Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree in Llano, TX - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree in Llano, TX

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-19-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
Tommy R
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree in Llano, TX

Is anyone else from the forum attending the Jeep Jamboree in Llano next weekend? If so, post up! We've got a group from Austin heading that way. With the new "Trails Only" option, the Jamboree has gotten almost affordable.

Can't wait to get onto Inks Ranch again!

Tommy

Unread 03-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

nope cant say i am going... yet my jeep could not go out there because im not lifted but i would not wanna pay i saw how much they charge and i was blown away from the cost!!! but i got a ranch out there and there are some spots where i can have fun for free...
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
Tommy R
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well, most of us don't have ranches on which we can play and since Texas has NO public land for offroading access, we have to pay. And yes, JJUSA events are overpriced, but if I can afford it I always try to make it because they're well run and Inks Ranch is a truly spectacular place unlike any other ranch I've been in Texas. Anyway, I don't intend for this to be a topic on the costs of a JJ. I'm just interested in who is going.

Tommy
Unread 03-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
smcginnis87
4X4WK

2007 WK 

cool stuff i would have people out at my place from here.... its not anyting crazy but its fun stuff to go do
Unread 03-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Well, most of us don't have ranches on which we can play and since Texas has NO public land for offroading access, we have to pay. And yes, JJUSA events are overpriced, but if I can afford it I always try to make it because they're well run and Inks Ranch is a truly spectacular place unlike any other ranch I've been in Texas. Anyway, I don't intend for this to be a topic on the costs of a JJ. I'm just interested in who is going.

Tommy
Well said! I hate to discuss Jamborees due to most people start a topic about the cost EVERY time. It's not for everyone, but several of the places are on private ground that can't be accessed any other time of the year. I love Gateway to the Cumberlands for this reason. I'm at a point in my life where I can afford to go to 1-2 a year and I work overtime at work or odd jobs on the side to supplement my Jeep trips.

Have fun!! I hope to go there sometime also.
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
bfaneros
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't meet the qualifications (too big!), Just out of curiousity how much is it?
bfaneros is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Tommy R
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The normal price is nearly $300 which also includes all your meals. Thankfully, the JJUSA folks have introduced a "trails only" option this year. It's $150 and you provide your own meals, which is fine with us 'cause we like to grill our own stuff anyway.

I know folks who are beyond the tire limit and they run it. The events are typically geared toward milder rigs which, I think, is the only reason there's a max tire size limit. But I know guys who've run on 40's. Lots of the trail guides are running 42's and 44's. If you're interested in running, I don't know that I would let your tire size prevent you...
Unread 03-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
bfaneros
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to go but this year its just not going to happen, Next year will be full of events that I go to. Too much going on this year plus its over 5 hours away from me !
Unread 03-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #9
r_unda

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I will be there. I also paid for the “trails only” option. I understand that it includes Friday’s and Saturday’s dinner, or am I wrong? I have never been to a Jamboree so I am expecting the best. My friend that has a FJ is going with his wife on my Wrangler. We bought 4 “trails only” but paid for 3, seems like a good deal to me. I don’t have any rocks here in Corpus Christi so it’s worth it for me.

2011 WK2 HEMI 4x4 Overland
2007 WK CRD 4x4 Limited GDE Tuned
1998 TJ SE
1973 CJ5 - YJ OME 2.5" lift, 33" tires
1951 Willys truck
r_unda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
Tommy R
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It's confusing, but I think for the $150 trails-only fee, no meals are included at all. Be sure to look for us. We're going to have a good sized group camping near the event headquarters. If you'd like to meet up, just look for the yellow and blue "LSU" Jeeps and ask around for me. Hopefully someone will know where I am and we can grab a beer.
Unread 03-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #11
bfaneros
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Already planning the trip for September, the boss ( my wife ) said its a go!
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #12
r_unda

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
It's confusing, but I think for the $150 trails-only fee, no meals are included at all. Be sure to look for us. We're going to have a good sized group camping near the event headquarters. If you'd like to meet up, just look for the yellow and blue "LSU" Jeeps and ask around for me. Hopefully someone will know where I am and we can grab a beer.
Cool. I will look for you. I will be camping also. I will be on a Gunmetal Pearl Coat (light blue) Wrangler with the word "LLANERO" on the hood like the rubicon sticker.

2011 WK2 HEMI 4x4 Overland
2007 WK CRD 4x4 Limited GDE Tuned
1998 TJ SE
1973 CJ5 - YJ OME 2.5" lift, 33" tires
1951 Willys truck
r_unda is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #13
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Texas Spur... I never miss it.
661 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #14
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfaneros View Post
I don't meet the qualifications (too big!), Just out of curiousity how much is it?
The "rules" about lift/tire size don't mean a thing. There will be MUCH larger rigs out there than what you're rockin'... trust me.
661 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #15
2004 TJ Wrangler 

How was it? Post some pics!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.