Tow truck or Repo man in Austin TX - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Tow truck or Repo man in Austin TX

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 06-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
snowrydr01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tow truck or Repo man in Austin TX

I know its a shot in the dark but does anyone work for a repo company? Since moving down here and being shocked how much more jeeps are im looking for other, outside of the box, options for aquireing a jeep and id like to just buy a repod one from a credit union before it makes it to the auction process.

Unread 07-23-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
edaw
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I work as a collection manager for a finance company. Most law requires the finance company to sell their repossessed vehicle at a dealerís auction so they can collect on the deficiency balance. The ones that donít sell at auction resell their cars on their lote (tote the note/ dealer financed). See if anyone has a dealer license and would be willing to hit auction for you. You might also search for an auto broker which is someone who searches for the vehicle of your choice for a small fee.

Also, check out http://dfwcarsforkids.org/home.asp or your local police auction. DFW cars for kids accept donations which is a tax right off for the owner. They vehicles are then auctioned on Saturday. I have seen some car that need a little help sell for $25. You might find a nice project there is you are willing to put the time in. The vehicle listing is available Friday.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.