hardrock ocala,sat the 24th anyone - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > hardrock ocala,sat the 24th anyone

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 10-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #16
mcg311TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knottymaid View Post
Raise all your vent tubes while you are at it....

I am going to try to get an 8.8 swap and SOA mounted up this weekend. Waiting on the gear guy to finish the 4.88 install
I did that right after Richloam, My clutch went 3 weeks after that trip. I took Johnny's advice and waterproofed most of my rig. Tubes were done at that time, But good looking out.

BTW, Brown Santa dropped off my goodies today. RC has great shipping.. A whole day early

mcg311TJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #17
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTJosh View Post
May have just spent my weekend budget. Found a rear bumper w/ hitch reciever and swing out tire carrier on cl for 100. Gonna go check it out this afternoon hopefully

wow,,what a good find..ive been looking and missed a few on there so i ordered the builders kit...another reason for my back to hurt lol..

fla cracker head born and bred

build- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...hread-1065655/
johnny9 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #18
blackTJosh
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
wow,,what a good find..ive been looking and missed a few on there so i ordered the builders kit...another reason for my back to hurt lol..
Yep picked it up. It's off a yj so I've gotta drill 4 holes because they have 8 holes in the rear instad of just 4 on the outside but well worth it.
blackTJosh is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #19
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Gotta keep my eye open for a rear bumper/carrier combo for my 33's.
Unread 10-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #20
blackTJosh
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'll sell you one for $200

Not really lol
blackTJosh is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #21
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
if you build it,they will come..and keep comeing,haha

Unread 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #22
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTJosh View Post
I'll sell you one for $200

Not really lol

Next night ride I'll be behind you with my hi beams on.

Not that you'll see them anyway.
Unread 10-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #23
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
if you build it,they will come..and keep comeing,haha
Johnny...at times I regret getting the BB instead of the Full Traction 3 in lift. I was thinking of getting a winch with next years tax return but the lift might win out.

Besides, I'm going back to Moab and Ouray next summer.
Unread 10-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #24
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Johnny...at times I regret getting the BB instead of the Full Traction 3 in lift. I was thinking of getting a winch with next years tax return but the lift might win out.

Besides, I'm going back to Moab and Ouray next summer.
your jeep would ride sweet with that new rough country long arm kit..its so cheap i dont think id go short arm when i can afford it someday..you can use the long arm with 4 inch lift i think..

Unread 10-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #25
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
your jeep would ride sweet with that new rough country long arm kit..its so cheap i dont think id go short arm when i can afford it someday..you can use the long arm with 4 inch lift i think..

Now you know what to get me for Christmas.
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #26
mcg311TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Johnny, That kit is cheap for a reason.. Look how the back is setup on it ( your rig would flex better then that set up ) The front would flex just like jimmy's setup. They could of done a better job with it
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #27
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg311TJ View Post
Johnny, That kit is cheap for a reason.. Look how the back is setup on it ( your rig would flex better then that set up ) The front would flex just like jimmy's setup. They could of done a better job with it
your right matt,but it seems to work fine for a budget minded person..i was thinkin on it but after seeing rustys long arm upgrade in person i like it.

but i also am thinkin about building a triangulated 4 link rear after checking out a few at jeffs jeep yard..

Unread 10-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #28
mcg311TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, you'd be better off paying $1300 for that upgrade then $1300 for the RC kit... I like my SA kit for now, but if I go LA it would be either Rusty's or Clayton.... Custom could also happen.
Unread 10-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #29
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

2.5" & La?

Johnny I have been thinking along the same lines as you and I like the Rusty's LA upgrade. Do you guys know if it would work with just 2.5" springs? And which one the standard or high clearance arms?
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #30
Knottymaid
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

There is a custom shop over in Leesburg that we are going to have do our JKs, they have good prices too(Roundstar). I think I am going to build the one for the YJ, it has to fit 35x15.5s

Knottymaid is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.