Hardrock - Nov. 21, 2009 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Hardrock - Nov. 21, 2009

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #31
mcg311TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackTJosh View Post
We should head there after hardrock and do a night ride and camp on the 21st

Had fun at hard rock today. Bowed my tie rod a little bit so I'm looking for something stronger as I type this.
Cheap way is a ZJ tie rod, If you have the money, Currie all the way.

Unread 11-08-2009, 06:26 PM   #32
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We should head there after hardrock and do a night ride and camp on the 21st

Had fun at hard rock today. Bowed my tie rod a little bit so I'm looking for something stronger as I type this.
im not up for camping then, but i could lead ya there and show ya around in the daylight tho .i would get lost at night lol..gps will work there ...its a fun place to exsplore..i like to go there 1-2 times a week and havent went down all the paths yet..there mostly for 4 wheelers where the good stuff is but i follow most of it fine..

im up for rideing there anytime anyone wants to..just let me know a day or 2 in advance..it could be difficult with more than 5-10 jeeps tho if on a weekend..useually 4 wheelers there on the weeknds also..there cool tho

i did the grand cherokee v-8 tie rod upgrade and its awesome for the price.
new tie rod,tie rod end,and turn buckle w/bolts was 127 bucks at advanced auto and fit perfectly like the forum said..its much beefyer than the stock one.

fla cracker head born and bred

build- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...hread-1065655/
Unread 11-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #33
blackTJosh
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Eneded up getting the rustys HD upgrade for 119 shipped

Rustys Offroad: Tie Rod - HD Replacement (XJ,TJ, ZJ)
Unread 11-09-2009, 07:25 AM   #34
OSYJ93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
im not up for camping then, but i could lead ya there and show ya around in the daylight tho .i would get lost at night lol..gps will work there ...its a fun place to exsplore..i like to go there 1-2 times a week and havent went down all the paths yet..there mostly for 4 wheelers where the good stuff is but i follow most of it fine..

im up for rideing there anytime anyone wants to..just let me know a day or 2 in advance..it could be difficult with more than 5-10 jeeps tho if on a weekend..useually 4 wheelers there on the weeknds also..there cool tho

i did the grand cherokee v-8 tie rod upgrade and its awesome for the price.
new tie rod,tie rod end,and turn buckle w/bolts was 127 bucks at advanced auto and fit perfectly like the forum said..its much beefyer than the stock one.
It would be better to ride around that place during the day. At night if your not careful you could end up on a trail that turns into a 10-30+ ft. drop off. The area is sweet though. Me & a buddy were out there yesterday with his quad & my xr650 rippin up the hills & trails. We saw a few other people riding also. We talked to them for a bit. They were cool. They said there were cops down on the south end but were only checking registrations. Like Johnny said, it's a 2 wheeler / 4 wheelers dream place to ride. There are many pits & lots of hills. It's a fun jeep place too but, there is alot of areas you wouldn't want to attempt unless you have a winch & snatch block or a buddy with the same. Hopefully my parts will be here first part of this week so I can fix my heep. I'm dying to get back over to those pits with the jeep & start carving in those hills. We were playing in a bada$$ pit yesterday Johnny there to the right once you go in off that trail that you & I went on. Once you come to the first little I-section go to the right & follow it around. It will take you right up to the pit. It's really sandy & the hills are fairly steep. Most of them are 4 wheeler size but after scoping it out there looks to be a couple that you could get down in the jeep. Lockers maybe a big help here though. It's gonna take some skinny pedal to get back out for sure, even if you can get back out. Anyway, hopefully I can get me arse back over teir Johnny so we can take a wack at it, hahaha. Later on.
Unread 11-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #35
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

good deal on the rusty tie rod josh

kelly..i have other ways to get in that pit from another road and i can get back out just as easy..but i cant seem to get up the sandy hills..but when we go and i dont have the wife i think i can get up a few lol..
i was skirting the edge of the top of the hills at that pit sat and almost rolled down a good 200 ft at least but thankfully it worked out i learned something sat for sure...bring a buddy and get to go home..
leave a buddy and your screwed for a long while..i dont think my dads dozer could climb those sand hills?maybe a big loader lol..

Unread 11-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #36
OSYJ93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
good deal on the rusty tie rod josh

kelly..i have other ways to get in that pit from another road and i can get back out just as easy..but i cant seem to get up the sandy hills..but when we go and i dont have the wife i think i can get up a few lol..
i was skirting the edge of the top of the hills at that pit sat and almost rolled down a good 200 ft at least but thankfully it worked out i learned something sat for sure...bring a buddy and get to go home..
leave a buddy and your screwed for a long while..i dont think my dads dozer could climb those sand hills?maybe a big loader lol..
Hoooooff...well at least you didn't munch. I'm sure the sand is a little more forgiving than the rocks, lol, but it still would've sucked not having an exo-cage on a hill that big...we'll have to work some of those hills similar to the way these guys did. YouTube - BLUEY SUBLIMINAL AND TOYOTA TRAXX
Unread 11-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #37
blackTJosh
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Winch plate came in today. Also found out I get the rockers I ordered for 150 cause it was their last set and the bottom had been scratched on the shelves. I told them that's the side that's gonna get beat to he'll anyway of course I'll take em for 25% off! 2 weeks cooooommmmmeeeee oooooooon
Unread 11-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #38
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSYJ93 View Post
we'll have to work some of those hills similar to the way these guys did. YouTube - BLUEY SUBLIMINAL AND TOYOTA TRAXX

im ready..

good deal on the rockers josh

Unread 11-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #39
blackTJosh
2000 TJ Wrangler 

So do we some kind of plan for next sat yet? Found a nice soft top w/ all hardware and frame in Tampa for 200 that i'm gonna go down either sat after hardrock or Sunday morning if we do a night ride and camp somewhere. Just trying to figure out the best way to cram it all into one weekend and hadn't seen if we were definatly doing something after hardrock or not.
Unread 11-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #40
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just need to trim down my fender flares and I'm good to go.
Unread 11-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #41
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So do we some kind of plan for next sat yet?
If my son comes with me I won't be able to do the night ride, to long of a day for him. Won't know till that morning.

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
Unread 11-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #42
mcg311TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
I just need to trim down my fender flares and I'm good to go.
Glen you and I can meet up at the rest area again. How does 8:am sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl View Post
If my son comes with me I won't be able to do the night ride, to long of a day for him. Won't know till that morning.
I'm not bringing my boys this time, Or the wife ( I like scraring the crap out of them ) And that's just to long of a day for me if we do the night ride. I be there for the day part.
Unread 11-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #43
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Matt - that'll work meeting up at 8.

Kevin - I'll bring the steering skid along for ya.
Unread 11-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #44
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
Kevin - I'll bring the steering skid along for ya.
A day of wheelin and pickin up a few jeep parts, what could be better

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
Unread 11-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #45
blackTJosh
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok I'm fine with just doing a day part also.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.