Brand New Ky Offroad Club - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Brand New Ky Offroad Club

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

 
Unread 02-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #46
BigDumbBear
Registered User
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 301
I second the vote for CiCi's... They shut ours down cuz they couldn't get anybody that wasn't shady to run the place. Now I've gotta drive an hour minimum to eat there. lol. But my vote counts little since I will only make it up on occasion. I'm just bored and felt like chiming in.

__________________
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!
Efficiency is the lazy man's way of getting something done.
I have not failed, just succeded in finding many ways that did not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteTJ View Post
Haha, that's not a safety. That's a danger-y.
BigDumbBear is offline  
Unread 02-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #47
Brads_nky_yj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky/Cinci Area
Posts: 3,012
Hey you have chimed in more than alot of people

Thanks!
__________________
93 YJ - SOLD
Brads_nky_yj is offline  
Unread 02-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #48
jbrown78cj7
Registered User
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N.Kentucky
Posts: 15
Brad, I spoke to you for a while yesterday so I know you know whats going on. I will be joining the club along with two non jeep forum guys. We will not be able to make the ride this weekend but two of us will make the meeting on the 15th. I can't wait to get to meet everyone.
__________________
78 CJ7 304 3 spd. 31in tsl boggers
jbrown78cj7 is offline  
Unread 02-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #49
Brads_nky_yj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky/Cinci Area
Posts: 3,012
Hey man!! Yeah I was happy to talk to you for so long yesterday. Kept me from gettin bored at work lol But yeah I am happy your friends with the Broncos are gonna join. Im also happy cause you are local to me Cant wait to meet ya man! Hey anytime ya wanna meet up in florence for some lunch or food or just wanna meet up let me know. Im also up for hanging with some cool jeep guys
__________________
93 YJ - SOLD
Brads_nky_yj is offline  
Unread 02-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #50
Laughingstok
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 42
Watching this thread. I'm the only guy I know with an off-road vehicle that has taken it off-road on my own multiple times. Unfortunately I'm always alone and usually too worried about getting permanantly stuck to venture too far out.

May sign up at some point if my job holds out due to the recession.

I'll be watching the website. Also, I work for Ashland and do all kinds of tech stuff for them, so if you guys need any help with IT crap, send me a PM.

-Sean
Laughingstok is offline  
Unread 02-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #51
WMW0505
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Woodford County Kentucky
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Watching this thread. I'm the only guy I know with an off-road vehicle that has taken it off-road on my own multiple times. Unfortunately I'm always alone and usually too worried about getting permanantly stuck to venture too far out.

May sign up at some point if my job holds out due to the recession.

I'll be watching the website. Also, I work for Ashland and do all kinds of tech stuff for them, so if you guys need any help with IT crap, send me a PM.

-Sean
My brother interned at Ashland over the summer in the IT department. Drove a red 1997 XJ
__________________
2001 XJ 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex w/ 2" BB
AW-4
D30 w/ Aussie Locker
D44 open
33x12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
4.56:1 gears
WMW0505 is offline  
Unread 02-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #52
Laughingstok
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 42
What was his name? I may have worked with him. We get interns in and out somewhat frequently.
Laughingstok is offline  
Unread 02-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #53
WMW0505
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Woodford County Kentucky
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
What was his name? I may have worked with him. We get interns in and out somewhat frequently.
Charlie...he was from EKU
__________________
2001 XJ 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex w/ 2" BB
AW-4
D30 w/ Aussie Locker
D44 open
33x12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
4.56:1 gears
WMW0505 is offline  
Unread 02-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #54
Laughingstok
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 42
Oh yeah, I know Charlie, Wilson. SQL guy. Good kid, did great work! Tell him Sean Greathouse says hi. He even put a note on my office once that said "Chrome don't get ya home" (even though I have no chrome on my Jeep.)

Pretty sure he plays paintball with another guy I work with regularly. Small world.
Laughingstok is offline  
Unread 02-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #55
Brads_nky_yj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky/Cinci Area
Posts: 3,012
Hey Laughingstok, good to hear your interested. I would happy to have ya join. If you would like me to email the stuff to ya, just shoot me a PM with your email and I will send ya everything. Thanks again and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
__________________
93 YJ - SOLD
Brads_nky_yj is offline  
Unread 02-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #56
WMW0505
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Woodford County Kentucky
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
Oh yeah, I know Charlie, Wilson. SQL guy. Good kid, did great work! Tell him Sean Greathouse says hi. He even put a note on my office once that said "Chrome don't get ya home" (even though I have no chrome on my Jeep.)

Pretty sure he plays paintball with another guy I work with regularly. Small world.
Yeah he's back into paintball. He was just at my house today, I'll tell him next time I see him.
__________________
2001 XJ 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex w/ 2" BB
AW-4
D30 w/ Aussie Locker
D44 open
33x12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
4.56:1 gears
WMW0505 is offline  
Unread 02-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #57
bpdurb0
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pewee Valley, Kentucky
Posts: 12
I posted this on another thread but then found this one:

I live in the Louisville area and I've had my Jeep now for 2 1/2 years. Everything is stock on it. I'm wanting to get a suspension lift for it. Because I'm mechanically challenged with zero experience, I obviously want someone to do this for me. No clue as to what I need, where I should go to get it done, etc. Any advice would be great.
bpdurb0 is offline  
Unread 02-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #58
WMW0505
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Woodford County Kentucky
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpdurb0 View Post
I posted this on another thread but then found this one:

I live in the Louisville area and I've had my Jeep now for 2 1/2 years. Everything is stock on it. I'm wanting to get a suspension lift for it. Because I'm mechanically challenged with zero experience, I obviously want someone to do this for me. No clue as to what I need, where I should go to get it done, etc. Any advice would be great.
what model jeep do you have?
__________________
2001 XJ 3.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex w/ 2" BB
AW-4
D30 w/ Aussie Locker
D44 open
33x12.50 Dunlop Mud Rovers
4.56:1 gears
WMW0505 is offline  
Unread 02-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #59
yjislander
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kaintuck
Posts: 374
So how was yall's first meeting and trip to hnh?
__________________
illigal™
bissiness™
illigaly™
penaties™
cought™
buissinesses™
mabey™
seel™
come'in™

Christian Jeeper #4

92 Yj on 32's
2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep02Apex View Post
I'm so poor, I bought a hooker then beat her up and took my fake money back.
yjislander is offline  
Unread 02-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #60
Brads_nky_yj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky/Cinci Area
Posts: 3,012
Like Willie said, you need to fill out your jeep info so we know what you're workin with.

Meeting was a flop, but it was rescheduled to this sunday and it should be a better turnout. If you werent so far away I would tell you to come yjislander!
__________________
93 YJ - SOLD
Brads_nky_yj is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.