West Texas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > West Texas

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
texasjeep07
1999 TJ Wrangler 

West Texas

Hello Im in Monahans Texas-79756 and I was wondering if there are any other West Texans on here who would like to go wheelin sometime. thanks

texasjeep07 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
xjdoom
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i would be down, im in abilene though. is there any good places up by where you are? i thought there was some sort of sand or sand dunes or something like that up there.other than that i dont know of any other spots around you're area.

i just got my lift and tires on so im anxious to try em' out.
xjdoom is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
TexTiger
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I just found the West Texas Jeep Club today - http://www.westtexasjeepclub.com

Tim Fischer contacted me pretty soon after I filled out the form there and gave me some info. Might want to check that out, as they are setting up a trip down to the Big Bend area in a couple of weeks.

I'd be up for wheeling a bit too. Can we get in the state park and go up and down the dunes?

TexTiger
TexTiger is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #4
texasjeep07
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey sorry for the late reply. We cant go into the state park and wheel but there are some sand hills just southeast of here that you can drive in. The only bad thing is you arent required to have a flag and im always nervous about hitting someone on a 4-wheeler or one of them hitting me. Those sandhills are pretty much the only place to wheel around here. There is also a place to go wheeling in the sand in kermit which is about 20 mins from here.
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
texasjeep07
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTiger View Post
I just found the West Texas Jeep Club today - http://www.westtexasjeepclub.com

Tim Fischer contacted me pretty soon after I filled out the form there and gave me some info. Might want to check that out, as they are setting up a trip down to the Big Bend area in a couple of weeks.

I'd be up for wheeling a bit too. Can we get in the state park and go up and down the dunes?

TexTiger
I didnt know there was a West Texas offroad club. Thanks for the link Im about to fill out the form.
Unread 05-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
BioTex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjeep07 View Post
Hello Im in Monahans Texas-79756 and I was wondering if there are any other West Texans on here who would like to go wheelin sometime. thanks
Hi TexasJeep, I'm Eric. Live in Alpine. Have lots of room on our 40,000 acre ranch. Called Terlingua. Lots of fun...
06' TJ Rubicon, 4" R.C. springs, BFG/AT 35s M.C. 6" fenders, rockers and surrounds, Currie front & rear adj. tracbars, tattons DC rear shaft, adj. upper - lower CA's. Bilstein 5100's
YJ Buggy Build Current project. Stroker/FI ?
1990 MJ Comanche 4.0L AX15/np231
BioTex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
texasjeep07
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioTex View Post
Hi TexasJeep, I'm Eric. Live in Alpine. Have lots of room on our 40,000 acre ranch. Called Terlingua. Lots of fun...
Hello. How often do you go to Terlingua? I know some people here that take their jeeps there but Ive never talked to them about it. Hows the wheeling there? Thanks
Unread 05-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
BioTex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am 65 miles from the ranch, so only go when I have a need to get away. There is all sorts of terrain. Lots of mountains mostly just thousands of miles of dirt roads. You can follow into some creek beds with lots of sand, but kind of dangerous. Not a lot of people around to help if you break down. Very isolated. Lots of mesquite also, so flats are common if you go off the trails.

Google Terlingua Ranch Resort, they have a website. Our ranch is part of the larger Terlingua ranch, so as a property owner, we can ride anywhere we want, except for through closed gates. No kidding when I say Thousands of miles. Not exagerating. Bring lots of gas. Very isolated area.
06' TJ Rubicon, 4" R.C. springs, BFG/AT 35s M.C. 6" fenders, rockers and surrounds, Currie front & rear adj. tracbars, tattons DC rear shaft, adj. upper - lower CA's. Bilstein 5100's
YJ Buggy Build Current project. Stroker/FI ?
1990 MJ Comanche 4.0L AX15/np231

Last edited by BioTex; 05-10-2008 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: added last para.
BioTex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #9
texasjeep07
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm...This sounds like somewhere I need to visit. Thanks for all the help Ill probably be heading out there in the next couple of weeks.
Unread 06-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #10
zmanep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

El Paso Pics!!

Just went out this morning east of El Paso At Red Sands. Was alone but had fun![IMG]hitch hiker!
zmanep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #11
Gymguyjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hello to all!
Good to see that there are some west texas jeepers on this forum.

BioTex: I might be interested in coming to Alpine sometime and have you show me around.

Textiger and Texasjeep07: The West Texas Jeep Club is a great group of people. Unfortunately, they prefer to go to established parks in texas and we like to go to National Forest or BLM lands.

Our favorite place to wheel that is close: Lincoln National Forest/Guadalupe Sector west of Carlsbad NM. The forest is closed right now because of dry conditions, but would be glad for any of you to join us for a weekend sometime in the future.

1993 XJ Cherokee - 3" Lift, 31" tires
Previous Jeeps - 1981 CJ-5, 1985 CJ-7
Gymguyjeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #12
JRD917
1987 YJ Wrangler 

hey zmanep we are going to have too hook up sometime so you can show me some trails here in el paso ...... I just moved here a week ago and have no ideas where the trails are here .... I wanna get my jeep dirty and my KX 125 also !!! LOL
Unread 08-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #13
neatocj
1981 CJ5 

Hey this is awesome, I thought it was only me and a few other poor souls from el paso or around el paso on the forum. If you guys are down we can all get together and go play at the wall or the sac or red sand's on some weekend. Just p.m. me and we can arrange something.
'06 MegaCab Cummins- Great White
neatocj is offline   Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.