St. Louis Jeepers Here???? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > St. Louis Jeepers Here????

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 06-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #76
Jbecker
2005 TJ Wrangler 

tbick, I saw your jeep at Hellbent! Actually, I've been seeing it since you dropped it off...
I work behind Hellbent, I can see the shop from my window.
Glad to hear they do good work. When the funds allow my TJ will be there for gears when I do my lift.

Unread 07-02-2010, 03:02 AM   #77
ZINjeepman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just finished putting on my lift kit about 2 weeks ago and might head out to a buddys farm to do some small off road driving this weekend, nothing major ,to test it out. Has anyone hit the lets go nutzs park out in Troy, MO. I was thinking of hitting it in two weeks on the saturday or sunday. Not set plans, but just thinking its so freaking close it would be worth just seeing how it is. Anyways, here is my build and yes i know i only have 33's. Will get 35's once fall comes and i get to work side jobs again. later ....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/9...g-arm-1033589/
Unread 07-02-2010, 06:47 AM   #78
cantalin
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wow! ZINjeepman, nice rig. No, I haven't been to lets go nutz. Sorry no help there. But nice jeep. You should have no problem wheeling in that thing. I am always jealous of those of you that have the skill, resources and location to work on your jeeps. I am one of those guys who keep the retail shops in business.
Unread 07-06-2010, 04:51 AM   #79
mcgyverit
1997 TJ Wrangler 

went down to Wash-ita on Monday and did a little trail riding, saw several Jeeps out there, anyone from here?
Unread 07-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #80
Jbecker
2005 TJ Wrangler 

St. Louis area guys, I have a quick one for ya.

Are there any reputable shops that I could take my front drive shaft to? I don't really want to have someone else rebuild it, but if the price is decent I'd love to avoid the headache. Plus the stupid autoparts stores around me look at me like I'm crazy when I ask for the centering ball kit.

I work right next to Hellbent, but I dunno if they would do a small job like that.
Unread 07-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #81
ZINjeepman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

give inland truck parts a call, they are in st. charles, mo. My buddy used them to build his front and rear drive shaft. it was a good price, however he did it under his dealer cost. Anyways they built him a drive shaft in a few hours. I would not think a rebuild would be real expensive, but who knows.
Unread 07-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #82
iwishihadajeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyverit View Post
I have been to Wash-ita park, great place. several levels of trails. you can go it alone on a relatively mild day, just take the easy trails.

dont go alone if there is a threat of severe weather in the area, or when the sky gets so dark that you have to have your headlights on high at 2 in the afternoon, or when it is raining so hard that the ruts have white caps running down them, or when you have to have the wipers on high just to see and all of that makes crossing the creek to get out of the park a little hairy. Speaking from experience.

But made a heck of an adventure!!

BTW, located in St. Peters.
got any pics of your rig im also in st pete.
Unread 07-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #83
Jbecker
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks ZIN. I went out there a few days ago to get the centering ball kit. Much to my dismay, they close at 5... Guess I'll just need to leave work earlier.
Unread 07-09-2010, 06:45 AM   #84
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbecker View Post
St. Louis area guys, I have a quick one for ya.

Are there any reputable shops that I could take my front drive shaft to? I don't really want to have someone else rebuild it, but if the price is decent I'd love to avoid the headache. Plus the stupid autoparts stores around me look at me like I'm crazy when I ask for the centering ball kit.

I work right next to Hellbent, but I dunno if they would do a small job like that.
there is GDS 4x4 in Maryville IL that specializes in drive shafts. also Axleboy in st. peters
Unread 07-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #85
briguy3030
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hello all,
myself & another buddy will be going down to Flat Nasty in Jadwin, MO Thursday night, July29th to wheel on the 3oth. Camp & float on the 31st & leave on the 1st. This is an annual trip float trip w/ a group of friends but there are usually a few of us w/ TJ's whom go early to hit up Flat Nasty. I will be wheel'n my Rubi for the first time w/ the 3.5 RK lift & 33's that I will be installing next weekend; NO MORE STOCK WHEEL'N

If anybody is interested in joining us please hit me up; the more the merrier

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take."
-Wayne Gretzky
Unread 07-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #86
ZINjeepman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

gonna go hit letz go nutz offroad in the troy, mo area Sunday morning. I will let everyone konw how it is. Its only about 20/25 minutes from my house and i think its like 5 bucks to get in. worth a shot. Anyways, hopefully the LA kit i put on my jeep will live up to my expectation. If anyone runs across any great deals on 35's let me know. if anyone else is up there, we should be in my blue wrangler and a red rokee with longarms. later
Unread 07-18-2010, 12:02 AM   #87
rangle
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I plan on going to wash!ta in the fall sometime, as soon as the jeep gets new or new to me 31's these are waaaay to bald, I feel unsafe driving with em now lol.
Unread 07-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #88
ZINjeepman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

why is it everytime i plan on going wheeling, it freaking rains. looks like there is a few hours it will die down a little. still plan on heading out there today.
Unread 07-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #89
ZINjeepman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

the park in folley was not too bad. 10 bucks a person. it poured that morning so if was muddy. Overall decent trails. good hils. the trails are not marked, just a bunch of trails you can drive on. not sure if there is a map you can download or get from them. no map was provided when we went. It seemed like there is one main path that has a bunch of side paths off of it. For as close as it is, it was worth it.
Unread 08-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #90
tbick
1998 ZJ 

I agree about troy. It is so close that you can choose to go last minute and still get home in time to do other things like mow the lawn or something. I was thinking that this Sunday I might try to get out there. Cage is is in and the jeep is ready. Might have the 7 inch springs and front long arms by then but probably not.
99 XJ 4.0 2 door, V8 springs + 2 inch BB for 3.5 up front and bastard packed in back for 5 inches and 31 x 10.50

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.