Jeep Wave - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Jeep Wave

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
mourerj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Wave

So how did you find out about it? I was lucky and my stepdad has a wrangler and I bought my jeep from a used dealer who deals almost exclusivly with them. I didn't feel like an a** the first time a jeep drove by..lol..

mourerj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
CrzyMtnMan
1996 ZJ 

One day...one day...

I try to be social, just do not get the same respect driving a ZJ. Every once in a while I get a return, I am probably the biggest a**hat for doing this in a ZJ, however try to uphold the tradition anyway I can.

Never really knew about it, just something I did, WRX owners do the same thing 95 percent of the time I get the wave first or get a return wave.
CrzyMtnMan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
mourerj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah.. I tried to wave at other types of jeeps, but I found out if it looks nice on the outside they prob aren't real jeepers and I just let it go..lol..
Unread 09-17-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
2DRBLUJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

Most Jeeps waved at me (excluding JK owners) when I had my YJ. Some Jeeps wave at me in the JK, though nearly not as many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mourerj View Post
Yeah.. I tried to wave at other types of jeeps, but I found out if it looks nice on the outside they prob aren't real jeepers and I just let it go..lol..
Yeah, that does tend to happen.
2DRBLUJK is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Wrangler folks think they are better than us lowly Cherokee drivers but I tend to wave anyway. Like stated above if it looks all shiny they don't wave and younguns don't either. I was always told the least nice jeep waves first but nice is a matter of opinion. I like the way mine looks but I don't have a straight body panel left so most would think I need to wave first.
Unread 09-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
BigBass
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep should distribute a flyer with every new jeep on jeep wave instructions. Promote the jeep lifestyle in the ad campaigns.
Unread 09-17-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
mourerj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

LOL.... It would save alot of stupid looks from people who don't know .. And they think we are the dumb ones
Unread 09-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
CrzyMtnMan
1996 ZJ 

LOL!

Glad I am not the only one in this situation, I feel better about my ZJ wave now.

Was fueling up a company vehicle and noticed a Rubicon 4 door pulled up to the pump next to mine, my first thought was to ask out loud, "what mods do you have in mind?" I thought better of it as I had no Jeep Forum cards on me at the time, just took the wierd look from the owner, finished up and left. Had I of been in the ZJ, maybe would have said something.
CrzyMtnMan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
06camarodude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I never get waved at while driving my YJ, except by other YJ's, CJ's, and occasionally a TJ or two. Never gotten the "wave" from a JK, XJ, ZJ, KJ, or WJ. I only wave at "Other" Jeeps (XJs, KJs, ZJs, etc.) if they are visibly modded and obviously used the way they should (covered in mud, for example), and most times, I get a wave from anyone with a lifted vehicle on big tires, regardless of make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsapo View Post
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." Matthew 7:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
That's a pretty decent crawl ratio, tell Matthew congrats. :2thumbsup:
06camarodude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
WakeUpJeepin
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The day I got my Jeep, I was driving it home, and a guy in a CJ going the opposite direction on a two way waved at me. I didn't think too much of it at first, but then it happened again at a light, and again in a parking lot, it happened on the highway, at gas stations, everywhere I went people were waving at me. This had never happened in my Honda, so I was really confused at first - till I realized that having a Jeep puts you in "The Circle". I wave at every Jeeper I see, apparently Dallas has a really good community!
WakeUpJeepin is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.