Jeeping Tellico Plains, TN` - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Jeeping Tellico Plains, TN`

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
jhughd
2009 JK Wrangler 

Jeeping Tellico Plains, TN`

Where do you ride near Tellico Plains?

JD

Unread 08-31-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
TellicoTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nowhere unless you have private property somewheres. Since the upper tellico ohv was shut down I dont even bother going up there unless Im deer huntin.
2.5 Liter club memer #169-Red Jeep Club meber #491
Quote:
Originally posted by: Jeremy93yj To coax out the poop, try rocking back and forth. If that doesn't work, try rocking side to side. Hold your cheeks apart with your hands while you push and scream at the top of your lungs. I also like to put my feet up on the wall and push against the toilet. Another way is to sit on the pot, reach down and grip the bowl with both hands, and push against the floor with your feet.
Unread 08-31-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
jhughd
2009 JK Wrangler 

Why did they shut them down?
Unread 09-01-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
JKChad
2008 JK Wrangler 

Somethin along the lines of the clean water act. Supposedly to much sediment was bein deposited in the water. Which was messing with the trout fishing ect.. I'm sure there's more to it, but this is part of what I remember. It's a bunch of nonsense. Such and awesome place too. I really wish it would open back up. i'm only like an hour or some from it.

-Chad-
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

They're still fighting to reopen Tellico.
Southern 4WD Association

We'll be camping up off the Cherohala near Joyce Kilmer this weekend; there are nice sight-seeing dirt roads up there but no more "trails". Other areas that we used to like to visit are getting tank-trapped and closed to vehicles too. It's pretty bad.
But I still like to be out in the woods, tough trails or not. And Moab is calling me...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 09-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
rayzdjp1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Other options are Windrock, Mt. Aetna, Golden Mtn., Wooly's, WITC, or private land. There's still some good places to ride.... hook up with a local club and join in!!!!
Unread 10-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #7
tellicojeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

where golden mt, woolys, witc. we go aetna 2-3 times a month need some change
Unread 10-11-2009, 07:42 AM   #8
JKChad
2008 JK Wrangler 

Golden Mt. Is in sparta Tn, Woolys is in souther Middle tn south of franklin, Wheelin in the country is in summer town tn which is another 1hr or so from woolys.

I haven't been to golden mt. but hear a lot of good stuff, depends on your level of wheelin.

I've been to wooly's and WITC. Both are nice places, but don't make a special trip to woolys unless you live with in an hour or so. I felt like I road the majority of the easy-med trails within a few hours. It's pretty much setup for atvs/dirtbike and hardcore rigs.

WITC is an awesome place, not for the faint of heart. I went with my rig stock and even the chicken trails were tough.. lol.. They also have some very narrow trails that will really turn up the pucker factor. WITC is a pretty well known place. They have tough truck competitions there and there trails are pretty much all wicked as hell. It's a fun place to go even to just sight see some of the comp rigs run. Lots of breakage and carnage can be seen. lol..

Another place I really enjoy is turkey bay in Land between the lakes. It's in Cadiz ky, north central tn/south central ky. It's about 75,000 acres and lies between lake barkley and kentucky lake. For mild to moderate rigs, you can wheel for days on end up there.

-Chad-
Unread 10-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #9
tellicojeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

chad you need to come ride aetna with us. plenty of skill levels. in chatt. tn
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #10
JKChad
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellicojeeper View Post
chad you need to come ride aetna with us. plenty of skill levels. in chatt. tn
I keep hearin about this place.. Watched some video's on youtube. Any rides come up down there? Shouldn't been to far of a drive for me. I'd love to come check it out. Still a little nervous with the new setup. I haven't wheeled it yet. So, i'm not gonna come out balls to the wall. Definitely let me know of any rides.

-Chad-
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
tellicojeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

trying to get some friends together, no big rides as of now but maybe 10 or so can get together. Aetna has plenty stuff for stock rides up to full blown buggies on 49s( tough stuff alot worse than tellico) but you can ride all day with no damage. let me know when is a good time and i can put something together.
Unread 10-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
tellicojeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

hilldweller, tellicotj, and rayzdjp1. you guys need to plan come ride aetna sometime. i like to get a couple jeeps together, makes for great riding, great stories, and awesome friends. we are going to windrock this weekend.
Unread 10-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
JKChad
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm headin up to brimstone friday. I've got the girlfriend family comin up this week, which is great cause her mom is gonna just chill at our house and watch our 2 dogs while we go up to brimstone friday. If i can get my saturday shift covered I know there will be quite a few at windrock on saturday.

-Chad-

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.