Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

ouray in july

834 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  catskinner2 
#1 ·
Anyone gonna be up in Ouray july 17-18-19th?

#2 ·
As a matter of fact I am going to be there all that week. Arriving on the 17th and leaving on the 22nd I think for a week in Moab.

I am planning on doing as many of the following trails as I can:

Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass, Engineer Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, Poughkeepsie Gulch and a few others around Animas Forks.

There will be another TJ and a Grand Cherokee in the group. Not sure if they are going to join me on all of those trails though. If they don't want to go on a particular trail it's not going to stop me from going. You are free to join me if you like. The more the merrier. Have you ever been there before?

#3 ·
Yes I go up there every year for the past several years. I will have all day sat-17 sun-18 mon-19 just me on sat. I have a friend coming up on sat eve. I have black tj he has a redish orange lifted liberty. Where you staying? im staying at best western. I was thinkin black bear saturday not sure though?

#4 ·
I'm not sure where we are staying with the Motorhome. Either the KOA, The 4j Campground downtown or up in the Amphitheater.

I'll be arriving in Ouray around noon or so on Saturday. If I go anywhere on Sat it will probably be the Red Mountain Mining area.

#5 ·
I will be arriving in the area on the 18th with a group of friends. There will be a green JK, my orange TJ, and possibly a third 4wd pick-up. This is my first trip to the area in a Jeep... so am really looking forward to it.

We are planning to primative camp several nights... so perhaps we will see you on the trails. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.