they walked over to the edge of the road, and 3 more four wheelers pulled up and parked beside theirs. They said one of the guys got off and came over and talked to them about the deer so they didn't think anything about it because they seemed friendly.

They have been riding up there a few times, but they had never seen these guys before. While the one guy talked to them though the other two stole a cooler, a rack bag, and a gun scabbard off their four wheelers. When the guy that was talking to them started to leave they turned around and saw their stuff missing and took off running after them and chased them on the four wheelers, but they took off down into Elk Creek and they lost them.

The cooler just had a few beers and some candy bars, the gun scabbard was empty, but the rack bag had one guy's cash (around $75), some .45 bullets, a couple flashlights, and a tow strap. Luckily he had decided to leave his .45 at home that day because it is usually in the bag too.
Unread 08-17-2009, 06:09 AM   #14
Jeep-Jeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

check my sig...

| 4x4 Clubs Listing |

current: 09 JKUR
previous Jeeps: 76 CJ7, 93 YJ, 98 TJ, 99 WJ, 84 SJ, 83 CJ7, 90 XJ, 94 ZJ, 87 SJ, 97 ZJ, 02 WJ, 08 JKR
Jeep-Jeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #15
recon4christ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If any one is interested, got a couple of Ft. Knox Jeep nuts heading down to Land Between the Lakes ( Turkey Bay ) Aug 28-30. $15 for three days of wheeling and I think $8 a night for camping.
Acts 4:12
recon4christ is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.