Western Arkansas, Eastern Oklahoma - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Western Arkansas, Eastern Oklahoma

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 09-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
Alcatraz
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Western Arkansas, Eastern Oklahoma

There's several of us where I work looking for a good place to go in western Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma. We want to stay within a couple hours drive of Fort Smith, AR. Most of us have stock or mildly modified Jeeps that we want to wheel, but still have to get us to work on Monday. Some, like me, are even still making payments, so nothing above a 3 rated trail, probably more like a 2 rated would be fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Greg

Unread 09-27-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
blake989
1995 YJ Wrangler 

as of the last time I checked, both the ouachita and ozark national forests have begun their trail designation system, somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but until they designate the "official maps".. no more offroad/powerlines (unless you count gravel) in those national forests. There is Superlift ORV park in Hot Springs, take hwy 7 south off 40, great drive this time of year. There is another ORV park at Dogpatch (ozark mtn offroad park?)...but I've never been there. Byrds adventure park in Cass is supposed to have some "extreme motoring", check it out too....Hogan's Offroad Park either in Disney or Tulsa Oklahoma.
Unread 09-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
cadencedad
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey hackett i think you can up mount mag ill find out..
cadencedad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2007, 06:59 AM   #4
simplybao
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yo, I'm in the Fayetteville area and my parents live in Fort Smith so I'm down there all the time. I'd be interested in going wheeling with ya. I'm with you on the trails, I'm not looking for anything too wild but would love to do some wheeling in our area.

Hit me up if you find something or if you just wanna get together and meet and talk Jeeps
simplybao is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
Broken_Soldier
2008 JK Wrangler 

You could also head the other way and go up to Disney. There's a couple of off-limits areas around powerlines, but the rest is free-for-all wheelin. Great place to go.

Gruber recreation area is between braggs and muskogee (haven't been there, dunno what its like).

There's other places in eastern OK, but they probably aren't worth the drive.
Unread 10-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
Alcatraz
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think we're going to go to the Weyerhaeuser timber farm in McCurtain. It's about an hour from Fort Smith. They have about 5000 acres with logging trails, waterfalls, rock gardens, etc. A woman at work and her husband go out there often and have most of it gps mapped. I'm trying to get a group together at work. Not just Jeeps but fullsize trucks, atv's, etc. It's tentatively scheduled for Nov. 10. I'll try to keep the info updated. Let me know if you're interested in going.
Unread 10-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
02Prove

Next weekend 12-14 MidSouth Jeep Club will be in Super Lift ORV park. You guys are more than welcome to join us. Should be close to 30+ rigs out there from mild to wild. You can check us out on our website midsouthjeeps.com.
02Prove is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #8
CLASH
1995 ZJ 

superlift is a great park. well worth the drive from ft smith.
Unread 10-06-2007, 11:03 AM   #9
simplybao
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Keep me updated on the events, I'd love to come. I'll bring along my brother with his '96 Disco and my buddy with his 'zuki.
Unread 11-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #10
RenoosRemoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Soldier
You could also head the other way and go up to Disney. There's a couple of off-limits areas around powerlines, but the rest is free-for-all wheelin. Great place to go.

Gruber recreation area is between braggs and muskogee (haven't been there, dunno what its like).

There's other places in eastern OK, but they probably aren't worth the drive.
My wife and I live in Broken Arrow. She drives a TJ and I drive a 4-door JK. We've been to Camp Gruber near Braggs and Greenleaf Park many, many times.

Personally, I think it is a fantastic place to go off-roading. But, I must admit I favor the places closer to [our] home because we seldom have enough time for an all-day or several-day trip to go off-roading. We have six children, although most are grown. Between work, school, and family, we seldom get as much free-time as we would like for off-roading.

We camped at Greenleaf last summer and did a lot of "playing" @ Gruber. Our youngest son got my wife's jeep stuck in some mud and we had to leave it for the night. Then, of course, it rained pretty hard that night so we had a dickens of a time getting it out but we finally did. It was a great trip and our boys had a wonderful time.
RenoosRemoob is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2007, 10:19 PM   #11
LorenII
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Everyone is forgetting about Kiamichi @ Clayton OK

Old link but shows some of the trails Clayton
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #12
97casteeltj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

at the Gruber ORV park theres some pretty cool stuff not too harsh, its ranges from just bumpy trails to some moderate/extreme rocks, but i like it....i have a video on youtube you can see me there on some rocks....but i didn't video tape the trails, but theres a lot.
Unread 01-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #13
jeepraider
2005 TJ Wrangler 

there's suppose to be some trails over by keystone dam by manford.
jeepraider is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #14
simplybao
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Mill creek

there is some fun easy wheelin at Mill Creek in the NWA area. It's off of hwy 16 near where 16 and 23 (the pig trail). The trails are really narrow but it's not too hard.....I'm going over to Disney tomorrow so we'll see how fun that is.

This was a couple weekends ago at Mill Creek:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.