Beasley Knob - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Beasley Knob

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 08-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
whitie_08
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Beasley Knob

so me and my friend are planning to head up for a weekend in september. we would definatly be camping, but we need to find out a super cheap place to do it. any suggestions?

we both live in paulding county[GA], about 15 min away from six flags. if for some reason beasleys trals are closed when we want to go, where would be a good place to go as a back up plan? we dont like mud, and both of us drive our jeeps every day, so nothing too intense.

thanks for the info guys.

Unread 08-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Camping on site and if you get rained out, hit Aetna. Same thing I said on southeastoffroad.
bebout is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2009, 06:55 AM   #3
whitie_08
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebout View Post
Camping on site and if you get rained out, hit Aetna. Same thing I said on southeastoffroad.
appreciate it.
Unread 08-14-2009, 07:13 AM   #4
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

What weekend are you going to Beasley? I'm actually going tomorrow and ride with Ga Trail riders. I'm in Spalding County so I don't think I'm too far away if y'all find a closer place.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
Diehard

2004 WJ 

There are now 31 people signed up at the GATR site to go to Beasley tomorrow.
Could be interesting.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2009, 07:16 AM   #6
whitie_08
1991 YJ Wrangler 

we are going sept 25 and 26
Unread 08-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #7
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I might be able to make that one. I just went this past Saturday. I only rode with the club until the first trail, I wanted to get some riding in before I had to leave so I turned around and rode hoping to run into them again. But I didn't. I did find out that I need new tires. My slightly dry-rotted, worn 31's were not cutting it even being geared and locked all around. I was just throwing rocks more than riding over them. Disappointing to say the least.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 08-19-2009, 06:00 AM   #8
whitie_08
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie4 View Post
I might be able to make that one. I just went this past Saturday. I only rode with the club until the first trail, I wanted to get some riding in before I had to leave so I turned around and rode hoping to run into them again. But I didn't. I did find out that I need new tires. My slightly dry-rotted, worn 31's were not cutting it even being geared and locked all around. I was just throwing rocks more than riding over them. Disappointing to say the least.
we are still planning to go, so far its me a jk and a tj rubi. and possibly 2 others.
Unread 08-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #9
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitie_08 View Post
we are still planning to go, so far its me a jk and a tj rubi. and possibly 2 others.
Anyone have a winch?

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 08-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
Diehard

2004 WJ 

There's the Wheelers for the Wounded event at River rock on Sept. 26th and 27th also.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #11
wfttalon
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitie_08 View Post
we dont like mud, and both of us drive our jeeps every day, so nothing too intense.

thanks for the info guys.
i drive my jeep everyday an love the mud!!!
wfttalon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #12
whitie_08
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie4 View Post
Anyone have a winch?
i havent seen one of the 2 other jeeps that might be going, but from what i have heard from my buddy it is built, so maybe on the winch. but as of now, no there is no winch. my friend with the jk does have one, but hasnt put it on his jeep yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfttalon View Post
i drive my jeep everyday an love the mud!!!
i meant it seperately. mud isnt fun to me, its boring. and the reason i said they are dds, is b/c i didnt want recommendations for a place to ride where all i am going to do is tear crap up. i understand carnage is part of it, but i dont want the guarentee.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.