oklahoma ??? - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > oklahoma ???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 09-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #121
nichboy
1985 CJ7 

Can any of you guys or gals living in OKC recommend a good mechanic,preferably on the north side of the city or Edmond.
Thanks

Unread 09-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #122
Jantelagom
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichboy View Post
Can any of you guys or gals living in OKC recommend a good mechanic,preferably on the north side of the city or Edmond.
Thanks
I live in NW OKC near Lake Hefner. I have always used Christian Brothers on Hefner Road near the Rockwell intersection. They've been great with my family's cars, but I have not taken my Jeep to them before. I believe they have a few different locations.
Unread 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #123
nichboy
1985 CJ7 

jantelagom, I know exactly where they are located I live around Francis Tuttle Vo-Tech, didn't know if they worked on old jeeps. I'll stop by and visit them. Thanks
Unread 09-13-2010, 07:15 PM   #124
CSCmrwizard
1982 CJ5 

it kinda suck we live in OK and its so far apart
82 CJ5
Unread 10-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #125
crzdmnky
1977 CJ5 

Yeah no kidding wizard.
Unread 11-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #126
prerunner1982
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichboy View Post
jantelagom, I know exactly where they are located I live around Francis Tuttle Vo-Tech, didn't know if they worked on old jeeps. I'll stop by and visit them. Thanks
Christian Brothers is in Edmond as well on Santa fe just south of Danforth.
Unread 11-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #127
prerunner1982
1993 XJ Cherokee 

<---Edmond here.

Stock XJ Daily Driver though so it doesn't really get wheeled.
Unread 11-11-2010, 06:28 AM   #128
nichboy
1985 CJ7 

Don't know if any of you guys used Glyn's jeep service on 39th and rockwell but went by there yesterday and he is out of business, i've used him for 30 years. So i'm trying out christian brothers, will let you know how there service is.
Unread 11-14-2010, 11:57 AM   #129
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Can anyone in the Tulsa Metro point me in the direction of a good shop to buy tires from. I'm looking for something good in the 33" size and I haven't bought up here before.
Unread 11-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #130
irishgearhead
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogTJ View Post
Can anyone in the Tulsa Metro point me in the direction of a good shop to buy tires from. I'm looking for something good in the 33" size and I haven't bought up here before.
what kind of tires are u looking for? mt, at, brand specific?
Unread 11-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #131
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've been rollin' on Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs and liked them. They held up pretty good and only cupped bad on two cause I didn't rotate them early enough. I'll run a decent AT as long as it does ok in mud and stuff. The only offroad tire I've had was the above Baja...so any advice or experience would be helpful!
Unread 11-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #132
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've been rollin' on Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs and liked them. They held up pretty good and only cupped bad on two cause I didn't rotate them early enough. I'll run a decent AT as long as it does ok in mud and stuff. The only offroad tire I've had was the above Baja...so any advice or experience would be helpful!
Go to 4WP. They will price match treadepot.con. I'm getting 4 35x12.5r15 Goodyear MT/Rs that way for 183 a pop + tax & mount and balance, whereas everywhere else charges 225-230 per tire not including tax or shipping + mount and balance.
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
Unread 11-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #133
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
Go to 4WP. They will price match treadepot.con. I'm getting 4 35x12.5r15 Goodyear MT/Rs that way for 183 a pop + tax & mount and balance, whereas everywhere else charges 225-230 per tire not including tax or shipping + mount and balance.
Thanks Kenny. I know the website and is that the shop outa Moore? I've gotten parts there before but not tires. Have you had the MT/Rs before? I've heard good things and they're a big more AT than the Mud centered Baja's I'm running now. Might be a bit more friendly on a DD.
Unread 11-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #134
kennyboobear
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks Kenny. I know the website and is that the shop outa Moore? I've gotten parts there before but not tires. Have you had the MT/Rs before? I've heard good things and they're a big more AT than the Mud centered Baja's I'm running now. Might be a bit more friendly on a DD.
My best understanding is that the MT/R is a great DD tire while also being one of the best tires you can get for rocks. I hear the lugs do well in mud and they clean out nicely too, though I've never owned them myself. Few friends have them and love them, and the thick sidewalls are exactly why I'm grabbing them up. The jagged rocks up in Colorado will require some beef on the sidewalls. I believe MT/R stands for Maximum Traction/Radial, if I'm not mistaken, though I could be wrong, but to answer your question in short, it's basically a hybrid between an AT and MT that works very good on slippery conditions and rocks and doubles as a stable, fairly quiet (considering other MTs) tire on the road. Hope this helps some.
[COLOR="DimGray"]SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #46[/COLOR]
[I][B]Get [/B][/I][B][COLOR="DimGray"][URL="http://www.savvyoffroad.com/"]Savvy.[/URL][/COLOR][/B][I][B][/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/SFFCustoms"]SFF Customs[/URL]

[QUOTE=GraKee99;10375372]Driving on snow is a lot like sex, it's a lot of fun but if you don't pay attention, you can really mess up someone's rear end.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Gene Mooneyham]Not to burst your bubble, but California gets worse every year. Liberals, and illegals have ruined any chance California had to get turned around, it's a sinking ship.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/finally-2000-tj-slow-build-very-slow-947018/"]My 2000 Silverstone TJ Build[/URL]
Unread 11-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #135
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboobear View Post
My best understanding is that the MT/R is a great DD tire while also being one of the best tires you can get for rocks. I hear the lugs do well in mud and they clean out nicely too, though I've never owned them myself. Few friends have them and love them, and the thick sidewalls are exactly why I'm grabbing them up. The jagged rocks up in Colorado will require some beef on the sidewalls. I believe MT/R stands for Maximum Traction/Radial, if I'm not mistaken, though I could be wrong, but to answer your question in short, it's basically a hybrid between an AT and MT that works very good on slippery conditions and rocks and doubles as a stable, fairly quiet (considering other MTs) tire on the road. Hope this helps some.
Thanks bud!! Funny the majority of my real "wheelin" is in the mountains of Colorado too!! Let me know what you think when you get yours mounted. I have to wait at least one more pay period so I can pay cash for them. I'll be sticking with 33s again till I can afford to do axel upgrades after college.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.