off road shop near leavenworth ks, or kc mo.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > off road shop near leavenworth ks, or kc mo....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 12-31-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
medicbear
2007 JK Wrangler 

off road shop near leavenworth ks, or kc mo....

Anyone know of one that has stuff instock and prices are decent...

www.militaryjeepers.com come check us out
medicbear is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
4wdparakeet
1989 XJ Cherokee 

4x4land in Topeka. They are about the best there is. Mike the owner is a great guy that wheels his stuff just like everybody else. He will take care of you.

Parakeet
4wdparakeet is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
medicbear
2007 JK Wrangler 

cool thanks got any suggestions on how to get my XJ that wont start from Mich to here? lol
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
4wdparakeet
1989 XJ Cherokee 

rent a dolly from uhaul and a truck from enterprise and tow it back.

Parakeet
Unread 01-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
97ZJMAN242
1997 ZJ 

4x4 Land is the best around. we've wheeled with mike a few times and hes a great guy. loves what he does and knows his stuff.
97ZJMAN242 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #6
JohnnyEpic
1993 XJ Cherokee 

How about shops around KC. I only know of Chux Trux but they're pretty pricey and not really as Jeep stuff friendly as shops in Springfield when I went to school down there.
Recovery: Rock Lizard Rock Monitor Front Bumper | Drawtite Rear Hitch | Hi-Lift All Cast 48" | Hi-Lift Wheel Adapter
Lights: Four 6" Round 100 watt lights | Two rectangular backup lights | Two Hella 500FF lights on front bumper
Other: Surco 45x50 Sarari Rack | Tranny cooler | Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seat Covers
Coming Soon: Detours USA Tailbone Tire-Carrier | AJ's Super Rock Rails
JohnnyEpic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
medicbear
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyEpic View Post
How about shops around KC. I only know of Chux Trux but they're pretty pricey and not really as Jeep stuff friendly as shops in Springfield when I went to school down there.
yea didnt care for em either... told me they refused to sell or install RC cause they are crap and cant guarantee the saftey i told him extreme 4x4 has used RC on a few vehicles and I have one on my XJ for some time no problems.. kinda rubbed me the wrong way... anyone know of any trails or spots to get muddy locally?
Unread 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
medicbear
2007 JK Wrangler 

hopefully my xj will be here soon
Unread 01-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
4wdparakeet
1989 XJ Cherokee 

There is quite a few places to go within 4 or 5 hours. The closest is probally KS Rocks Park outside of Ft Scott, KS. You also have manhattan, KS there is Tuttle Creek. Then you have Disney, D-Day in OK, Flat Nasty closer to the east side of MO, Hannible Rocks in the NE corner of MO, I think there are some more but I don't remember all of them.

Ks Rocks is the only one I've been to so someone else will have to chime in on others. Ks Rocks is a 210 acre park with lots of stuff to do. They have about 65 trails and such. Most of it's trails with rocky inclines but there are some bottomless mudpits.www.ksrockspark.com

Parakeet
Unread 03-14-2009, 07:09 PM   #10
Ironwind1972
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicbear View Post
yea didnt care for em either... told me they refused to sell or install RC cause they are crap and cant guarantee the saftey i told him extreme 4x4 has used RC on a few vehicles and I have one on my XJ for some time no problems.. kinda rubbed me the wrong way... anyone know of any trails or spots to get muddy locally?
Told me the exact same thing when the Gladstone shop first opened. Even the basic RC kit is as good as Zone, pro comp, superlift, etc. The newer X series is as good if not better than RE superflex imo. RE joints are known weak points on their lifts.
Ironwind1972 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #11
yellowford
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Theres also expert off road in Topeka, 4x4land is my favorite place though, I did have to buy my hi lift from chux but normally I try to avoid them.
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #12
4wdparakeet
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Mike at 4x4Land is the best in the area. Expert not so much. They sell alot of accessorys to the local clubs but I wouldn't leave my jeep in thier shops care. If I'm not doing the work to 4x4Land will be.

Don't waste your time with Chux Sux. If it aint a big show truck they are worthless. They are also more expensive than most.

IMHO 4x4Land is well worth the drive. It's only an hour or so from KC but he will take care of you.

Parakeet

89 XJ that ain't much to look at but it get's me there and makes the wife jealous.

Used Part Whore --- Don't judge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.