Trails in Ks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Trails in Ks

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
zu903
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Trails in Ks

anyone know of any good trails in the kcmo area?

Unread 08-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
thegris
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not really in the KC area, but 2 hours west is Tuttle Creek, maintained by the US Army Corps of Engineers, and 2 hours south is Kansas Rocks, which I hear is also awesome.

I go to Tuttle and love it.

There is also a distribution of other parks in Missouri
Unread 08-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
4wdparakeet
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Closest is going to be KS Rocks. Followed by Tuttle, SMORR, Flat nasty, Disney Ok, and a few others scattered through Mo that I'm missing. I am a park official for KS Rocks so I'm a little biased since I wheel there the most. Ks Rocks is a great place with some very technical stuff for the big boys all the way down to stuff a stock KJ can run without issue.

We do have a few events at the park coming up:

Sept 5th is the bi annual wheeling 101 class and night run

Sept 13th is the Fall Crawl. It's an novice rock crawling compitition.

Oct (forgot the date off the top of my head) is out Creepy Crawl. Family oriented with games for the kids, costume contest, and a haunted trail ride.

If you have any questions or more info on all these events check out Kansas Rocks Recreation Park

Parakeet

89 XJ that ain't much to look at but it get's me there and makes the wife jealous.

Used Part Whore --- Don't judge.
Unread 08-31-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

There are no legal places near KC. Hook up with the KCjeepclub if you are in the KC area. People will say there are legal places, but they are not legal. As stated KS rocks, Tuttle, and Fulton, MO are your best choices that are close.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
Unread 09-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #5
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

is there anything down near wichita other than kansas badlands? around el dorado would be even better
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
Skytard
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would also like to know if anyone knows of any close to wichita of east of wichita. Thanks
Unread 08-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #7
lateralus3
1994 ZJ 

the only two i know of are kansas rocks and tuttle creek and they are both about 2 hours away from me

1994 grand cherokee laredo 4.0 IRO 5.5 critical path long arm kit and OTK steering 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2's

high pinion dana 30 and 8.8 in garage
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/lateralus3s-slow-build-thread-1042086/"]my build thread[/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]FOR SALE ONE SET OF ZJ D44A AXLE SHAFTS $150 SHIPPED[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.