Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trying to go on my first trip!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rockeater124 
#1 ·
I only recently bought my jeep, two weeks ago, and I'm trying to go on my first off-roading trip. My jeep is nearly stock other than some 30 BFG A/T. Only problem is a I can't seem to figure out how to go about doing it. I live in North Dallas -75034, and I don't want to travel more than 200 miles. The first place I kept hearing about was Gilmer TX. I have been to their website but the link to the Barnwell Mountain area seems to be down so I have no idea where it is located or how to get in contact with managment. I have also looked at other places like Alto TX or Shiloh Ridge.

I need some help getting started as this will be my first trip! Any ORV parks that you would suggest would be great too!

#2 ·
Gilmer is your best bet if you are staying close to Dallas. We are having a run to Gilmer on Feb 22nd: http://www.lonestarjeepclub.org/board/showthread.php?t=17459
Come on out. Just make sure you have some decent recovery points on your Jeep (they should be there unless someone has removed the front/rear hooks. Bring some food and a CB radio if you have one and have some fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.