Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Brand New Ky Offroad Club

20K views 227 replies 24 participants last post by  Rollbar 
#1 ·
Ok ladies and gentleman. Here it is, Kentuckys newest offroad club is here. It has been in the making for a few months now and finally we got everything we needed together to do it. Here is a little background:

It all started as a few friends in the lexington, ky area wanted to go offroading every now and then but also wanted to form some kind of club while doing it. There were already a bunch of KY jeep clubs around but we wanted our own. We were a bunch of college guys who wanted to have an organized and fun club to ride in who doesnt care about what kind of rig you have as long as it has four wheel drive and you can drive smart.

Now since we are not a "Jeep Only" club here on JF we must ask that if you post of start a thread it must be only jeep related. About 90% of the guys wanting to join the club are Jeep owners and are members of JF themselves so thats why we wanted to start a club section on here since so many of our future members are JF'ers.

Now to the actual club.

The name of the club is called:
T.O.R.C. Offroad

It stands for Twisted Off Road Club. We are based out of Kentucky are not limited to wheelin in Kentucky only. Hopefully as the club grows we can start wheelin in some of the bordering states as well as out west. Even though we do have some of the best wheelin this side of the Mississippi :D:D

We are still in the process of creating a club logo and website, but since our logo is for our club we would like to have the main picture a few jeeps from the club so at our next ride at Hillz N Hollarz on Feb 7th/8th (See Sig) we are going to take pictures and see what kind of club logo we can come up with. We have alot of good ideas now and the logo should be done right after the wheeling trip and hopefully by our first club meeting.

The website is:
www.torcoffroad.com

Is it currently under construction, but will be up within a few months after we get members rigs and all the official forms online that need to be. If anyone has the ability to make websites/forums please PM me so we can try and get something going.

Currently we open for ideas for when and where meetings will be held. We have many potential members in the Lexington area as well as alot of potential members from the Northern Kentucky area. So I was trying to figure out where would be the middle? Its about an hour from NKY to Lexington so cut that in half and we need to figure out what is about half hour away I guess. This is the only way because I know that many members from the NKY area cant drive an hour each way once a month and the same goes for people from Lexington. Again nothing is set in stone so please post up your concerns and ideas. Im open to anything.

As of right now there are currently only two officers. Me and Spyder6 (Will). I am currently the President/Secretary and Will is the Vice President/Treasurer. We hope to elect new officers at the 2nd meeting that way we can get a good group to show up and show interest.

As for the time and dates of the meetings we still need YOU, those who are interested in joining posting up what days and times you are free. I figure we will meet at a restaurant of some sort, get some food and just hang out and then after we have all gotten some grub hold the meetings. This way we all can get to know each other and when new potential members show up they are welcomed in and not made to sit and listen to club things right away.

I will be posting up applications and information as I get it officially done and then the by laws and rules and other paper work such as that will be given out at meetings and posted on our website when it comes up.

I hope we have alot of people interested and please post in here. Im excited about getting this up and running and hopefully we can become one of Kentuckys finest and most mature and responsible off road organizations. Thanks and have a great day!

Brad
TORC Offroad President

See less See more
#5 ·
well, im not sure, unfortunately, with my job, half the time i dont know when im gonna be off work, so, the weekends would probably be better, and as for where, it really doesnt matter to me, as long as we can find a place where everyone is comfortable driving to, i can go about 500 miles on a tank of fuel, so it doesnt really mater to me. although this is supposed to be a lex-vegas based club, maybe we should try to hold meetings in different areas each month, that way it is more fair for everyone as far as driving distances go......

This post has been deleted
#10 ·
Why was your time wasted? duh...it wasnt.. I took every single one of your ideas and sent them to Spyder6 and he went through them and we talked and came up with that one. I still have all of them and when I do the logos with no jeeps in it then I am going to use one of the original ones you sent me. You are more than welcome to join. That logo above is NOT the final logo. That is the CURRENT logo. AT our ride at HNH on the 7/8 me and Spyder6 are going to take ALOT of good flexing HD pictures and create a logo from those. That way we have logos with our own actual jeeps on them. Plus we can make ones with wranglers, cherokees, cjs, whatever. Plus we will be coming up with just a plain winshield banner or side window sticket that just has the club name on it. Trust me your time was not wasted, I appreciated EVERYTHING you did Jason and you are more than welcome to join!

I was thinkin either Georgetown or Williamstown/Dry Ridge. This isnt a "lex-vegas" based club as many of the potential members are from up here in NKY as well, but most of the guys are located in Lexington. I have no problem driving to Lexington/Georgetown once a month or a meeting, I just dont know what some of the guys up here think. What days and times are good for everyone? This semester in school I am free friday saturday and sunday. I love having night classes...NOT. But I do graduate in may so yay!!

#11 ·
G- town may be the best place, its close enough for north and lex, as well, as not getting too far north for anyone from richmond or similar areas that may want to come to meetings, of course, in the summer months, maybe we could do the meetings at a park somewhere and have picnics, or something like that

#12 ·
yeah in the summer meetinsg can be held different places. We will discuss/vote on those at later meetings. So is everyone cool with Georgetown? I will let others chime in for a few more days before we declare something for sure. Then we can set up something.

#14 ·
id like to point out that you had in no way wasted your time. i have been working on trying to come up with a logo for 3 months now and it wasnt until brad sent me what you had came up with that i got a flicker of inspiration from what you had came up with. like brad said this isnt the final logo, its just what my head came up with and i posted it on here. all the members will have a vote to decide which one they like best

#18 ·
I live in Frankfort, would love to hear more on joining your club. this is my first Jeep, be cool to get together and shoot the bull about works and what doesn't. Georgetown sounds like a good place to meeet. Unfourtanely I cannot go :( to H&H in Feb. i'll keep checking back for more info
:cheers:

#19 ·
Hey whiskeybent! Im happy to hear you wanna join the club, maybe :) What would be a good day and time of the week for you to meet? That goes for everyone really. We have yet to establish a day and time for everyone to meet. Thanks and have fun with your first jeep!

#20 ·
Hey guys. I'm trying to get into the whole jeep lifestyle and be part of the group. I'm from Etown and unfortunately, will have a hard time making it to meetings on a regular basis. I will do my best though. I'd love to hang out with some others that enjoy some good wheelin and know the trails and hotspots. The weekends work out good for me with some advanced warning to ask off.

#24 ·
Ok I've kept my mouth shut long enough.... I want to be a part of this. I'll be the promotional director. I'm already working on some things to launch this little club! And I vote we meet around the Georgtown area.

#25 ·
The meetings will be held in Georgetown for sure. Most likely either saturday or sunday. Sunday evening sound best for everyone. Currently I am in the process of getting a website made. I have been talking to a few people and they are getting what I want made and I will choose which I like. The website will have different pages for different things. There will be a pag for :Home, Membership Info, All Documents (can be downloaded), Member rides, Gallery (for wheelin trips and such), online forum and a contact area.

I have all the waivers, by laws, applications, rules, requirements typed up. The dues will be $25 for your first year and $20 every year after that. This will be for a fiscal year so jan 1-dec 31. This money will go towards website prices, two official club stickers of your choice, and money for some kind of outing, whether it be a few small cook outs or a killer christmas party/ride.

Hopefully this club wont be "little" for too long. At the HNH trip on the 7th me and Spyder6 will be taking numerous pictures and such and will be designing an official logo out of some of those. That way we can have our own jeeps in the logo. I also wanna have different logos. So like logos for YJs, TJs, JKs, XJs, etc etc. I have a friend who works at a sticker/vinyl shop so I can get em for a "decent" price

#27 ·
I can come up with a flyer after the website is up and running and we can just stick em under windshield wipers of any offroad vehicle ya see lol We can include the logo, website, email and general description. I was already thinking about having some in my jeep anyway because lately I have been seeing a few BUILT rigs in my neck of the woods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.