Trails around Kansas City, MO - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Trails around Kansas City, MO

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
officerholbrook
2012 JK Wrangler 

Trails around Kansas City, MO

Hello all,
I am the proud new owner of a 2001 TJ Wrangler and I am really new to this Jeep thing and I was looking for good (legal) places to go off-roading around here. I am located around the northland area I-29 and I-35 for you KC people. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and if anyone would like to go with that would be great too. (hoping to take this thing off road before winter hits, which if your from KC you know could be anytime now!)

Unread 10-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
jagular7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Check out your local 4wd clubs and shops. There really isn't any 'local' wheeling areas to the KC metro. There are several 4wd parks within couple hours of driving.

Clubs: kcjeepclub.org, kc4wda.net are ones I belong to. Each has a meeting and club ride once a month. Both clubs camp and wheel at the local parks as well as other wheeling areas within 4-5 hour drive.
Parks:
- kanrockspark.com is a private park near Ft. Scott (83 miles from my driveway). Open weekends only, minimum fee to enter.
- Tuttle Creek, Randolph, KS (outside Manhattan) is a park open to atvs and 4wds. Its operated by Army Corp.
- SMORR (Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch) smorr.net is a private park as well 1 hour east of Springfield, MO.

Then there is Disney, OK, Poteau, OK, and Arkansas trails, all within 5 hr drive.

There are several 4wd forums near KC also: the clubs have their own forums, trailkrawlers4x4.org, kansaskrawlers.com, and Brushbeaters.com (near Nevada/Ft.Scott).

Both clubs welcome new members. KCJp October run is to Kanrocks, Nov to Manhattan. KC4WDA October run is to Manhattan, November to SMORR.

Before attending any outing, both clubs have minor requirements for the vehicle. Tow hooks front/rear, seat belts for all passengers, spare tire, fire extinguisher, first aid are among the general requirements.

Jagular
Lnxa, KS
97 TJ SE lifted, locked and rubbered for fun
94 YJ SE stock, 225s, Trail Tested
Unread 10-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
officerholbrook
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks. I appreciate the advise. I'll check into some of the clubs. It just sucks there isn't more locally around here. Guess I'll have to move to Colorado where my heart is. Just have to find a job out there first...

Current: 2012 Black Rubicon (stock for now...)

Past: 2001 Black TJ Sport, 4.0L, NV3550, 31" BFG ATs
Unread 10-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #4
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

a bunch of us are going here : www.ksrockpark.com and ride on the 25th. tommorow if you want to meet us.
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
Unread 03-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
mkalig
2008 JK Wrangler 

Im in independence mo just out side of kc looking for jeep buddies n trails
PHILIPS VisionPlus (Clear) +50
Rugged Ridge RRC Rocker Guards
Unread 03-30-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
4wdparakeet
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Check out KCJC or Brushbeaters. Lots of good people with both clubs. Check out KS Rocks park. Ks Rocks is about the closest place to go. Check with the clubs there is usually somebody willing to go out when you are.

Parakeet

89 XJ that ain't much to look at but it get's me there and makes the wife jealous.

Used Part Whore --- Don't judge.
Unread 04-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #7
matt21484
2004 WJ 

I just found this on craigslist http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/1098427441.html, its across the state north of O'Fallon, MO by about 45 minutes. I've never been there, anybody want to chime in on this place?
Blue Jeep Club Member #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlynd1978 View Post
Any one who tells me it "can fit" is the person i ask to find me some one more knowledgeable about what im looking for. I mean, diesel can fit in your gas tank, Trans fluid fits in your oil pan, fat women fit in your bed. Just cause it can doesnt mean you should.
Unread 05-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
GEM1N1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdparakeet View Post
Check out KCJC or Brushbeaters. Lots of good people with both clubs. Check out KS Rocks park. Ks Rocks is about the closest place to go. Check with the clubs there is usually somebody willing to go out when you are.

Parakeet
Is Ks Rocks pretty good? I have a 2"bb on 32's. Is that enough not to be getting stuck all the time out there?
Unread 05-17-2009, 11:03 PM   #9
4wdparakeet
1989 XJ Cherokee 

There is plenty to do at KS Rocks. If it's wet it's more challengening and an easy trail can easily turn into a medium or hard trail. Trails change and we try and keep up with it but it's not easy. All I can really tell you is come to the park and hit a few trails. If you see something that you don't feel comfy doing then don't turn around or take the bypass. Oh yeah and make sure you don't wheel by yourself. That's when people get stuck the worse. If you are coming from Dallas then I would say stop at some of the other parks along the way too. You could hit Disney, OK then SMORR outside of Springfield, Mo, then you could hit KS Rocks.

Parakeet

89 XJ that ain't much to look at but it get's me there and makes the wife jealous.

Used Part Whore --- Don't judge.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.