Freeman Park questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Freeman Park questions...

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
tiggere

Freeman Park questions...

Hey gang I have a few questions about driving at Freeman Park...I took my Z71 out to Fort Fisher area back when I had it with little problems but now that I have a Jeep Liberty Renegade that weighs a bit more I wanted to ask if you guys thought it would be a problem...the jeep is unmodded and the tires are Michelin LTX M/S...

Is there anything in particular that we need to bring in case we do get stuck...I mean will most of the folks help pull you out...really hoping that it doesn't happen but I want to be sure...

We are moving down next week so we plan on splurging for the yearly pass...if you guys see a cactus green Liberty Renegade come over and say hi...if you see it stuck come over and help...

Jonathan

Unread 07-21-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Check out CoastalCarolinaOffroad.com Lots of people from wilmington, would be a good place to get in touch since you're moving out there.
For the beach, air down your tires, Make sure you have recovery points and if you start to get stuck dont floor it, the jeep will just sink in the sand. But If your moving, keep your self moving. Don't stop at the entrance if you can avoid it, and keep your eyes out for deeper tracks so you don't bottom out.
Thats the best info i can give. I take my tj and suburban out there and rarely have any trouble. Never been stuck out there either, but have seen many stuck in things ranging from pickups to bmw's. Then i've seen an explorer stuck at the front and a honda element all the way at the end of the beach.
Unread 07-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
paccepounder
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Most people will offer you a tow. I would bring a good tow strap with you, in case you need it, and to return the favor if needed!

Dont stop, you will be fine. ANd stay in the tracks.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.