4x4 SUPER STORE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > 4x4 SUPER STORE

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair1997 - 2001 Jeep Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 08-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

4x4 SUPER STORE

This has been kinda posted up on here earlier, I just wanted to give my 2c for what its worth. Toms 4x4 Superstore is an asset to the SE Tennessee, North Alabama and North Georgia area, as there are no 4x4 shops local to the areas mentioned that have the inventory and installation experience like that found at Toms 4x4 Superstore. It really means a lot being able to walk in to a shop and lay your hands on an item. Tom, is an over the top 4x4 junkie that is in tune with todays 4x4 market, always looking for what you and I want in an off road store. Tanner Norwood, aka Unii, is there to assist you with your purchase and any questions you might have with the vast inventory that you will be able to actually see as you walk through the doors. Parts installation and custom fabrication is handled by Tim Bacon. And who, local to this area, is not familiar with that name. From the 2in bb to the custom tube chassis buggy, this guy has it handled. From talking with Tom and just seeing the great turnout at the Grand opening it is easy to see that the store is off to a great start. I am just hoping that anyone that happens to catch this thread and hasn't had the opportunity to go there, does. Make the trip, check it out. You wont be disappointed. Lets get behind them and spread the word that there is a new asset in the area that will help you and I make our rigs all we can imagine. I am hoping we can help them in moving forward in this area and others, so we can all have a local 4x4 shop and can finally stop relying on the guy in the big brown truck. Help me keep this bumped to the top of the page by adding your pictures of your ride and any thing you might have gotten from Toms, or any rides you might have went on with them.
Welcome to Tom's 4x4 Superstore!
YouTube - Sally Finally Gets Her "Lift"
YouTube - Lucy's Lift!
YouTube - espn radio remote

Unread 08-14-2010, 11:51 AM   #2
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Todays trail ride will leave from the store @ 6:00pm ish.
Unread 08-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
TheTJCometh
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Good store... I like to think I helped pay part of the elctric bill with what I bought from there. I like the fact I can lay hands on a product before I buy it.
Unread 08-14-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Unii
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 08-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I think it's great we have another shop but just FYI I live in Chat and there are 3 other shops within 30 minutes. Thought it was kinda funny at the grand opening that Rugged Ridge was handing out flyers that listed a winch for $299 that Tom's sells for $399. But hey a man's gotta make a living.
Unread 08-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
Unii
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjmarc View Post
I think it's great we have another shop but just FYI I live in Chat and there are 3 other shops within 30 minutes. Thought it was kinda funny at the grand opening that Rugged Ridge was handing out flyers that listed a winch for $299 that Tom's sells for $399. But hey a man's gotta make a living.
actually, it 369, but order one fron 4wd and you'll pay 369 due to surcharges and shipping.
Unread 08-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Lets see. One being J&J and the other Ringold Off Road? And having been to both of their shops, I know first hand that they have little to no inventory. J&J does have experience in installing jeep parts, thats after you listen to them piss and moan about how you could do with out it. Which makes no sense to me. Ringold Off Road I am not sure how thats going now, with the big guy not there, but they never had inventory. Oh ya, then there was or is, Spicer. There is a lot of history there, but the last time I was there, the two guys there were so old that when we were talking jeep transfer cases, they wanted to know when they started making them driver side drop on the front output. Lets see, then there was Outback Off Road, went there one time too. A garage door and a regular door that went in to a room with a counter top and several pictures of off road stuff, that was it. If I left anyone out put them on here. Toms Off Road Superstore, being in the lets say rookie stage, is far ahead of the veteran shops that are, FOR NOW, still in the area.
Unread 08-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #8
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Wilson Performance, Steve's Offroad and TOR sells the winch for 299 with 50 bucks shipping. Just saying it looks bad when a vendor at your shop shows an ad for something you sell for 25% more than what they list it for. And I did say it was great we have another shop but was pointing out it wasn't the only one. Didn't mean to ruffle too many feathers and Spicer told me I was stupid for wanting to lift my XJ more than 3" and that they don't mess with them anyway so I don't really count them. There is also a shop in Rock Springs GA that has quite a bit of inventory as well but I don't remember the name of the place.
Unread 08-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #9
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Don't know, never heard of those places. No feathers ruffled. I have bought and sold lots of jeep parts and those places have never came up in any circles I have been around, till now. I will check them out and get back with a report on how they are.......
Unread 08-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
turtlerace
Best taken in small doses

1979 J-Series Truck 

I spent some of my money there. The guy behind the counter was very helpful in getting me stuff for my TJ, but laughed when I asked about stuff for my KJ!
Unread 08-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
Unii
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wilson Performance, Steve's Offroad and TOR sells the winch for 299 with 50 bucks shipping. Just saying it looks bad when a vendor at your shop shows an ad for something you sell for 25% more than what they list it for. And I did say it was great we have another shop but was pointing out it wasn't the only one. Didn't mean to ruffle too many feathers and Spicer told me I was stupid for wanting to lift my XJ more than 3" and that they don't mess with them anyway so I don't really count them. There is also a shop in Rock Springs GA that has quite a bit of inventory as well but I don't remember the name of the place.
no biggie, just saying when i bought mine from 4wd the advertise is for 300 but then there is 50 surcharge with 24.99 ground shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlerace View Post
I spent some of my money there. The guy behind the counter was very helpful in getting me stuff for my TJ, but laughed when I asked about stuff for my KJ!

I can't help it... haha
Unread 08-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #12
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Don't know, never heard of those places. No feathers ruffled. I have bought and sold lots of jeep parts and those places have never came up in any circles I have been around, till now. I will check them out and get back with a report on how they are.......
Wilson Performance is Travis Wilson's place, he runs a buggy in WERock and XRRA. It's in Dayton. He used to be the installer at Outback but he's been gone for a long time. Steve's is in Hixson and mostly a Toyota thing and TOR is Tennessee Offroad in Lebanon but also a forum (not exactly local but was just stating the thing about the price thing on the winch). As far as fab goes I'm sure many of us could fill a page with local tube benders.
Unread 08-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #13
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wilson Performance is Travis Wilson's place, he runs a buggy in WERock and XRRA. It's in Dayton. He used to be the installer at Outback but he's been gone for a long time. Steve's is in Hixson and mostly a Toyota thing and TOR is Tennessee Offroad in Lebanon but also a forum (not exactly local but was just stating the thing about the price thing on the winch). As far as fab goes I'm sure many of us could fill a page with local tube benders.
TOR, Tennessee Offroad, never bought from them, but you are correct, great forum. Good classified section.
Unread 08-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #14
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Forgot about Hudlow, Jeepsters and Grant's Offroad.
Unread 08-17-2010, 06:11 AM   #15
Unii
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Forgot about Hudlow, Jeepsters and Grant's Offroad.
We send Hudlow plenty of business, Jeepsters doesn't have the inventory that our store does, and I've never heard of Grants.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.