Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Ouray,Co camping

788 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  k-town 
#1 ·
I'm planning my vacation for next summer (july) out around the ouray and surrounding area with my 2 kids.
Can anyone that has camped out there point me in the right direction for a good campground out that way. Need to be somewhat close to civilization, safe and clean and must have showers available. Thanks

#2 ·
You can't go wrong with the 4J+1+1. It is less than a 5 minute walk from the center of town. It has sites for campers and tents and the bahtrooms and showers are very nice and cleaned daily. I've stayed there all 4 times I have been in Ouray, most recently a month ago.

It's great becuase it is so close. If you have someone who doesn't join you on the trails they can go into town or walk over to the Hot Springs to swim. They have decent WiFi access too. They don't have laundy facilities there but there is a laundromat about 50 yards from the entrance.

#4 ·
Are you going to be tent camping? When I was there I met up with a fellow JF'er who was in a tent and he didn't have any issues with his stuff when he was gone for the day. Also talked with a few other people in tents during my time there and nobody mentioned anything about their sites and stuff getting messed with. There is a public street that separates the tent area from the RV area so there was always some traffic during the day. It's not like the main street in town or anything. I don't think you would have anything to worry about camping there.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info. I was reading other websites various reviews and nothing negative. Much cheaper spending $20 a night versus $100 at a hotel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.