TX - Sam Houston National Forest - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > TX - Sam Houston National Forest

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 01-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
mitchlandry
2005 TJ Wrangler 

TX - Sam Houston National Forest

Has anyone been out on the park service roads? I'm in Houston, wondering if it's worth the drive to check them out.

Unread 02-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
TJRP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Me too, I've heard they are still open.
You have to buy an 8 dollar permit though, but that is good for the year. Thats what I've heard.
Unread 02-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I haven't been but have wanted to go, if you go let me know
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
MrOrange
2009 JK Wrangler 

Looks like there are still some OHV trails. I'm definitely interested in taking a look to see what's there.

Sam Houston National Forest - Multiple-Use Trail
5.13 gears, ARB front locker, Currie front shafts
Bushwacker flat flares, Rubicon rails with steps added
Unread 02-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

I look forward to a report on this....I have thought about this as well...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

Unread 02-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #6
UltimateCC
2005 LJ Wrangler 

same here, i have been wanting to check it out
Unread 02-26-2010, 03:51 AM   #7
cubsin2079
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Did any of you guys make it out to these trails??
Uniden 520proxl, Hella 500s, rock lights.
Unread 05-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
MrKnockaHoe

Went by the ranger station off of 1354 (West of New Waverly) today. Its a benefit of living in the woods. The very polite park ranger behind the desk informed me of: only atvs or motorcycles are allowed on the trails. We as street legal and over 50 inch wide vehicles are restricted to service roads. Dirt or otherwise. The one stipulation she informed me of was "don't cross any closed gates, logging roads are ok too." The few I hit on a regular basis are little more than washboard. The occasional fresh logging road is found here and there. As someone wo spends a lot of time in the national forest, I would recomend respecting hunting seasons and staying on the roads. It doesn't take much to get rangers to close off access these days.
Unread 07-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
Dlambright
1995 YJ Wrangler 

general sams off road park

you guys in houston looking for a good park, drive an hour north to huntsville. general sams off road park is alotta fun. lots of mud, ditches and creeks to crawl thru, even got a few rock hills. well worth the drive. i live 40 miles north of huntsville and run out there quite a bit. check out their website for more details and events

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.