NWA Area Cookout Atendance Thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > NWA Area Cookout Atendance Thread

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 07-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
godfather1138

NWA Area Cookout Atendance Thread (UPDATED WITH CHANGES)

EDIT: After talking with ozarkarmor about the current conditions at Mark Twain I am in agreement with his plans to head out to Disney, OK. He has reserved a campsite with power for an air compressor, and has welcomed anyone and everyone to join in the fun.

I will post details on when we are heading up there, and the exact location of the campsite after I have more time to talk to OA about it later in the week. We are still planning on cooking out, and I am told the campsite is very close to the trail head so it should be a great weekend.

Let me know if you can still come and I will create a new attendance list.

Thanks, and sorry about the last minute change of plans.

We are planning to have a cookout next Saturday (the 19th) at Roaring River Park. I plan to arrive a little after 10am to get the fires going and secure our spot. Following the food we will be hitting some new (to us) trails that OzarkArmor ran across the other day (Rock Creek). Several of us are also planning on camping out in the area after the wheeling is finished at Big M Marina/Campground.

Thanks for the site info OA.

I will edit this post with GPS coordinates for meeting areas, eating areas, trails, and campsites as they become available.

Please reply to this thread if you plan to attend, and let us know what you can contribute to the cookout. Also, if you will let us know if you plan to camp with us we are working on getting several sites together.

Attending/Camping- bringing:

Godfather1138/yes- Large cooler with ice and drinks (please post if there is a specific soft drink you would like to have) Also charcoal and fluid for grills.

ozarkarmor/yes - grill

ARXJ +1/no - burger meat and brats

Thanks guys. It is already sounding like we are going to have a good turnout so this should be a lot of fun.

Last edited by godfather1138; 07-16-2008 at 03:21 PM..
godfather1138 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #2
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

Attending - Tentative.

Supposed (key word) to be helping my cousin and her fiance move, but I'm gonna try to cut it off early enough to get out there...if nothing else, for the trails.
Big_Fisch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
ozarkarmor

The name of the trails - Rock Creek, it's located on M highway. M highway dead ends into Big M Marina/ campground. Looks like an awsome campground and has a floating cafe that looks very cool as well. Don't know much about the trails exept for hear say. Have heard there are more than plenty to choose from mild to wild. It is part of Mark Twain forest and ofcourse purple paint means private which we will avoid. I will post up later this weekend with a head count...
ozarkarmor is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
godfather1138

Just wanted to let you guys know I am going to be out of pocket for the weekend. I will try to check and update this thread if I can get net connection. If not I will do so Sunday night when I get home.
Unread 07-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #5
ARXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'll be there. I'll bring whatever you guys need me too. I've got a couple of coolers and a sams membership so just let me know. Also my roomate with a lifted trooper on 32's will be coming if you guys don't mind a non jeep hanging out.

00 Xj, RE 4.5, Arb copy bull bar, Conferr Rack, cobra 19.
ARXJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
ozarkarmor

Good neighbor Larry and myself just got back from Mark Twain - trails at rock creek were less than desirable. Trails at roaring river are even thicker than before. Spent most of the day knocking spiders and unwanteds off my lap. Major let down, I normaly don't wheel the forest lands untill winter, today I rememberd why. Big M campground is very nice and the floating cafe is well worth the trip. However I think I'm going to Dysney next weekend for campout. Sorry for the short notice, catch up with you guys soon.
Unread 07-14-2008, 12:39 AM   #7
godfather1138

Well is Dysney a location the rest of the group might want to switch to? It doesn't sound like the trails are exactly prime at Mark Twain right now.
Unread 07-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkarmor View Post
Trails at roaring river are even thicker than before. Spent most of the day knocking spiders and unwanteds off my lap.
Exactly what I said in the other thread. I know some great trails up there but there is no way to get through them this time of year...and I've never seen a place with so many spiders!

My Parents/Grandparents lived near Rock Creek...I think their land is still on alot of maps and you may have seen it...Bates Corner? I know of a small trail no-one uses anymore that ends up on the Big M side, we will have to meet up at a later date and all try it out. That whole area is kinda crazy with pissy landowners I understand, it's different than it was 20 years ago.

I've got a Family Reunion in Cassville on Sunday..and another friend planned a yearly camp/motorcycle trip for friday night and saturday morning but I'm still undecided. I was still thinking of trailering the heep to Roaring River and just hanging out with you guys and eatin some grub.
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
godfather1138

Ok, I'm feeling that we may need to pick a new date for this. With me running an event this past weekend I was not really able to put the effort into this that I should have to have these kinds of issues resolved and decided on by now.

Thoughts?
Unread 07-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #10
ozarkarmor

I have reserved a camp site with electricity at Dysney (cherokee landing) it's just across twin bridges on the right. reserved for friday and saturday night, if anyone is intrested. I will be bringing an air compressor so air up won't be an issue.
Unread 07-14-2008, 04:59 PM   #11
ARXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Me and my roomate are still good to go what would you want us to bring?

Unread 07-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #12
godfather1138

You good for some beef, dogs, or brauts? BTW, will you be camping?

Then if we can get someone to get the buns, someone else to get some chips... I don't know, it just depends on how many people are actually going to come as to what everyone needs to bring. BTW, I will add plates and paper towels to the things I am bringing.
Unread 07-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #13
Big_Fisch
2002 WJ 

It looks like a definite out for me.
We will be moving my cousin and her fiance that morning and my friend is back from Florida, so we're doing a makeshift belated b-day for him.

Sucks, too...the heep is going up for sale and it'd be nice to let a few more people check it out, just in case.
Big_Fisch is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #14
ARXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather1138 View Post
You good for some beef, dogs, or brauts? BTW, will you be camping?

Then if we can get someone to get the buns, someone else to get some chips... I don't know, it just depends on how many people are actually going to come as to what everyone needs to bring. BTW, I will add plates and paper towels to the things I am bringing.

Sure I will grab some beef, and brats from sams on the way. I probably won't be camping I've got a bunch of stuff to get done sunday. Will be trying out my Rubicon Express 4.5 for the first time...

Unread 07-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #15
godfather1138

Quote:
Rubicon Express 4.5
Drool...

OK, I'll update the list. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.