Where to live in San Antonio - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Where to live in San Antonio

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 11-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Icemanii
1983 CJ7 

Where to live in San Antonio

May be moving to the area for a while. Anyone suggest areas that are better to get a place in? Any areas I need to stay away from?

Be there by myself for the first few months if I go, and will only have a motorcycle with me so need somewhere it will be secure.

GLFWDA Land Use Committee Member
Icemanii is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
GreenLeader
1998 ZJ 

I lived in San Antonio for 6 years and hated every minute of it. But if you must live there, Thousand Oaks between 281 and 35 is a nice area. Anywhere near Sea World is pretty nice also. Just stay away from the east side and you'll be ok.
GreenLeader is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
TripLindy
1983 CJ7 

Lived there 24 years. Anywhere around IH35 north of 1604, the Garden Ridge or Selma Area. OR North 281 past 1604 Bulverde area. Make sure you check the police blotter as I have not lived there for some 11 years now but drive through it every week.
TripLindy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
BallerJeep
2003 TJ Wrangler 

taxes suck but the Heights, Olmos Park, and Terrel Hills areas are nice and safe.
Unread 12-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
conceitedjake
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I second that anywhere near the 1604 side of sea world is nice, if i had the money i would live in Helotes. Just don't live anywhere near Lackland or on the east side.
conceitedjake is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
CACooper
1985 CJ7 

I am a 3rd gen San Antonian. PM me with what you are looking for and I'll give you all of the details.

[QUOTE=Nuthin]...I have tentatively decided I actually enjoy this Cooper-person. Deal with it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=-Zona-]For some reason I keep underestimating you.[/QUOTE]
CACooper is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
Horacio
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I live right by Seaworld and its a nice area. All the stores and junk you need and at the edge of the awful traffic. For me, its 8 miles to the ranch so I'm thrilled living where I do.
Horacio is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.