SMORR (Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > SMORR (Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch)

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
xkuzme1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

SMORR (Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch)

So me and a family member went to SMORR in Seymore, MO SMORR, Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch - Home this last weekend. We had a great time and the trails are amazing. The trails are rated 1-5 (with #1 being the easiest). Most of the 2's should be upgraded to 3's and most of the 3's should be upgraded to 4's. The speed channel had been out a couple of weeks before and shot a race so some of the trails were pretty torn up. The main road to the bigger trails was the #1's mainly. The further off of the number 1's, we got, the condition of the trails was better.

We were the only stock Jeepers in the entire place that weekend (that I seen). There were some really impressive rigs to look at and drool over and a lot of fun watching some of the rigs go up the bigger things that our stock Jeeps would not have made it up. I am really impressed with what our stock rigs were able to do.

Between our two Jeeps we had a 1) 2006 Rubicon completely stock 2) 2000 Sahara with a two inch lift and a 10,000 HF winch, LS Rear Dif. It was really a good time.

One thing I was really surprised about was how clickish everyone was. We were friendly with everyone we saw, offered drinks, asked questions about their rigs, and people were really just not friendly (accept for the staff... they were great). I was kind of bummed. I am used to hanging around airports where everyone is friendly and love to talk about their airplanes. I figured there would be a lot of similarity.

All in all, a great weekend. Nobody was hurt, no bad scrapes on the Jeeps, we had a good time. It could be an expensive weekend though as now we are planning our next round of upgrades.

If you are looking for a good place to wheel... try em out.

X

Ask me why you should not buy anything from 4 Wheel Online
Unread 09-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
Hashbrown
Blissfully Unaware

1980 CJ7 

I really hate that you thought it was " clickish " we are at SMORR almost every weekend . We go out of are way to make sure new people have a good experience . If you get a chance to come back please contact me i will take you out personally . The owners at SMORR are great people you must have not met any of the regulars . Be sure to send a message before you go back you can hang with our group ! I have a f couple videos on my page at SMORR check them out . Jeff Redford
Unread 09-07-2010, 06:27 AM   #3
xkuzme1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cheers Jeff. Ill do that. It was a great time and the staff was awesome. We will have to have a couple of beers next time I go. AND I WILL GO AGAIN!

X

Ask me why you should not buy anything from 4 Wheel Online
Unread 10-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
RedRock527
1996 ZJ 

SMORR is awesome and when I went every one was very very friendly. A group of guys took us on a bunch of trails that they knew we could handle and that we wouldn't tear up our rigs on. (All DD Jeeps) The staff was very friendly too.

Glad you had a good time on the trails though.
Unread 10-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I can also been seen around there, and have never ignored anyone. Hell we normally go on our own and just run with folks we meet there (me, wife and kids). I have never ran into the "clicky" crowd, must have been an annual butthead run?
An excellent park with second to none facilities IMHO.

Martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.