Trying to go on my first trip! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Trying to go on my first trip!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
BRC223
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Trying to go on my first trip!

I only recently bought my jeep, two weeks ago, and I'm trying to go on my first off-roading trip. My jeep is nearly stock other than some 30 BFG A/T. Only problem is a I can't seem to figure out how to go about doing it. I live in North Dallas -75034, and I don't want to travel more than 200 miles. The first place I kept hearing about was Gilmer TX. I have been to their website but the link to the Barnwell Mountain area seems to be down so I have no idea where it is located or how to get in contact with managment. I have also looked at other places like Alto TX or Shiloh Ridge.

I need some help getting started as this will be my first trip! Any ORV parks that you would suggest would be great too!

Unread 02-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
rudy99
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRC223 View Post
I only recently bought my jeep, two weeks ago, and I'm trying to go on my first off-roading trip. My jeep is nearly stock other than some 30 BFG A/T. Only problem is a I can't seem to figure out how to go about doing it. I live in North Dallas -75034, and I don't want to travel more than 200 miles. The first place I kept hearing about was Gilmer TX. I have been to their website but the link to the Barnwell Mountain area seems to be down so I have no idea where it is located or how to get in contact with managment. I have also looked at other places like Alto TX or Shiloh Ridge.

I need some help getting started as this will be my first trip! Any ORV parks that you would suggest would be great too!
Gilmer is your best bet if you are staying close to Dallas. We are having a run to Gilmer on Feb 22nd: http://www.lonestarjeepclub.org/boar...ad.php?t=17459
Come on out. Just make sure you have some decent recovery points on your Jeep (they should be there unless someone has removed the front/rear hooks. Bring some food and a CB radio if you have one and have some fun.
6-speed; D30/D44 w/3.73; 33"x12.5 MTRs; Skid Row Engine/Steering Skids; AtoZ Rockers and Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier; Rockcrusher and T&J Diff Covers; 4WheelCustoms 2.25" BB; M.O.R.E 1" MML; PA 1" BL; Mike Green LCA Skids; Uniden Pro510XL w/2' Firestik; Husky Floor Liners
Lone Star Jeep Club
Unread 02-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
Rockeater124
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Clayton, OK

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.