TX - Crystal Beach Run - 03/13/10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > TX - Crystal Beach Run - 03/13/10

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #1
Fizzle1979
2010 JK Wrangler 

TX - Crystal Beach Run - 03/13/10

There are approximately 100+ Jeeps headed down to Crystal Beach on Saturday March 13, 2010 from several different online forums. It's basically going to be Jeepers caravanning down there and then cruising on the beach for a while to talk with other Jeepers and enjoy what hopefully will be decent weather. There is no set list of items to accomplish. Maybe it will bring some revenue back to Crystal Beach since Hurricane Ike.

There are several meeting places along I45 and Sabine Pass and High Island. So depending on where you live, you can join the caravan of Jeeps. Most people from the Houston area are caravanning down I45 to Galveston and taking the ferry across to Bolivar to get to Crystal Beach. I suggest getting to the ferry early to avoid long wait times. Others from the Beaumont area are meeting in Sabine Pass and riding along the beach where the old Highway 87 is washed out to get to Crystal Beach.

Some people have rented local hotels or beach cabins for the entire weekend or just Saturday night. There are only two working gas stations that I saw last weekend in Crystal Beach, so keep that in mind, might fill up on gas prior to getting to Crystal Beach. There are several stores to pick up ice, drinks, snacks, etc. Don’t forget your sun block and shades! Others have mentioned that it might not be the best environment to bring small children.

Note: Crystal Beach has a local law that requires you to have a Crystal Beach Parking Sticker if you PARK on the beach. If you plan on just driving on the beach and not PARKING on the beach, you are NOT required to have the sticker. It will be Spring Break at the beach and we have heard they will be checking parked cars for this sticker. I am told that if the “Sticker Checkers” find you do not have one, they will sell you one on the spot. Also keep in mind that driving on the beach is just like any road in TX and the roadway laws will more than likely be enforced. That means: no open containers in your Jeep, your Jeep must be inspected and have insurance.

Sticker's can be purchased at the local stores and real estate agencies in Crystal Beach for $10 if you don’t have to be bothered with it on the beach.

Bolivar Beach Parking Sticker Program - 2010

http://www.crystalbeach.com/parking2010.pdf

If anyone has any questions, post them here and I will do my best to get them answered for you.

| 2010 JK Unlimited Mountain | Rescue Green | Rugged Ridge Front Bumper | Rugged Ridge Winch Spacer | Rugged Ridge Rear Bumper | Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier | Warn Powerplant HD | Mopar Rock Sliders | Synergy Suspension Front & Rear Grab Handles | AEV 2.5" Lift | AEV Savegre Black Wheels | BFGR 35x12.50x17 KM2s | Rigid Dually LED | Boom Mat
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Man, from Corpus and still stuck in Germany. I don't get back to Texas until May? Anything happening in that time frame?
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Mino
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Can't wait! I hope the weather cooperates this weekend.
3" suspension lift, K&N cold air intake, Pro Comp MX6 shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects & Front Track Bar, Dynomax Cat-Back system, SYE kit, Pro Comp Rock Crawler Wheels, 33" BF Goodrich A/T, Aussie Locker, and Warn XD9000i winch
Unread 03-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
cj7guy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wow, I just found this. My spring break starts right before this.

Anyone else going from OK?
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
Fizzle1979
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7guy View Post

I haven't heard of anyone coming from OK. Most are from the Houston/Galveston/Beaumont areas.
| 2010 JK Unlimited Mountain | Rescue Green | Rugged Ridge Front Bumper | Rugged Ridge Winch Spacer | Rugged Ridge Rear Bumper | Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier | Warn Powerplant HD | Mopar Rock Sliders | Synergy Suspension Front & Rear Grab Handles | AEV 2.5" Lift | AEV Savegre Black Wheels | BFGR 35x12.50x17 KM2s | Rigid Dually LED | Boom Mat
Unread 03-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
vonhef
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7guy View Post

I am from Oklahoma... but am driving to Padre Island (not South Padre) to do some wheeling on the seashore. I have been planning this trip for months :^)
Unread 03-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
Fizzle1979
2010 JK Wrangler 

I guess I wasn't paying attention!

FYI -

Ferry Schedule:

Ferry Schedule

Ferry Wait Times:

Galveston Island-Port Bolivar Ferry Information

They have cameras you can look at to monitor traffic.
Unread 03-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #8
cubsin2079
2000 XJ Cherokee 

What time about is this going to start and go till?
Uniden 520proxl, Hella 500s, rock lights.
Unread 03-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
Fizzle1979
2010 JK Wrangler 

The plan is to roll down the beach from bolivar to Sabine Pass and back if possible and just hang out, fish, picnic, and have a good time with the Houston Jeep People family.

See you all there!!

**SOUTH SIDERS**

We will NOT be meeting at the Taco Cabana as previously planned. The ferry line will just be too long and it will take several ferries to get everyone across. At that rate, it will likely be after noon at best before we get to the other side. NEW PLAN......Same time, NEW location. Meet at the Subway parking lot on the Northeast corner of Dixie Farm Road @ I-45. This is just North or Clear Lake Dodge on the Northbound frontage road. We will meet there at 8:30AM and leave out no later than 9:00AM. The total trip should take less than 2 hours. We will go up I-45 to 610 to I-10 to Winnie. Anyone that cannot meet up with us there is welcome to take their own route.

**HOOTER's FM1960 & I-45 GROUP**

New plan for the Hooters Group is to go 1-10 East through Winnie, TX to totally avoid the ferry. Meetup at 8AM and leave no later than 8:15AM 2hr travel time to Crystal Beach puts everyone on the beach around 10AM.
Unread 03-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
Fizzle1979
2010 JK Wrangler 

Weather was awesome and tons of jeeps.
Unread 03-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #11
nu_yorka_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yeah I had an awesome time. There were jeeps everywhere.. the whole day was fun... except for the plane incident...
Unread 03-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #12
Fizzle1979
2010 JK Wrangler 

That pilot was an idiot. It's hit the news around here.
Unread 03-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #13
nu_yorka_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I saw that last night on the news. He is an idiot , I hope he gets his license pulled.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.