Koolaid's first URE trip details w/TONS of pics - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Koolaid's first URE trip details w/TONS of pics

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #16
BloodThirsty
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
I took a map that I printed off of their site and I had the one the outpost gave me, which blows IMO. The one I printed off had Falls Dam going off the bottom of the page, so I was ASSUMING that it led to a main road lesson learned

Yeah, I think I like the Badin Lake campsites better. We took a ride over to the Arrowhead campground and everything over there is all nice and purty with a big bathroom and nice landscaping bricks at the campsites. Everything is nice and paved even the trails, but the sites look a LOT smaller. For a tent....I like Badin Lake. If I had a camper I might go over to Arrowhead. Plus Badin Lake is right on the water and if you get one on that side there are two bathrooms REALLY close. Seems like you have to walk a lot further to the big bathroom at Arrowhead.

Email Jeep and they will send you the factory specs. Just give them your VIN number.

Unread 08-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #17
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
looks like you guys had a great time, since you have no spare do you at least have a can of slime tire sealant? or maybe get a tire plug kit and a small air pump, not only for a trail repair but road also.

I wonder what trial you were on that came to a dead end? I am pretty sure there arent any in URE that do, maybe was just hard to see the trail in the dark?

you could have got muddier like I did

I might be going to URE the 29th or 30th not sure yet
now THAT is some mud I wouldn't attempt anything that could get me that dirty unless someone was around to help me out if I got stuck

Yes, I was carrying a bottle of slime, chepo compressor, and a plug kit. I'm not TOTALLY retarded I need to get a better compressor though.

Oh, and it was Falls Dam trail. It runs into private property and now that I look at the map I got from the outpost it does say that on there. I just didn't see it before
Unread 08-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #18
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodThirsty View Post
Email Jeep and they will send you the factory specs. Just give them your VIN number.
I looked up the factory specs, but I'm not 100% positive what IS stock on my jeep.
Unread 08-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #19
tkob1060
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
now THAT is some mud I wouldn't attempt anything that could get me that dirty unless someone was around to help me out if I got stuck

Yes, I was carrying a bottle of slime, chepo compressor, and a plug kit. I'm not TOTALLY retarded I need to get a better compressor though.

Oh, and it was Falls Dam trail. It runs into private property and now that I look at the map I got from the outpost it does say that on there. I just didn't see it before
wth is the point of having a trial that dead ends

if you look at that pic you can see I have a compressor too, its in the black bag it came in right under the seat, luckily the zipper on bag was open a few inches and the bag filled up with some of that nice thick mud oh and the bottom drawer on my tool box had slid open also and filled with mud, man am I lucky or what
Unread 08-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #20
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

yeah, that does NOT look like fun to clean up where did you get that muddy at. I'm actually looking at all of your pictures in your profile right now. I need to upload some to mine someday.
Unread 08-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #21
tkob1060
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah, that does NOT look like fun to clean up where did you get that muddy at. I'm actually looking at all of your pictures in your profile right now. I need to upload some to mine someday.
oh those pics are old on here, thats when it was stock

Pictures by tkob1060 - Photobucket many pics there, be sure to check out the Pine barrens albums and ocala 5_23

that mud was from URE one of the deep mud holes up on top of some trial I forget which one lol. it sucked to clean, about 12 hours over 4days, but thankfully the iggee seat covers rock, they clean easy and the floor is linex'd
Unread 08-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #22
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I Raptored my floor, but I got neoprene seat covers that I THOUGHT I liked I found out on my trip that they're not too durable and the rear ripped at the top. That's $120 waste. I need new ones, but probably won't get them for awhile now. I hate that I wasted all that money on those.
Unread 08-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #23
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
oh those pics are old on here, thats when it was stock

Pictures by tkob1060 - Photobucket many pics there, be sure to check out the Pine barrens albums and ocala 5_23

that mud was from URE one of the deep mud holes up on top of some trial I forget which one lol. it sucked to clean, about 12 hours over 4days, but thankfully the iggee seat covers rock, they clean easy and the floor is linex'd
I swung by the car wash today before work and everything cleaned up easy enough. I sprayed the floors and seats as well and it all washed right off. Then I vaccumed it all out and it's MOSTLY clean. I'll hit it up again this weekend to get the remaining stuff off and clean the inside a bit better, but I don't see spending more than another hour on it. I couldn't imagine 12 hours of cleaning after a ride that's crazy.....you can have your deep as **** mud. I'll stick with the little puddles. They're still fun to play in.
Unread 08-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #24
0II0
KF4VGI

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, I was wondering why I saw a bunch of threads talking about their cb's. I wasn't sure why the heck anyone still used those things.....now I know and that's half the battle

Thanks for the offer. I might have to take you up on that. Do you go wheeling anywhere closer? Do you guys do anything else....4 wheeler, motorcycle....? I'm right off of 95 in Hope Mills.
Nope no motorcycle or atv yet trying to get the other half to sign off on getting an rv for some more camping ops. The CB is well worth it. I have the cobra 75 and a ham radio in the jeep as well. There is a jeep club in town that makes runs to UNF and Tellico. Carolina jeepsters is the name and they meet the first friday of every month at the Spinners Pizza at 7pm off Raeford rd. They seem to all have some pretty serious rigs so was not real interested as mine is a DD and I cant tear it up to bad yet.
Unread 08-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #25
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Mine is my daily driver. If I tear it up I'll be riding my motorcycle until I can afford to get it fixed. That won't be too much fun in the rain and when it gets colder.
Unread 08-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #26
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

YUCK! red clay!

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
Unread 08-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #27
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

eh....it's not so bad. It's not like HAWAII red clay or anything. That stuff doesn't get out of ANYTHING. The dirt up there wasn't too bad at all.
Unread 08-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #28
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like you had a good time.

FYI falls dam starts and ends on a main road.
Unread 08-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #29
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Then how the hell did I end up going onto private property at a dead end?

We DID have fun...but now the Jeep is up for sale to pay off some debt.
Unread 08-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #30
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks! Sorry to hear that.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.