JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   South East USA (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/)
-   -   Jeep Wave (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/jeep-wave-1103478/)

mourerj 09-16-2010 09:12 PM

Jeep Wave

So how did you find out about it? I was lucky and my stepdad has a wrangler and I bought my jeep from a used dealer who deals almost exclusivly with them. I didn't feel like an a** the first time a jeep drove by..lol.. :cheers:

CrzyMtnMan 09-16-2010 09:34 PM

One day...one day...

I try to be social, just do not get the same respect driving a ZJ. Every once in a while I get a return, I am probably the biggest a**hat for doing this in a ZJ, however try to uphold the tradition anyway I can.

Never really knew about it, just something I did, WRX owners do the same thing 95 percent of the time I get the wave first or get a return wave.

mourerj 09-16-2010 10:33 PM

Yeah.. I tried to wave at other types of jeeps, but I found out if it looks nice on the outside they prob aren't real jeepers and I just let it go..lol..

2DRBLUJK 09-16-2010 11:49 PM

Most Jeeps waved at me (excluding JK owners) when I had my YJ. Some Jeeps wave at me in the JK, though nearly not as many.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mourerj (Post 10138772)
Yeah.. I tried to wave at other types of jeeps, but I found out if it looks nice on the outside they prob aren't real jeepers and I just let it go..lol..

Yeah, that does tend to happen.

xjmarc 09-17-2010 12:29 PM

Wrangler folks think they are better than us lowly Cherokee drivers but I tend to wave anyway. Like stated above if it looks all shiny they don't wave and younguns don't either. I was always told the least nice jeep waves first but nice is a matter of opinion. I like the way mine looks but I don't have a straight body panel left so most would think I need to wave first.

BigBass 09-17-2010 12:33 PM

Jeep should distribute a flyer with every new jeep on jeep wave instructions. Promote the jeep lifestyle in the ad campaigns.

mourerj 09-17-2010 05:00 PM

LOL.... It would save alot of stupid looks from people who don't know :) .. And they think we are the dumb ones :p

CrzyMtnMan 09-17-2010 05:13 PM

LOL!

Glad I am not the only one in this situation, I feel better about my ZJ wave now.

Was fueling up a company vehicle and noticed a Rubicon 4 door pulled up to the pump next to mine, my first thought was to ask out loud, "what mods do you have in mind?" I thought better of it as I had no Jeep Forum cards on me at the time, just took the wierd look from the owner, finished up and left. Had I of been in the ZJ, maybe would have said something.

06camarodude 09-17-2010 05:24 PM

I never get waved at while driving my YJ, except by other YJ's, CJ's, and occasionally a TJ or two. Never gotten the "wave" from a JK, XJ, ZJ, KJ, or WJ. I only wave at "Other" Jeeps (XJs, KJs, ZJs, etc.) if they are visibly modded and obviously used the way they should (covered in mud, for example), and most times, I get a wave from anyone with a lifted vehicle on big tires, regardless of make.

WakeUpJeepin 09-17-2010 05:33 PM

The day I got my Jeep, I was driving it home, and a guy in a CJ going the opposite direction on a two way waved at me. I didn't think too much of it at first, but then it happened again at a light, and again in a parking lot, it happened on the highway, at gas stations, everywhere I went people were waving at me. This had never happened in my Honda, so I was really confused at first - till I realized that having a Jeep puts you in "The Circle". I wave at every Jeeper I see, apparently Dallas has a really good community!

The time now is 02:07 PM.