Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

TX - Sam Houston National Forest

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Dlambright 
#1 ·
Has anyone been out on the park service roads? I'm in Houston, wondering if it's worth the drive to check them out.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I look forward to a report on this....I have thought about this as well...

#7 ·
Did any of you guys make it out to these trails??

#8 ·
Went by the ranger station off of 1354 (West of New Waverly) today. Its a benefit of living in the woods. The very polite park ranger behind the desk informed me of: only atvs or motorcycles are allowed on the trails. We as street legal and over 50 inch wide vehicles are restricted to service roads. Dirt or otherwise. The one stipulation she informed me of was "don't cross any closed gates, logging roads are ok too." The few I hit on a regular basis are little more than washboard. The occasional fresh logging road is found here and there. As someone wo spends a lot of time in the national forest, I would recomend respecting hunting seasons and staying on the roads. It doesn't take much to get rangers to close off access these days.

#9 ·
general sams off road park

you guys in houston looking for a good park, drive an hour north to huntsville. general sams off road park is alotta fun. lots of mud, ditches and creeks to crawl thru, even got a few rock hills. well worth the drive. i live 40 miles north of huntsville and run out there quite a bit. check out their website for more details and events

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.